[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Difficult half but played well at times. Would really like to see Welbeck replaced though, works really hard but his dribbling and hesitancy to shoot lets him down
Playing Welbeck ahead of Ferguson is just law of diminishing returns now. I get it that Ferguson's game time needs managing, but to have both him and Pedro on the bench just seems a bit daft. Sooner they both come on, sooner we put this game to bed

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
We desperately need that defensive midfielder replacement for Caicedo asap.

Wolves have exposed us in that department the last 15 minutes of the half.

Edit: Webster superb after a shaky start 🤣

Last edited:

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Playing Welbeck ahead of Ferguson is just law of diminishing returns now. I get it that Ferguson's game time needs managing, but to have both him and Pedro on the bench just seems a bit daft
I think Welbeck gets in the team because he plays the De Zerbi way really well. He drops deep to receive and lay off the ball a lot. Ultimately though he lets us down too much and ruins a lot of attacks

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’d be tempted to take advantage of our strong bench and being able to make 5 subs and take all 3 booked players off as the red is a real concern. Veltman for Milner, Dahoud for Gross and Joao Pedro for Enciso. Shame for Enciso as he’s been good but the crowd will be baying for the red.

We can play better than that too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Welbeck gets in the team because he plays the De Zerbi way really well. He drops deep to receive and lay off the ball a lot. Ultimately though he lets us down too much and ruins a lot of attacks
Does everything very well until we get in the box where he seems a bit slow witted in tight situations to me :shrug:

Impressed with Gilmour but I expect him to be subbed, RDZ never gives him more than about 50 mins.

March has disappointed me so far today

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Welbeck has been involved with most of our best attacking movements this half.

His final product hasn't been there today though - but certainly not a 'weak link'.

March for me has been that, unfortunately. Worried for him as he doesn't look confident/fit or generally up to it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd suggest that Welbeck is mainly just toiling nowadays. Always puts in a decent shift to his credit, but RDZ has way better tools at his disposal IMHO

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Both teams played good first end to end first half - we are fortunate Wolves are less clinical in front of goal because they’ve looked very dangerous on the counters and we fortunately have Mitoma who epitomises ‘clinical’!
- world class goal.

I think we need Ferguson on to get behind some of those crosses and give us an early cushion in the second half - I’m impressed with Gilmour - there’s a lot of vacuum in our MF left by Mackie and Caceido but Gilmore is pivoting really well - I love Milner too - it’s like we have two team captains holding down the fort out there making sure calm heads and steady feet prevail.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Dale Stephens, and sons, behind us in block 6. Couple of WAGS / family, near us, too. No idea who they are though. 🤷😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports