Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Zaha will go for an undisclosed fee in the end as there's now too much face to be lost. Handy as there's rumours as to how little of the fee will be reinvested in the team.

Parish can effectively say what he likes.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And Palace have just appointed Holloway as the manager :facepalm:

Great manager at this level , couldn't get any better from the championship I feel .
As for being a Mentallist ? That maybe true ! But I can't see him swapping Zaha for Buckley any time soon !

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
£20 million is pie in the sky and will never happen

However Palace are clearly looking for a substantial fee so what happens if say arsenal or Manchester United do come in with a £10 million final offer in january and parish rejects it? Zaha is obviously ambitious so how will he react if his head is turned by a big move and it is blocked?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
WTF ??? Gus has announced today that Buckley isn't for sale and is a better prospect than Winifred.

"Gus has announced"? Why on earth would you believe Gus saying that Buckley is better than Zaha? Obviously he's trying to raise the price of his own player, and will be using the best player in the league as a comparison.

Gus said "you'll need to pay a few million" to get him on the next line of that bloody article. Clearly he is for sale, and probably for £3m or so. Zaha will eventually go for 5 times that in the summer unless we go up.

The fact that Gus thinks Buckley is better than Zaha means nothing other than that he's even more mental than we thought. Most of your own fans agree that Zaha is the superior player, and is a far superior prospect being so much younger. The rest of the football world is raving about Wilfried, and nobody has heard of Will Buckley outside of Sussex.

Given that many media reports have linked Zaha to moves to Liverpool/United for £12m, does anyone actually think that Buckley is worth HALF of that? I very much doubt that even the most hardcore Albion fan values Buckley at £6m. Gus is talking absolute rubbish and you know it. Buckley is a good Championship player, but Wilf is simply too good for this division.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
£20 million is pie in the sky and will never happen

However Palace are clearly looking for a substantial fee so what happens if say arsenal or Manchester United do come in with a £10 million final offer in january and parish rejects it? Zaha is obviously ambitious so how will he react if his head is turned by a big move and it is blocked?

A £10m final offer is unrealistic.

The media is saying that the bidding will start at £9m or £12m depending on who you listen to. Clearly though, we're looking at a fair bit more than £10m for "final bid" territory in January.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
All this talk of him being worth 50 zillion quid just means he will look at his wage packet and think,' if I'm worth that much to the club when they sell me, I could be earning 10 times what I am currently getting in the Prem.'

don't tell me money doesn't talk, remember Freedman was supposed to bleed Red and Blue, yet at the first drop of a bigger club's knickers he couln't get out of Palace quick enough.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

The media is saying that the bidding will start at £9m or £12m depending on who you listen to. Clearly though, we're looking at a fair bit more than £10m for "final bid" territory in January.

The media (fuelled by parish) will not be bidding and what you are looking for and what you will get are two different things however you are missing my point. The valuation will be whatever other clubs are prepared to pay.

My point is a bid from a big club will probably turn Zahas head but what if this does not meet your owners valuation and collapses. What if nobody is prepared to pay the £15+ million you all seem to be looking for. Can't imagine the player being too happy if he is priced out of a dream move

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"Gus has announced"? Why on earth would you believe Gus saying that Buckley is better than Zaha? Obviously he's trying to raise the price of his own player, and will be using the best player in the league as a comparison.

Gus said "you'll need to pay a few million" to get him on the next line of that bloody article. Clearly he is for sale, and probably for £3m or so. Zaha will eventually go for 5 times that in the summer unless we go up.

The fact that Gus thinks Buckley is better than Zaha means nothing other than that he's even more mental than we thought. Most of your own fans agree that Zaha is the superior player, and is a far superior prospect being so much younger. The rest of the football world is raving about Wilfried, and nobody has heard of Will Buckley outside of Sussex.

Given that many media reports have linked Zaha to moves to Liverpool/United for £12m, does anyone actually think that Buckley is worth HALF of that? I very much doubt that even the most hardcore Albion fan values Buckley at £6m. Gus is talking absolute rubbish and you know it. Buckley is a good Championship player, but Wilf is simply too good for this division.

If you had read it properly - The Uruguayan told The Argus: "He's not for sale. It doesn't matter how many millions they are putting on the table in January. He is going nowhere.

"How much are they talking about for Zaha? Ten million? They are going to have to go over that, because he is better, I've got no doubt.

"So if you want him you are going to have to spend a few millions. We are not nice with anyone else now in any division, it doesn't matter where you are coming from.

That says that Buckley is worth more because he is a better player , not that he would go for a few million but a few million more than Winifred. If Parish can spout bullshit about valuations on players so can Gus.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
If you had read it properly - The Uruguayan told The Argus: "He's not for sale. It doesn't matter how many millions they are putting on the table in January. He is going nowhere.

"How much are they talking about for Zaha? Ten million? They are going to have to go over that, because he is better, I've got no doubt.

"So if you want him you are going to have to spend a few millions. We are not nice with anyone else now in any division, it doesn't matter where you are coming from.

That says that Buckley is worth more because he is a better player , not that he would go for a few million but a few million more than Winifred. If Parish can spout bullshit about valuations on players so can Gus.

As I just said on another thread, I watched your match on Friday, and Buckley looked like an average to decent Championship player. Nowhere near the talent of Zaha. May not be easy for you to concede, but unfortunately, it's the truth. Gus appears to have a habit of talking about Palace in the media.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Given that you've only been offered £4m so far, it's not unrealistic to tale of £10m as a final offer is it? Unless you mean unrealistically high.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Given that many media reports have linked Zaha to moves to Liverpool/United for £12m...
I know for a FACT that United are not interested. They scouted him a few times and the verdict was he goes missing if the oppo get stuck into him. Contrasted with Ronaldo and Nani.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports