Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Zaha is utter crap - a lot of fuss over nothing. If he is worth 10 billion and as good as you all say then why is he not playing for the big clubs.

You keep fooling yourselves that he is so good. :ffsparr:

and you are fooling yourself if you think he isnt..NO ONE EVER said 10 billion, you should learn to read

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Seems this thread saves NSC having one of those stupid "Away Sections" which inferior forums have because they are too precious to have nasty fans from other clubs diluting their love ins.

Zaha is utter crap - a lot of fuss over nothing. If he is worth 10 billion and as good as you all say then why is he not playing for the big clubs.

You keep fooling yourselves that he is so good. :ffsparr:

Because only one Prem side showed real interest (Wigan) and they rated him at £3m and were not prepared to increase their offer. When he goes it will be for not much more.

Something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it - so at moment he is a £3m rated player.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
very apt name BOZO !! we were trying to buy McCormack at the time, you are NOT trying to buy Zaha you just wish you were !!

But the funny thing was , from the outset you weren't anywhere close to signing him but CPFC2010 suggested otherwise and in the end made to look like muppets. My source in Yorkshire told me he wouldn't be signing for Palace a good 4 weeks before DF and SP were forced to officially confirm that Ross wasn't heading for South London.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Didnt mean you as in Triggarr, meant you as in you weed fans, seems like many think Buckley is better...ask Bobbysmith who regularly pollutes the Palace forums, he doesnt even think Zaha would get in the Weed team.....

Wot me ?, someone must be using the great mans name, but I did not even know they had internet in Croydon ?
My view for what it is worth, is based on the few times I have seen him play, that he is a good player with loads of potential, he is worth what people will pay for him, if someone pays 10 million, then lucky old Palace I would say. Is he better than Buckley?, very different players, think Buckley is faster and more direct and will score and create more goals, but as Zaha is getting a reputation, he will get doubled up on and that will create more space for others and and he is a diver.

Now can you please tell that Bobby Smith on the Palace board, that there is only one BS, what is the URL of the Palace board, sounds like fun.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the fact that this thread has 103 pages shows one clear thing: ENVY. Envy that we have a player of this class in our X1. Simples :O

This:
I stopped reading and taking you serious at this point.

There are hundreds of players that are better than any Palace player, but do you spend every waking hour being envious of them? It doesn't work like that. We have the better squad, better ground, better fans, better prospects. It would be difficult to be envious of you.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I stopped reading and taking you serious at this point.

Zaha is an amazing talent and we are so lucky to have him, the fact that this thread has 103 pages shows one clear thing: ENVY. Envy that we have a player of this class in our X1. Simples :O

It's not been a thread solely about Zaha - it's served a very useful purpose of keeping a lot of the bitching between Palace and Brighton fans isolated to one place rather than multiple threads which gets rather irritating

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's not been a thread solely about Zaha - it's served a very useful purpose of keeping a lot of the bitching between Palace and Brighton fans isolated to one place rather than multiple threads which gets rather irritating

SHHHHH! I don't think they had worked that out. :nono:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Also read Cardiff/wolves/sheff wed boards you will see zaha is unplayable according to them, Bruno won't know which way is up when wilf has finished with him.

I think I've come a bit late to this debate, but never mind.

I went to Wolves/Palace this week. I know this is only one match, and everyone has good days and bad days. Zaha was good on Tuesday evening, but I didn't think he was amazing. In fact, the young Wolves winger (Zako?) was the outstanding wide-man - if only Wolves had a Stephen Fletcher to head in his crosses!

I'm going to try to be as fair as I can.

Zaha scored two very good goals. Both goals came from nothing, he created space that wasn't there, and he scored. Twice. But, he didn't contribute much more to the overall game aside from the goals. I guess this can be seen as a sign of quality - he had a quiet game and still scored two.

Like I said, perhaps he was having an off day, but based on Tuesday's match alone my impression of Zaha was that he was lethal in front of goal - just a tiny glimpse was enough for him to create the space and score. Otherwise, he was quiet. He certainly didn't get the opportunity to run at the Wolves full backs. Interestingly, I thought Palace tended to try and play the ball through the middle on Tuesday - which might have been why (goals aside) he didn't stand out - he wasn't given enough of the ball to show his talent.

Anyway, I thought I would try and be fair, but write down my thoughts based on one match only.

I went to Wolves/Palace this week. I know this is only one match, and everyone has good days and bad days. Zaha was good on Tuesday evening, but I didn't think he was amazing. In fact, the young Wolves winger (Zako?) was the outstanding wide-man - if only Wolves had a Stephen Fletcher to head in his crosses!

