Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Er, he's also scored 3 from open play but feel free to miss them out. It must hurt seeing a former crowd favourite now scoring and being idolised by your most hated rivals. Glenn Murray :bowdown:

Not really.

If a girlfriend left me for some twat in South London who was willing to indulge her desire for more shiny presents, I wouldn't be hurt, I'd just move on and get myself another girlfriend. I'd also point out to the South London twat that my ex was only with him because she's a money grabbing bitch.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You mean why is (voluntarily ex-) England international, premier league winner, fa cup winner, league cup winner wayne bridge on a list of quality products from the Southampton Academy?

You left out the bit about him being the best LB in the Championship , playing for the stripes and on a season long loan from Man City.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't have any idea what value other clubs would put on that. If one player is better and younger than another, it's easy to see how their value is higher. How much their value is affected by which academy they trained at is a lot harder to define.

Academies have reputations, surely you know this? Southampton and West Ham for example, are known to produce quality players. Palace on the other hand, are not. That is bound to affect prices, even subconsciously.

A Spanish youngster who has gone through La Masia will cost many times that of an identically-talented youngster who has come through at Getafe, for example.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't have any idea what value other clubs would put on that. If one player is better and younger than another, it's easy to see how their value is higher. How much their value is affected by which academy they trained at is a lot harder to define.

In the same way we point to the previous teams players were signed for a team while not necessarily representing them at first team level (Gai Assulin had to be quality because he was a barceona player, even though he only represented their B team). If an academy has a history of picking good players and developing them well enough that they go on to represent their country, win premier league titles, etc., then it will reflect on their other graduates.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You left out the bit about him being the best LB in the Championship , playing for the stripes and on a season long loan from Man City.

Yes I did, because, while true, it's not relevant to why he should be included in a list of star graduates from his academy.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Academies have reputations, surely you know this? Southampton and West Ham for example, are known to produce quality players. Palace on the other hand, are not. That is bound to affect prices, even subconsciously.

A Spanish youngster who has gone through La Masia will cost many times that of an identically-talented youngster who has come through at Getafe, for example.

Crewe Alexandra are a great example of this

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Academies have reputations, surely you know this?
I know that bit. But I have no idea how much that affects value. Value is hard enough to work out anyway, depending so much on whether the selling club needs to sell, and how desperate the buying club are (eg, Andy Carroll). It's not like our country's top players all came from a select few academies. It's almost like you're saying an old shit player that came through SCC's academy is worth more than a talented young player from an unknown academy. I'm not saying it doesn't affect the value (I haven't suggested that at all), I just said I don't know how much it affects it. Do you know the exact amount then?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Do these Nigel's not realize we are laughing at them? And speaking of academy's, cant wait for our's to be built. Another thing that will be better than the Nigel's.

EDIT: How's Zaha's hamstring strain? You will be fu8ked with out him. Always said you are a one player club.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you know the exact amount then?

No idea - but it's definitely important enough for it to be one of the key points when discussing Zaha vs Oxlade-Chamberlain.

As for your other point, ermm...

Southampton - Bridge and Walcott
Manchester United - Scholes, Beckham, G. Neville
West Ham - Lampard, Carrick, Ferdinand, Joe Cole, G. Johnson, Defoe

So, the vast majority of top English players of the last 10-15 years come from 3 academies, practically 2 really.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just signed in to congratulate you on reaching 100 pages on Wilfried Zaha, a player you pretend to hate..as cheeky monkey says you wont find 100 pages about buckley or cms on our forum
Oh and it appears that 5 points have gone missing in brighton over the last week or so...any ideas boys??

Yep and whatever possessed a mod to move this back onto the main board? Small time in the extreme. Lock and/or delete this f/ing thread!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

So, the vast majority of top English players of the last 10-15 years come from 3 academies, practically 2 really.
You've only names 11 players, that leaves a lot of top English players that didn't come from those academies.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You've only names 11 players, that leaves a lot of top English players that didn't come from those academies.

How many "top" can you have? This is getting silly. I left out Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard as exceptions to the rule.

I'd say 6 academies for pretty much all of the English players of the last 10-15 years you could call great is still a "select few".

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Nice try bobbybullshite, every footballer these days will fall over very easily if they think it will get them an advantage, including all of your weed players and that's just how football is these days. Don't pretend that weed players are different, cms would dive and Buckley does ( check his dive at Selhurst last year)

Sorry that was a bit OTT, I do not agree that 'every footballer will fall over easily' There are some yes, and I am sure we have some incidents, Barnes does I know, but not all players. CMS is not a diver, quite an honest player in my view. Buckley in my view did dive at Selhurst last year, but will a Palace fan ever admit that Zaha does dive?, refs know it now, all opposing teams know it, maybe Palace fans do know it, but do not like to own up? How can anyone say that he got a legimate pen against us last year, he cheated, like Buckley, not right in my book, either player.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
No idea - but it's definitely important enough for it to be one of the key points when discussing Zaha vs Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Bridge? Surely you're taking the piss? Anyone would rather have Clyne come from their academy than Wayne f*cking Bridge.

Also your refusal to accept Moses as a talent despite being signed for £10m by Chelsea is hilarious. Walcott is quicker than Victor, but is an inferior player in most other departments and overall.

Zaha will have a better career than most on that list. We can't pretend we've produced anyone like Fat Frank or Beckham, but Zaha could easily outshine Johnson, Defoe, Bridge, Walcott, Carrick, Cole etc.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Do these Nigel's not realize we are laughing at them? And speaking of academy's, cant wait for our's to be built. Another thing that will be better than the Nigel's.

EDIT: How's Zaha's hamstring strain? You will be fu8ked with out him. Always said you are a one player club.

Nigels? Do you support Millwall? I can appreciate the joke if you are, but Brighton fans really aren't in a position to talk about being a Nigel. Bloody Quentins.

Zaha is 50/50 for tomorrow. As for a 1 man team, we really, really aren't. Jon Williams has been forced onto the bench this season, if Zaha is injured then he'll start and will probably win the game for us.

As for laughing at us... Nobody in the Championship is laughing at us at the moment. Comfortably top of the form table with 3 consecutive wins against the best teams in the league. Meanwhile, you're scraping draws at home to Ipswich.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As for laughing at us... Nobody in the Championship is laughing at us at the moment.

You've missed every other club pissing themselves at your 'games makers' then? No matter how well your team is doing, and no one can deny they've played really well for the last month, there's always something to laugh at Crystal Palace about.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blimey can we lock this now definitiom of insanity is same thing over and over again and expectimg a different result. Anyway as it stands i would take zaha williams and ffs murray 2morow if we could.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports