Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Palace have played the same amount of games as us, and are behind us, so I don't need to clutch straws. I pointed out that your loftie position of 6th was only because Blackburn hadn't played yet, and oh look, I was right. You're 7th. You have got easier games coming up, but we know anyone can beat anyone in this league, so we'll have to wait and see. It's early days, and Palace are doing better than most Palace fans expected.
OK 7th equal points....clutching at straws
I disagree about the glasses, but some on here wear glasses of death, so compared to them I'm high.

He's a she.
Fans are daft like that. Win a couple of games and they think you're unbeatable, fail to win a couple and they want the manager out. We were also missing our main striker and Bruno for those games (plus some others, like Croft, Orlandi and long term absentee Vicente). Do you not think Palace will drop points this season against teams that you think you should be beating?
I'm sure we will, that's football
I was there, we weren't lucky to get a point.
Your fellow weeds(some of them) disagree
Yes, but that's why you pay for a good keeper. Equally, if we'd scored first we'd have won. We had m
ost of the play and most of the chances. We didn't do well enough in the final third to deserve the victory, but we didn't deserve to lose either.

I wasn't forgetting Birmingham, I was just correcting you on a point you made about lucky draws.
I said losing and drawing, Birmingham lose, Ipswich draw, so correct
It wasn't our first league defeat that season. It wasn't our first defeat at the Amex, it was our third. So it was our first league defeat at the Amex - I can honestly say, hand on heart, I don't care about that one little bit. I care about losing against Palace, I'd always rather not lose against Palace, but that effort of a claim to fame is just non existent. Ask any neutral about what stats matter when they start at a new ground and it would be something like 'first competitive game' or 'first competitive league game'. That's it. We'd already played 8 games there and lost 2 before you came. It means nothing, sorry :shrug:
Oh but you do care, it means a lot , it hurts that it was us
Anyway that's all for now, goodnight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
However you dress it up, the 1-3 at am ex WAS your first league home Championship defeat there...and it hurts you all even more because it was Palace and Murray that won the game!!
Sorry, nope.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Murray didnt win that game. Im afraid as soon as you equalised there was only gonna me one winner and it wasnt us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ok if thats how you see it...it was just another defeat?? yeah right
Yes, right, seriously. It was a defeat against Palace. Never good, but no worse than any of the other defeats against Palace. I was jumping for joy when we scored, annoyed at the way we were playing in the second half, and fed up with how we through it away. But when I left the stadium and waited outside to meet mates I wasn't even that down. I was stood there thinking wow, I can't believe we've finally got this place (my comments from a year ago will be on this board). The game was annoying, but I'm not new to football and it was only one game, whereas our new ground was there to stay.

.....but seriously 103 pages now??? on this thread about someone you dont rate...mmmm!!
You seem to have a problem with facts. Where did I say I didn't rate him? Has any Brighton fan seriously said they don't rate him at all (if so, it'd be a weird one off, and more likely a fishing trip).

Not that I can see a problem with a long thread about one of your players, but half of the posts are from Palace fans anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not forgotten, did you forget 5 -0 at Selhurst?? However you dress it up, the 1-3 at am ex WAS your first league home Championship defeat there...and it hurts you all even more because it was Palace and Murray that won the game!!

I can completely understand how, as a Palace fan, inflicting the first league defeat on us at the Amex might be special.

Unfortunately for you, that doesn't translate to hurt on the other side of the fence. Sure, it was truly horrible to lose that game, but that was because it was a loss to Palace - that's never going to be pleasant. That we tore you apart in the first 20 minutes and looked like we were going to run up a cricket score, only added to that. There seemed to be at least 2 divisions between the teams in the opening 20 minutes and how we only scored 1 will forever be a mystery.

Sorry, but that's how it is for me, and those I know. Not that it's discussed - as I say - it's a non-story over here.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
I can completely understand how, as a Palace fan, inflicting the first league defeat on us at the Amex might be special.

Unfortunately for you, that doesn't translate to hurt on the other side of the fence. Sure, it was truly horrible to lose that game, but that was because it was a loss to Palace - that's never going to be pleasant. That we tore you apart in the first 20 minutes and looked like we were going to run up a cricket score, only added to that. There seemed to be at least 2 divisions between the teams in the opening 20 minutes and how we only scored 1 will forever be a mystery.

