Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woking Away (Now official thread) - All Ticket

I went up ther last time in the cup (about 20 years ago!).
So thought I'd better go again.
Will be 2 of us this time, and noisy!

Come on Albion!!

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I went to the Woking-Hereford game the season after we sent Hereford down(to show solidarity with Hereford,their fans were of a mixed opinion on my gesture) on street parking near the ground was easy.

Ben_WFC

Oct 24, 2010
Anyone got any suggestions on good places to park? Woking folk?

Depends how early you get there. If you are there early enough then you might be able to grab a space in the leisure center opposite, but that might have to be quite early for this game. If not then there is a long road to the side of the ground that you may be able to park down. There are also a couple other side roads further on so you shouldn't really have a problem finding somewhere within a 5 minute walk.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Ben WFC. Just wondered if you could help mate, a housemate of mine at Uni is a Woking fan and we're going up to the game together (insert gay quips/jokes here). Normally before I go to games I stick to the pubs that get touted on here as being away friendly. He said it should be fine drinking with him and his buddies before the game at some local he knows. Reckon I'll be alright in colours around the Woking lot even with my mate and a few of his friends? Don't want any unecassary aggro. Cheers mate, enjoy the game.

card-fan

Oct 25, 2010
Should be fine Southwick, although can never tell with these "big games". Any idea which pub it is?

On the parking front, as Ben said there's parking opposite and parking in the local streets. There's also the Heathside Car Park as suggested on our website, which is about a 10 minute walk away, but will mean you get away quicker and are more likely to find a space. When you get to the railway bridge/tunnel on route to ground, follow the road round to the right and you'll see the Police Station. The first road you see should be Heathside Road. Turn left and eventually you'll come to a road called White Rose Lane on the left. Turn in and you'll see the car park about 50m on the left. It's also walking distance from Sovereigns. You may notice it opposite the Police Station as you drive in. After 7 it's £1.10 all night, so if you got there 6-6.30 for a pre match pint it wouldn't be too pricey!

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mather

Nov 10, 2010
Ottershaw
Will be cycling to the game with my dad, as we live 3 miles o/s Woking. Having a drink in the Weatherspoon pub in the High Street prior to the game.

Gave two of my football team (Woking fans) a lift back from the Withdean on Saturday, took plenty of stick. Got worse on Saturday night and Sunday. Had to admit there fans were excellent. Need a result Tuesday

As the old man is not a white member, any idea what the chances of him getting a ticket in the Brighton end.

:albion1:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Will be cycling to the game with my dad, as we live 3 miles o/s Woking. Having a drink in the Weatherspoon pub in the High Street prior to the game.

Gave two of my football team (Woking fans) a lift back from the Withdean on Saturday, took plenty of stick. Got worse on Saturday night and Sunday. Had to admit there fans were excellent. Need a result Tuesday

As the old man is not a white member, any idea what the chances of him getting a ticket in the Brighton end.

:albion1:

I would say unlikely to be honest. Might be worth biting the bullet, paying the tenner and getting him a white membership and ticket at the same time.

onehanded

Oct 22, 2010
It's the flag and inflateable beach toy evening at woking match. All brighton fans to do their bit.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I just purchased number 768, this is going to sell out EASILY

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last time I went to Kingfield I drove past the ground on my left took the next turning left and there was ample parking space down that road.

Wife is going to drop us off at the gate and go shopping in Morrisons while the game is on so hope it doesnt go to extra time.

card-fan

Oct 25, 2010
Last time I went to Kingfield I drove past the ground on my left took the next turning left and there was ample parking space down that road.

Wife is going to drop us off at the gate and go shopping in Morrisons while the game is on so hope it doesnt go to extra time.

If you're talking about Westfield Avenue, I think it's all closed off now due to building work.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I really wouldn't worry about wearing colours. I don't remember any tales of aggro from a Woking match in the all the time I've been here. As for parking, on the rare occasion I go I walk so I'm not much use. I'm told that York Road is a safe bet, which will involve a 10 minute walk down to the ground. If you want to check out where it is then tap in GU22 7XP into Google Maps. Good luck.

Ben_WFC

Oct 24, 2010
Ben WFC. Just wondered if you could help mate, a housemate of mine at Uni is a Woking fan and we're going up to the game together (insert gay quips/jokes here). Normally before I go to games I stick to the pubs that get touted on here as being away friendly. He said it should be fine drinking with him and his buddies before the game at some local he knows. Reckon I'll be alright in colours around the Woking lot even with my mate and a few of his friends? Don't want any unecassary aggro. Cheers mate, enjoy the game.

Really can't see ther being much of a problem aslong as you don't try and get in our club bar you should be ok to drink almost everywhere

Ben_WFC

Oct 24, 2010

It won't don't worry, we will finish you off by half time ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here