Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
He'd make a better synchronised diving partner to Tom Daley than a footballer, cheating Palace scum bag.

He can't. He is on the list for the GB olympic football team

Assuming you're talking about that cheat Zaha, it was a blatant dive. Why can't you be impartial? All Brighton fans here seem to have the good grace to say we played badly at the Amex, and got the 0 points we deserved - we can see the occasions where we're lucky not to give away penalties etc, but quite a few Palace fans here seem incapable of accepting the blatant truth.

PS - if you weren't talking about Zaha, I apologise for jumping to conclusions.

IMO it was not a dive. Watch it again.

The bloke cant run 5 metres without throwing himself to the ground. Of course it was a dive.

What a load of shit.

:laugh:

No, of course it wasn't.

Spot on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Clearly you're biased against him. I've seen Zaha play about 60 times, and he's been the best player on the pitch in most of them.

As a Palace fan judging players I support, Zaha is by far the best.

I would also add that Ronaldo is a cheat - but it doesn't stop him being an incredible player. Wilf doesn't do anything wrong except go down easily sometimes. He is far more sporting than your team (worst disciplinary record in the league, or is it second now?)

Why on earth would I be biased against him? It's a fact, that I've only seen the lad three times, and he's not been your best player in any of them. What's difficult to grasp?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Why on earth would I be biased against him? It's a fact, that I've only seen the lad three times, and he's not been your best player in any of them. What's difficult to grasp?

It's not a fact that he wasn't the best, it's your opinion. Opinion is subject to bias.

Most Palace fans without bias against our own players would agree with me.

He's the most talented player in the league by far.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He can't. He is on the list for the GB olympic football team
So you're suggesting that olympic athletes can only compete in one event? You'd be wrong, but that's not really what you were trying to say is it, you were trying to say 'oo look at us, we've got a player in the olympic team :flounce:'

IMO it was not a dive. Watch it again.
You're obviously looking at footage shown perpendicular to the run, where you can't see whether or not there is contact. Look at sky sports footage, in line with the run, and you can see there is no contact. Zaha's moves his trailing leg across his front leg to make the dive, but Will isn't near his trailing leg, he's close to the front leg. It was a dive.

Zaha is an excellent player. He has skills now and great potential. Don't blind yourself into thinking he'd never do anything wrong though, most players would dive if they thought they'd get a penalty, and most fans would be happy. He did his job.

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
Going back on topic

There is an article in the Telegraph post yesterday about this, sorry I can not post links yet, search google for Wolves it is the top link. Gus Poyet name is not even mentioned.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
From The Super Sizzling Soar-away Sensational....so it MUST be true.

"And Wolves have rejected Brighton's £2million fee for their manager Gus Poyet."

Wolves boss news: Brian McDermott ruled out of running | The Sun |Sport|Football

Have to say the silence was deafening from the club& Poyet yesterday..No 'I'm not interested' or 'refuse to let speak'...
So, we can now assume he'd take ANY premier club, or any 'bigger' club that come knocking not just the 'special' one he previously quoted'??

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Have to say the silence was deafening from the club& Poyet yesterday..No 'I'm not interested' or 'refuse to let speak'...
So, we can now assume he'd take ANY premier club, or any 'bigger' club that come knocking not just the 'special' one he previously quoted'??

Poyet won't be refused permission to talk to any top division club.

Wolves have done very well keeping this all under tabs, newspapers were reporting yesterday that McDermott had spoken to them. They haven't a clue what's going on...

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

Sadly, this is true.

It is no longer just a 'special job' which will lure him - any Premier League vacancy other than say Wigan or Blackburn will take him away, unless, like Wolves, they won't pay the 2million or so compensation.

If it's definate the Russian has persuaded McDermott to stay at Reading, I still think Wolves will be back for Poyet, and a deal on compensation could be done.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If he is offered the job he will be off in a shot. Loyalty does not exist in football

How can you be so certain? Personally, I see this one as a lose-lose-lose for Wolves, the Albion and, most importantly, Gus...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's not a fact that he wasn't the best, it's your opinion. Opinion is subject to bias.

Most Palace fans without bias against our own players would agree with me.

He's the most talented player in the league by far.

Really? No that is a claim I dispute...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sadly, this is true.

It is no longer just a 'special job' which will lure him - any Premier League vacancy other than say Wigan or Blackburn will take him away, unless, like Wolves, they won't pay the 2million or so compensation.

If it's definate the Russian has persuaded McDermott to stay at Reading, I still think Wolves will be back for Poyet, and a deal on compensation could be done.

What are you basing this ridiculous statement on? Newspaper reports. If Gus does not go to wolves id like to see a grovelling apology from you.

Sent from my field radio

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
What are you basing this ridiculous statement on? Newspaper reports. If Gus does not go to wolves id like to see a grovelling apology from you.

Sent from my field radio

Why? It's an opinion, not an insult or anything worthy of apology for. I would simply be wrong.

Seriously think he's on his way if McDermott stays at Reading.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why? It's an opinion, not an insult or anything worthy of apology for. I would simply be wrong.

Seriously think he's on his way if McDermott stays at Reading.

Well, I seriously don't think Gus is that stupid...

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just like Gus will allow the players to speak to a club if they think it will further their careers, eg Crofts, Bennett, then equally I am sure TB has the same agreement with Gus, and not limited to just a few clubs that will be allowed.

Just because they have permission to talk does not mean the price/transfer fee will be agreed or that they will go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here