Zaha scored two very good goals. Both goals came from nothing, he created space that wasn't there, and he scored. Twice. But, he didn't contribute much more to the overall game aside from the goals. I guess this can be seen as a sign of quality - he had a quiet game and still scored two.

Like I said, perhaps he was having an off day, but based on Tuesday's match alone my impression of Zaha was that he was lethal in front of goal - just a tiny glimpse was enough for him to create the space and score. Otherwise, he was quiet. He certainly didn't get the opportunity to run at the Wolves full backs. Interestingly, I thought Palace tended to try and play the ball through the middle on Tuesday - which might have been why (goals aside) he didn't stand out - he wasn't given enough of the ball to show his talent.

Anyway, I thought I would try and be fair, but write down my thoughts based on one match only.

How many Palace there ? :whistle:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

See that's what I've been critical of him in the past for not being - clinical. Everytime I've seen him he's been tricks and flicks but nothing of any real use or end substance. If he's starting to get that then that's great for him and Palace. Think they may be his first goals of the season though, and I've not seen him setting too many other goals up, other than stumbling in penalty areas to 'win' penalties.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
This:

There are hundreds of players that are better than any Palace player, but do you spend every waking hour being envious of them? It doesn't work like that. We have the better squad, better ground, better fans, better prospects. It would be difficult to be envious of you.

No I don't spend every hour being jealous of hundreds of players that are better than ours and nor do I expect you to about Brighton's. My point, which as per usual you have chosen to miss, was that this particular player plays for your most hated rivals and so it must be a bit harrowing for you lot seeing him tearing up the league week in week out. If you haven't seen him and don't believe me go on the forums of most of the teams that we have played this season and type Zaha into the search box.

In regards to your points about stadium, squad, fans and potential:

Stadium: yes
Fans: you have more plastic one's, that's it. Ours make better atmosphere and you know it.
Squad: we won't know that till the end of the season. But on paper our start has been much harder and we are only a point behind you.
Potential: Pretty level i'd say. In fact, we have a bigger catchment area than you therefore our potential is actually bigger than yours to become a bigger club IMO.

Last edited:

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Fans: you have more plastic one's, that's it. Ours make better atmosphere and you know it.
Squad: we won't know that till the end of the season. But on paper our start has been much harder and we are only a point behind you.
Potential: Pretty level i'd say. In fact, we have a bigger catchment area than you therefore our potential is actually bigger than yours to become a bigger club IMO.

LOL

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The only thing missing from Wilfs game is goals, but it was interesting to read Strings assessment of his performance on Tuesday.By his standards, he had a quiet game, but turned the game on its head with 2 great goals, made out of nothing. This shows he has got that ability, even on an "off" day.
I don't know how long he'll be with us, hopefully till the end of the season, but it's been a pleasure seeing him grow and develope into a top championship player, and the sky's the limit for him .

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
A quiet game for Wilfried involves scoring two belters and getting fouled in the box (any competent referee would have given a penalty and a red card to Sako)?

That'll do. I hope he's quiet more often.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Wot me ?, someone must be using the great mans name, but I did not even know they had internet in Croydon ?
My view for what it is worth, is based on the few times I have seen him play, that he is a good player with loads of potential, he is worth what people will pay for him, if someone pays 10 million, then lucky old Palace I would say. Is he better than Buckley?, very different players, think Buckley is faster and more direct and will score and create more goals, but as Zaha is getting a reputation, he will get doubled up on and that will create more space for others and and he is a diver.

Now can you please tell that Bobby Smith on the Palace board, that there is only one BS, what is the URL of the Palace board, sounds like fun.

Nice try bobbybullshite, every footballer these days will fall over very easily if they think it will get them an advantage, including all of your weed players and that's just how football is these days. Don't pretend that weed players are different, cms would dive and Buckley does ( check his dive at Selhurst last year)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No I don't spend every hour being jealous of hundreds of players that are better than ours and nor do I expect you to about Brighton's. My point, which as per usual you have chosen to miss
I never choose to miss your point, you're just adept at covering it in a pile of bullshit.
was that this particular player plays for your most hated rivals and so it must be a bit harrowing for you lot seeing him tearing up the league week in week out.
Harrowing? Tearing up? If he was tearing up the league week in and week out, then you'd be at least 3 points clear after 9 games. As it is, you're seventh. Neither Palace, nor your messiah, are tearing up the league. You haven't won a single game by more than one goal.

Denial. I went to Selhurst when you played your main rivals, and I didn't hear a peep out of you.
A couple of weeks ago, one of the Palace fans on here argued that your best 11 was better than ours, but that we had the better squad and would probably finish higher. You disagree, no problem.
So you have a bigger catchment area, and should be bigger, but you're not, which makes it more embarrassing for you. We're bringing in more money and investing it. It's difficult to see your medium term potential as high as ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports