Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This fixture could be season-defining.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Does quick calculation. As mentioned elsewhere, I'm well over the 253 points needed but my mate is 5 under. If, as you say, it is only 1000 seats on sale he should be safe for Euro tickets for venues with 1500 allocation.
But looking at the ticket site, is that not half the stand, 5 of 9 blocks, so nearer 1500 seats?
WAIT. Now 6 blocks with last three coming up but then blocked. No, reckon it's full 3000 in the end.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It will be the full 3,000. They're just doing that normal bollocks of releasing them in blocks instead of selling all in one go. I'm giving this is a miss. Yes it's the first away game of the season but Wolves is a dreadful away end (side) with no atmosphere at all and a very pitch side view. Much preferred it when they put us in the top corner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does quick calculation. As mentioned elsewhere, I'm well over the 253 points needed but my mate is 5 under. If, as you say, it is only 1000 seats on sale he should be safe for Euro tickets for venues with 1500 allocation.
But looking at the ticket site, is that not half the stand, 5 of 9 blocks, so nearer 1500 seats?
WAIT. Now 6 blocks with last three coming up but then blocked. No, reckon it's full 3000 in the end.
If you're not in tier 1 for Wolves, I'd say you only have a very slim hope of making a 1,500 Euro allocation unless the fixture is in some absolutely god awful hellhole that puts a lot of people off.

The points level set for Wolves tier 1 is likely to make c3,000 fans eligible.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If you're not in tier 1 for Wolves, I'd say you only have a very slim hope of making a 1,500 Euro allocation unless the fixture is in some absolutely god awful hellhole that puts a lot of people off.

The points level set for Wolves tier 1 is likely to make c3,000 fans eligible.
Thanks Bozza. That's why I questioned the 1000 (or 1500) seats released on day one thinking that was how many were in the top allocation. As you say, every one able to purchase on day is is guaranteed a ticket, so if 3000 are available then 253 pts would be 3000 fans.
Next would be how many of those 3000 want to go to Europe? Well if you've the points it is because you are a true fan and I would say a high majority. Can my mate get those 5 points to push him over the line? This game is the only away match to gain points prior to our first possible away Euro match so is bound to sell out for exactly this reason. On the plus side it's worth 10 pts.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
After the disappointment of missing the first home game, it's good to be back for the first away game!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks Bozza. That's why I questioned the 1000 (or 1500) seats released on day one thinking that was how many were in the top allocation. As you say, every one able to purchase on day is is guaranteed a ticket, so if 3000 are available then 253 pts would be 3000 fans.
Next would be how many of those 3000 want to go to Europe? Well if you've the points it is because you are a true fan and I would say a high majority. Can my mate get those 5 points to push him over the line? This game is the only away match to gain points prior to our first possible away Euro match so is bound to sell out for exactly this reason. On the plus side it's worth 10 pts.
I'd like the club to be completely transparent with ticket allocations in the way Liverpool are...

This transparency extends to notifying how many of their overall allocation is not being made available to regular fans, eg:

The club received a full allocation of 34,090 tickets for this all-ticket fixture.​
The breakdown of LFC’s full ticket allocation is:​
  • General supporter allocation: 77 per cent
  • Contractual supporter allocation; to include seasonal hospitality members and priority rights holders: 16 per cent
  • Matchday officials/first-team players/media: 6 per cent
  • Commercial partners – contractual obligations: 1 per cent
From: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fa-cup-semi-final-ballot-information

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Interesting to see Liverpool have applied attendance at previous European games as the only priority selection criteria and not based it upon domestic 'loyalty points' accumulation.
Whilst we start with nothing, the club could quickly implement similar after the group games if we progress further.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"I'm all going on a Wolverhampton tour.
A Wolverhampton tour.
A Wolverhampton tour".

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'd like the club to be completely transparent with ticket allocations in the way Liverpool are...

This transparency extends to notifying how many of their overall allocation is not being made available to regular fans, eg:

The club received a full allocation of 34,090 tickets for this all-ticket fixture.​
The breakdown of LFC’s full ticket allocation is:​
  • General supporter allocation: 77 per cent
  • Contractual supporter allocation; to include seasonal hospitality members and priority rights holders: 16 per cent
  • Matchday officials/first-team players/media: 6 per cent
  • Commercial partners – contractual obligations: 1 per cent
From: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fa-cup-semi-final-ballot-information
those allocations are pretty small considering the size of the grounds - none of these are small clubs.....

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The fly in the ointment here is of course the tickets that the club hold back for players comps, sponsors, media etc .We are never privy to the exact number but i guess that it is about 10% of available seats so about 300 out of a 3000 allocation. The club must take that into account when setting the bands meaning that the 253 pts would represent 2700 fans.
Like yourself i thought this game would sell out easily and am somewhat surprised to find that after the morning rush there are still over 800 for sale WITH 3 blocks at one end still to be opened. I estimate that these 3 blocks are about 900 seats so plenty available for later tiers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The fly in the ointment here is of course the tickets that the club hold back for players comps, sponsors, media etc .We are never privy to the exact number but i guess that it is about 10% of available seats so about 300 out of a 3000 allocation. The club must take that into account when setting the bands meaning that the 253 pts would represent 2700 fans.
Like yourself i thought this game would sell out easily and am somewhat surprised to find that after the morning rush there are still over 800 for sale WITH 3 blocks at one end still to be opened. I estimate that these 3 blocks are about 900 seats so plenty available for later tiers.
That's why I posted about how Liverpool explicitly state the number of tickets available in my links above.

But, of equal interest were these bits which they disclose:

In line with UEFA guidelines, a further 200 top-category seats have been allocated to be used as part of the players' allocation and staff, travelling club staff and VIPs.​

Like you, I had expected the club to hold back some of our allocation for their own purposes, but if the Europa League has the similar rules to the Champions League, then that might not be many tickets at all, which would be good news for us lowly regular fans.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
That's why I posted about how Liverpool explicitly state the number of tickets available in my links above.

In line with UEFA guidelines, a further 200 top-category seats have been allocated to be used as part of the players' allocation and staff, travelling club staff and VIPs.​

Like you, I had expected the club to hold back some of our allocation for their own purposes, but if the Europa League has the similar rules to the Champions League, then that might not be many tickets at all, which would be good news for us lowly regular fans.
Do you remember the West Ham problem when they were attacked. That was home fans attacking the area used by F&F of players and was separate to the other fans.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Thanks Bozza, i had not read your excellent post about Liverpool when i replied. It would indeed be great if our club could be more open about such things. Also i see your point about the further 200 seats has been backed up by Official Old Man's post about West Ham.
Your final few words made me smile - talk about knowing your place ! ;)

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Interesting to see Liverpool have applied attendance at previous European games as the only priority selection criteria and not based it upon domestic 'loyalty points' accumulation.
Whilst we start with nothing, the club could quickly implement similar after the group games if we progress further.
I haven't looked in ages, but it used to be the case that Liverpool had separate qualification for home league games, away league games, home FA Cup games, away FA Cup games, home League Cup games, away..... (you get the idea).
Although I think if you went to every home cup game you had a chance of going to the final.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hmm, that doesn't really make any sense though does it. Just because you've attended 3 group games, arguably the most attractive games in the club's history, how does that make you more deserving of those currently in the top tiers of the loyalty scheme that have built that up over several seasons and 100's of games?

Pretty sure the club will stick with the current scheme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports