[Albion] Wolves Away

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still 100+ available to ALL season ticket holders now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
400 still available... what happened to this CLOSED SHOP that people whinge about?
In concur with the sentiment, BUT a few things:

1) Wolves away is during peak school holiday season - a lot of people will be away
2) Its a dreadful away experience, zero atmosphere from that shallow terrace
3) It's not near (or far), but arguably better away fixtures to come, including potential Europe trips. Top tier people saving their money for those?

But mostly 1)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

1) Wolves away is during peak school holiday season - a lot of people will be away
3) It's not near (or far), but arguably better away fixtures to come, including potential Europe trips. Top tier people saving their money for those?

But mostly 1)

Definitely mostly 1. Any match during school holidays, even half terms, usually has lots of tickets available. Lots of families don't plan their lives around football.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012

But mostly 1)
I'm in the Top Tier (just) so I'm consolidating my position by going. Cant be too careful with the some European away trips incoming!

(Plus my son is at uni in Brum so we're going to move some stuff up to his flat that morning)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

But mostly 1)
What’s wrong with drinking watered down Madri in a Premier Inn ???

Seriously, though, I’m in because it’s the Albion, I’ve seen us score 7 goals in two visits to Molineaux and it’s a great chance to get some fan points before Europe gets drawn.

But mostly 3)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And at least it’s not that Withdean stand in the corner. Who the f*** goes in there?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
@Barry Izbak is this something the FAB could take up with the club?
Yes. The FAB have a meeting soon regarding European Ticketing and I will bring this subject up at the same time - relating to Premier League tickets

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Then perhaps your club isn’t bothered about a closed shop of the same people always buying the tickets regardless of whether or not they go to the game thereby re-enforcing their ability to hoover up all the tickets for the high demand games. Maybe it doesn’t happen at Derby or maybe you have just never noticed. It has certainly happened at Brighton hence our club’s approach.

Literally nobody has said there is a closed shop. That’s not what this debate is about although a few have been protesting (to whom I don’t know) that there isn’t one.

Eh?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Won't stop the 'closed shop' whingers though will it?
I'll be honest, I'm struggling with your snarky and sarcastic posts on this subject. I really don't understand where you're coming from, if you have an issue and if so, what it is and why.

Any chance you can cut the snark out for a post or two and just lay out your position so I can understand please?

I don't see how the scheme impacts you directly because, I thought you and your group are all points-rich, so will get tier 1 priority for when you go to games, which is most of them.

And I don't see how anyone can have a concern with a scheme that is simply intended to ensure all fans get a fair chance to buy, based on their previous buying history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports