Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Do these Nigel's not realize we are laughing at them? And speaking of academy's, cant wait for our's to be built. Another thing that will be better than the Nigel's.

EDIT: How's Zaha's hamstring strain? You will be fu8ked with out him. Always said you are a one player club.
You haven't won since your one man cms got injured have you???

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Sorry that was a bit OTT, I do not agree that 'every footballer will fall over easily' There are some yes, and I am sure we have some incidents, Barnes does I know, but not all players. CMS is not a diver, quite an honest player in my view. Buckley in my view did dive at Selhurst last year, but will a Palace fan ever admit that Zaha does dive?, refs know it now, all opposing teams know it, maybe Palace fans do know it, but do not like to own up? How can anyone say that he got a legimate pen against us last year, he cheated, like Buckley, not right in my book, either player.

So you are saying that because you think Zaha dived, then its OK that Buckley dived...in that game only it sort of levels it up eh??

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You haven't won since your one man cms got injured have you???

Three men, CMS, Crofts and Bruno. Bruno is so key, Greer won't even bother passing to his replacement. We've effectively played the last couple of games with 10 and a half men because of this. We're also missing Crofts, his first absence was Sheff Weds where Hammond was making his debut with a purpose, and since then has not performed as well, so we're actually missing three men, and the replacement for one of them is not being used by the team captain making him only worth half a player on the pitch.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Three men, CMS, Crofts and Bruno. Bruno is so key, Greer won't even bother passing to his replacement. We've effectively played the last couple of games with 10 and a half men because of this. We're also missing Crofts, his first absence was Sheff Weds where Hammond was making his debut with a purpose, and since then has not performed as well, so we're actually missing three men, and the replacement for one of them is not being used by the team captain making him only worth half a player on the pitch.

So in essense your squad is very thin and cant withstand injuries and suspensions ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So in essense your squad is very thin and cant withstand injuries and suspensions ?

No.

We have half the team out (I forgot to mention Vicente being out, too), and the replacements coming in are new additions to the squad still getting used to our style of play (Dobbie, Orlandi, Hammond and Lopez are all new signings).

Take out 4 of your best players and replace them with someone who hasn't played a competitive game since last season, and three players who are new to your team, have another two of your key players affected by injury - one a couple of weeks off a surgery in germany, the other suffering from an injury that led to his withdrawal from the match three days earlier and see how you do against an expected top 6 team looking to unleash a backlash from an embarrassing loss the week before.

To have such an upheaval to the squad lead to an undeserved loss to a top 6 side and a tough draw against a team scrapping for points in no way makes it "very thin". I'd accept it's not totally settled, and that maybe another striker would be nice, but not that the squad is very thin or in theory can't handle the injuries. I would also say every player that played in those two games is better than they performed.

Last edited:

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Another two goals today from Zaha...and FOUR for the Eagles....none of them penalties...and a point in front of you now

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The lad is on fire, it will be interesting if any big offers come in the next deadline.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As it stands zaha is the hottest property going it will test palace as every player has a price.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The lad is on fire, it will be interesting if any big offers come in the next deadline.
I think there may be some interest this time, he seems to be scoring a little more regularly than in the past couple of seasons.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I think if there's an offer of 8 million Palace will take it, unless they have a serious chance of going up.

With losses confirmed at minimum 5 million for the season they will be keen to avoid another administration.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
No.

We have half the team out (I forgot to mention Vicente being out, too), and the replacements coming in are new additions to the squad still getting used to our style of play (Dobbie, Orlandi, Hammond and Lopez are all new signings).

Take out 4 of your best players and replace them with someone who hasn't played a competitive game since last season, and three players who are new to your team, have another two of your key players affected by injury - one a couple of weeks off a surgery in germany, the other suffering from an injury that led to his withdrawal from the match three days earlier and see how you do against an expected top 6 team looking to unleash a backlash from an embarrassing loss the week before.

To have such an upheaval to the squad lead to an undeserved loss to a top 6 side and a tough draw against a team scrapping for points in no way makes it "very thin". I'd accept it's not totally settled, and that maybe another striker would be nice, but not that the squad is very thin or in theory can't handle the injuries. I would also say every player that played in those two games is better than they performed.
We started the season with an injured, unfit Speroni, an injured still McCarthy, an injured Parr, Murray, Williams, Garvan and an unfit KG. We also didn't have Moritz, Bolasie, Delaney, Gabbidon or Goodwillie.

Our squad now shows footballing intent and once the back 4 is fit and back to the form of last year, we will be winning games with ease.

I was never Zaha's biggest fan, but the additions of Bolasie and Moritz mean we actually have more than 1 threat, and Murray now has people to cross him the ball, and people that he can lay the ball off to and looks like the player I spent all last year defending to Palace fans.

We're scoring for fun when our players get the ball on the deck and run at teams. Run at these Championship teams and they're shit scared, look at Swansea 2 years ago.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Who cares, Palace still wont end above us, we have a way better team than them and teams defend vs us, eg Derby playing 4-5-1 at home and Clough saying if we opened up more brighton would have torn us apart as a quality side.
Palace are seen as a weaker side and teams therefore go at them more so they can counter attack and make the most out of the very overrated but yes Fast Zaha, Murray will score goals when he is in the mood but dont worry, Palace will end lower than us this is just a blip and we have got 7 out of 9 points away from Home in last 3 games which is very good.
With Buckley hopefully back fully fit, Vicente, Bruno, Mackail smith and hopefully Hoskins all available soon we will have a lot more of our best players available, let the palace fans have time as they all know its not going to continue them being above us.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Who cares, Palace still wont end above us, we have a way better team than them and teams defend vs us, eg Derby playing 4-5-1 at home and Clough saying if we opened up more brighton would have torn us apart as a quality side.
Palace are seen as a weaker side and teams therefore go at them more so they can counter attack and make the most out of the very overrated but yes Fast Zaha, Murray will score goals when he is in the mood but dont worry, Palace will end lower than us this is just a blip and we have got 7 out of 9 points away from Home in last 3 games which is very good.
With Buckley hopefully back fully fit, Vicente, Bruno, Mackail smith and hopefully Hoskins all available soon we will have a lot more of our best players available, let the palace fans have time as they all know its not going to continue them being above us.

Vicente will probably never be fit....threads on here saying hoskins should be got rid of....and while you may have 7 from 9 away, that all counts for not a lot if you drop 7 from 9 at home in the last 3 games
And if teams think we are weak, well more fool them, as we are proving rightnow

Billingshurst Eagle

Jan 21, 2004
West Sussex
Wilf is coming to get ya!

2a83zb7.jpg

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009

If we are in the mix at the end of the season he won't be sold, i was told that by 'one of the four' this afternoon. He was only in the game 20 mins today (he spent most of it limping) but he destroyed Burnley. Looks eventually destined for a top four club. We can all be blinded by hatred by each others teams, or the fact that this player plays for CPFC or BHAFC, but imo he really is the real deal. As good a youngster as i've seen in 35 years watching footbal, watched him improve year on year.The pace and trickery of a young raw Ronaldo, will only get better and better. I can only hope he stays with us until the end of the season or beyond.
Zaha has good people around him and has had the close up view of seeing what happens when as a youngster you move 'up and onwards' too quick. We had a kid called John Bostock who came on against Watford in a first team game aged 15.287 days. He was being watched on a regular basis by (i kid you not) Real Madrid, Barca, Man Utd, Liv, Arse, Tot. His agent and Father engineered a move to Spurs and via a tribunal we got £700k (we wanted £1.5M). My point is that he had a natural ability and the World at his feet but was disastrously advised and had his head turned by £15k a week wages. He currently plays for Swindon and speaks volumes for taking 2 steps forward and 20 back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here