Woman steals Beckford Play Off shirt from child

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
This again feels uneasily like one of those sequences where it's hard to decide what's more dispiriting: the fact that meanness consistently occurs in the world or the reactionary capability technology gives people to metaphorically grab their wooden stakes and begin shouting for beheadings.

Not hard for me to decide. Are you suggesting she's best left to profit, without derision. Put me down for Beheadings!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Not hard for me to decide. Are you suggesting she's best left to profit, without derision. Put me down for Beheadings!

It's wrongun-ish, but then it seems to just be perpetuating the righteousness of all these people who devote their lives to being indiscriminately furious and outraged, and there's a picture of her going into the ground, and the kids' football team she's involved with are implicated, as are PNE, who she doesn't seem to have even supported.

I should have known it would feel a bit unsettling when all the tweets and stories prefaced their titles with "shocking:", as if we all need to be told what we should feel.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She doesn't appear to be, though there is a link to another thread where a name is mentioned. Are we allowed to put it on here (coupled with the word 'allegedly' of course)?

She is named on the previous page with the kids football team. They appear to be from Oldham.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wtf has that got to do with anything on here?

What has an analysis of the far reaching effects of shaming got to do with a thread that contains people suggesting we shame this woman and someone started questioning whether the shaming is worse than the incident? I have no idea. Why on earth would I post something like that in a thread like this?

:facepalm:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well, the shirt's off Gumtree already....

It was a truly despicable act; I do hope OB go calling.
I don't see why the old bill should be involved as no crime has been committed...
Who's the shirt for and who's it been stolen from????
I presumed that maybe one of the kids was hers,but don't know obviously.

There is no grounds for the police to get involved :ffsparr:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I found it just as disheartening watching the kids fighting over it like it was the last bowl of rice in Africa. Especially the fat one at the back. Eeeh, I can't abide a fat child.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't see why the old bill should be involved as no crime has been committed...
Who's the shirt for and who's it been stolen from????
I presumed that maybe one of the kids was hers,but don't know obviously.

There is no grounds for the police to get involved :ffsparr:

There may be.

The shirt was aimed by Beckford towards the group of children. Is it his intention to pass ownership to one of them (unspecified). It is apparent to all around, no other adult makes a move to take it. It is therefore theirs to determine the ownership.

The individual then moves in and wrestles the shirt away from a boy from the group who wasn't distracted by the stewards intervention. Only he and her are left grappling for the shirt. He then gives up.

The question here is of intended ownership, and it wasn't for her. At one stage, earlier in the video, another adult is caught up in the group but tries to move away, having no intention of taking it. So he understood.

There are grounds for accusation of theft, assuming she is not the Mother of the boy(s) involved.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It does appear that the Gumtree ad may have been false.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here