Sorry, but that's how it is for me, and those I know. Not that it's discussed - as I say - it's a non-story over here.

well that seems to be a recurring theme on here...tore us apart, scored 1..hahah .As you lot are fond of saying its the result that counts, not the 20 minutes or so when you were on top.... Seemed to be 2 divisions between us hahah...thats how its been for the last few years hasnt it?? now you are in the same division, well you finished above us last year..well done... 1 point in front this year..well done again..lets see how the season goes shall we? You seem to be saying that if you were to beat us this year (possible but unlikely) you and all the others on here wouldnt be crowing from the rooftops,as its only another win albeit against Palace, just another win..... Anyway Im bored with all this now so au revoir mes amis, a bientot !!!

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Yes, right, seriously. It was a defeat against Palace. Never good, but no worse than any of the other defeats against Palace. I was jumping for joy when we scored, annoyed at the way we were playing in the second half, and fed up with how we through it away. But when I left the stadium and waited outside to meet mates I wasn't even that down. I was stood there thinking wow, I can't believe we've finally got this place (my comments from a year ago will be on this board). The game was annoying, but I'm not new to football and it was only one game, whereas our new ground was there to stay.

You seem to have a problem with facts. Where did I say I didn't rate him? Has any Brighton fan seriously said they don't rate him at all (if so, it'd be a weird one off, and more likely a fishing trip).

Not that I can see a problem with a long thread about one of your players, but half of the posts are from Palace fans anyway.

Didnt mean you as in Triggarr, meant you as in you weed fans, seems like many think Buckley is better...ask Bobbysmith who regularly pollutes the Palace forums, he doesnt even think Zaha would get in the Weed team.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didnt mean you as in Triggarr, meant you as in you weed fans, seems like many think Buckley is better...ask Bobbysmith who regularly pollutes the Palace forums, he doesnt even think Zaha would get in the Weed team.....
And no doubt we could find a Palace fan that thinks none of our players would get in your team. You can't have a serious conversation and cherry pick the most stupid comments the opposing fans have said to back up your argument. Re Zaha and Buckley, it depends what question you ask. I saw both a fair bit last year, and I think Buckley did better (and the stats of assists/goals per minute back that up). But this time last year Zaha was only 18, which is just the beginning for him. A year on and it looks like Zaha is off to a flyer. In another year he'll be even better.

I don't think many Brighton fans think Buckley will be better than Zaha in 2 years time, but no doubt a lot of us think he was better last year.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Zaha would walk into our team at the moment butwhat bobbysmith says I couldnt give a monkeys. Clearly he is on a wind up.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
And no doubt we could find a Palace fan that thinks none of our players would get in your team. You can't have a serious conversation and cherry pick the most stupid comments the opposing fans have said to back up your argument. Re Zaha and Buckley, it depends what question you ask. I saw both a fair bit last year, and I think Buckley did better (and the stats of assists/goals per minute back that up). But this time last year Zaha was only 18, which is just the beginning for him. A year on and it looks like Zaha is off to a flyer. In another year he'll be even better.

I don't think many Brighton fans think Buckley will be better than Zaha in 2 years time, but no doubt a lot of us think he was better last year.

so who of your superstars would get in our team?? you seem to have watched us a lot recently so which players???

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Zaha is utter crap - a lot of fuss over nothing. If he is worth 10 billion and as good as you all say then why is he not playing for the big clubs.

You keep fooling yourselves that he is so good. :ffsparr:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
so who of your superstars would get in our team?? you seem to have watched us a lot recently so which players???
I've only seen you once this season, about 6 times last season.
I'd think Bruno, Bridge and CMS would be easy picks, as would Vicente if he was fit, probably Crofts too. I'd expect Kuszczak to be picked over Speroni, but I'm sure you'll disagree on principle. The rest could be argued about and would depend on how the team was set-up.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Zaha is utter crap

I stopped reading and taking you serious at this point.

Zaha is an amazing talent and we are so lucky to have him, the fact that this thread has 103 pages shows one clear thing: ENVY. Envy that we have a player of this class in our X1. Simples :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here