Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woman steals Beckford Play Off shirt from child

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Today, Ted's aunt Claire Dockray called on people to forgive Ms Timbrell, who knows Ted and his family, and lives just a mile away from them in Failsworth, Manchester.

'We don't feel any bad feeling towards the woman and hope it calms down,' she told a Preston North End fan page.

'[Ted] was a bit disappointed but he’s fine.

'My family would never want any trouble for the woman over a football shirt.

'I'm sure it will be a happy ending for everyone involved.'

My guess would be she's gone and concocted some story with the family in order to save face. And they'll split the cash from the newspapers.

Happy ending for everyone involved.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My guess would be she's gone and concocted some story with the family in order to save face. And they'll split the cash from the newspapers.

Oh, you cynic, you.

No doubt you'd also think that she'll keep the shirt until PNE give the boy Beckford's second shirt at which point she'll swap the original one for the second one and then both sets of people have a shirt and some cash; at which point at least one shirt will appear on Gumtree/Ebay. Shirley not, though. People can't be as manipulative of bad publicity as that, can they?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Today, Ted's aunt Claire Dockray called on people to forgive Ms Timbrell, who knows Ted and his family, and lives just a mile away from them in Failsworth, Manchester.

'We don't feel any bad feeling towards the woman and hope it calms down,' she told a Preston North End fan page.

'[Ted] was a bit disappointed but he’s fine.

'My family would never want any trouble for the woman over a football shirt.

'I'm sure it will be a happy ending for everyone involved.'

So far it's only the cow that's said she knows the family, but that statement seems to want to distance themselves from her, they only refer to her as 'the woman'...if you're friends with someone you wouldn't describe someone like that'. I reckon she's only said that to save face, the dim bint.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So far it's only the cow that's said she knows the family, but that statement seems to want to distance themselves from her, they only refer to her as 'the woman'...if you're friends with someone you wouldn't describe someone like that'. I reckon she's only said that to save face, the dim bint.

Possibly.
Or they just didn't want to use her name in the press (even though they've got hold of it now anyway).

Either way, I sniff a face-saving deal being cut. She's already said "Its all wrong and twisted. My side of the story will soon come out" - no immediate explanation then, which surely would have been straightforward enough you'd have thought. Something is being cooked up. Probably some old gubbins about her saying she was just going to "look after it for him, so that the other kids couldn't get hold of it later". Everyone gets some cash. Ted will be promised a PS4 to play along with it. Job done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Preston have offered the lad the other shirt that Beckford wore, as the players changed their shirts at half time, so it will still be match worn.

http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/c...e-beckfords-play-off-final-shirt-2471580.aspx

Please note, no one involved in this situation is connected with Preston North End in any way, shape or form.

The people seated in the area of the incident attended the Play-Off Final as part of the League One Football League Kids’ Cup Final which was played earlier in the day.

They're Oldham fans, which is what I read on the Preston board link.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
While not disagreeing that the match worn shirt would obviously have more value, I can see how a shirt worn for a match between two third tier teams, Wembley or not, isn't something to get too excited about, which I suspect the original poster was trying to say....possibly...
The shirt in question to a Preston fan is worth considerably more than a club shop bought one but to any other fan it is worth nothing. Although of course is not worth £1,500.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here