Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves FAC5 tickets

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
The ticket office may have told you that, but we must have agreed to it.

That's the way cup pricing works - BOTH clubs have to agree.
Well Wolves are charging their own fans more than £30 in some areas for this game so going back to your initial post re the FAB (laugh) speaking to our side would be a hiding to nothing

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

So what happens if they don't agree??

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
My reason for asking if the club should have considered subbing the ticket prices for this match is to increase the potential number that we will take, to possibly help the team. Had this been a weekend KO we would have taken the 15% allocation easily (~4.5k). As it's mid-week we'll be lucky to take 1.5k. £30 a ticket and I'll be impressed if it's more than 1k sold. That gives Wolves a clear advantage.
This 5th round midweek thing is yet another way that the FA are finding to screw over their own flagship domestic competition, they are gimps in suits, you couldn't make it up. That is until you realise that they prioritise the England team over EVERYTHING else.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My reason for asking if the club should have considered subbing the ticket prices for this match is to increase the potential number that we will take, to possibly help the team. Had this been a weekend KO we would have taken the 15% allocation easily (~4.5k). As it's mid-week we'll be lucky to take 1.5k. £30 a ticket and I'll be impressed if it's more than 1k sold. That gives Wolves a clear advantage.
This 5th round midweek thing is yet another way that the FA are finding to screw over their own flagship domestic competition, they are gimps in suits, you couldn't make it up. That is until you realise that they prioritise the England team over EVERYTHING else.
Actually had not thought of the possible home advantage angle by mandating these matches as midweek. I'd have gone if it was a weekend.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Too many reasons, primarily the mid-week one, to give this one a miss.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
They did this for the West Brom replay in the cup a few years ago (where murray scored with his knob), tickets cost £5 instead of 10 and we all got a free beer + one food item. They never seem to do this anymore.

Seagull in Range

Oct 20, 2004
Mossley

That's how it USED to work. Now the home team only sets the admission price (as per line 208 of the FA Cup Challenge Cup rules 2023-24). BHA get no say.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t get this argument. If you can afford to travel to Wolves for a midweek cup game then whether the ticket is 20 quid, 25 quid or 30 quid is largely immaterial. The difference is a very small proportion of the cost of the day. Your suggestion that a third of potential ticket buyers would be put off by a tenner seems pretty unlikely to me.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I don’t get this argument. If you can afford to travel to Wolves for a midweek cup game then whether the ticket is 20 quid, 25 quid or 30 quid is largely immaterial. The difference is a very small proportion of the cost of the day. Your suggestion that a third of potential ticket buyers would be put off by a tenner seems pretty unlikely to me.
It’s not so much about affordability more about perception, a bit like making something £9.95 instead of £10.00. Had the club taken a tenner off then the perception is the club are trying to help the fans,

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
and its almost as if that 11th placed Wolves dont want any Brighton fans to attend this 5th round cup tie !:poop:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The £5-10 is immaterial because I’d still pay, BUT, it would be nice if the club could recognise that we’ve put a lot of dedication into this, and follow the club through thick and thin, and could maybe give us back a fiver that could go to a pint, or a soft drink or a food item as a goodwill gesture.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure I like all these begging bowl requests. Firstly, suggesting the club should refund fans for Luton and now seeking subsidies for the cup game at Wolves.
It's a bit unbecoming of fans.

As others have said, it's not the price of the ticket that is stopping people from going, it's the midweek kick off and, potentially very late return if it goes as far as penalties!!

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
As others have said, it's not the price of the ticket that is stopping people from going, it's the midweek kick off and, potentially very late return if it goes as far as penalties!!
Agreed and with the European away games have little leave left to take off for a mid week game

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why should the club subsidise this ?

Ample time for people to decide and everyone who wants to go will

Entitled bore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here