Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We're above you.
We're above you, same as last season. If you go above us, we'll try and turn it around, but you're not there yet.
You're only in 6th because Blackburn have played a game less.

Still, Palace are on a great run, it's going to be a competitive season. Zaha had an excellent game today, although he caught the ball for his second goal, which shouldn't have been given.

You have just completley contradicted yourself in this post. You say (correctly) that you are still above us when the Palace fan predicted that we will be above you based on the next games, (as our run appears easier on paper). You then say we are only 6th because Blackburn have played a game less! There's no certainty that they will win or even draw that game so at this stage we are 6th on merit and you're just making assumptions.

I think you have gone mad Triggaar if i'm honest. All the desperate efforts in the past month or so to convince yourself that Wilf is nothing special and that Buckley is a better player have finally caught up with you. It must really hurt seeing a Palace team that most of you had down for relegation, playing so well and dispatching the top sides in this division whilst you struggle once up against anyone half decent :wozza:

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But we are winning against good teams, whereas you are losing and drawing(luckily) against teams you should be beating
Apart from Cardiff (who presumably aren't in your 'teams you should be beating' category), we've only drawn against Ipswich and it obviously wasn't lucky. You're trolling.
Norwood CPFC - You have hit the nail right on the head.
Hardly, it's a discussion forum and we like to discuss these things.
Deep down they know he is a great prospect but cannot bring themselves to admit it.
That's not true, it's simply that at the start of the thread Palace fans were saying he'd go to a top 4 club for £10m, so it's understandable Brighton fans were pointing out the lack of top bids. If he continues as he's started this season, maybe he will get a big money transfer.
In all seriousness BHA fans he is a frightening talent, you probably only get to see the snippets on Saturday nights but trust me he is good.
I've seen him play at least 7 full games, it's not like we've never seen him. And I agree, he is a talent. While I thought he was decent last year, he wasn't setting the world alight, but a year on he should be better and perhaps he will be a worthy of the praise heaped on him by your fans.

I cannot make a judgement on these players you compare to Zaha like Buckley and this chap Bruno as to be fair I have not seen enough of them.
That sets you apart from the other Palace fans on this thread, who are quite happy to talk about Bruno without ever seeing him.
I will put it to you though as 101 pages will tell me you have watched Zaha plenty hand on heart Zaha or Buckley and this should end the argument?
Zaha.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Oh you're only sixth because of blackburn was your post, I just misquoted you, sorry if its to difficult for you to understand
Try asking your 5 year old to explain things to you
Bye for now
Also read Cardiff/wolves/sheff wed boards you will see zaha is unplayable according to them, Bruno won't know which way is up when wilf has finished with him.

You forgot the Forest, Charlton and Bolton boards :clap:

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
Just had a butchers only Wikipedia I know but Bruno seems a bit of a journeyman. 31 years old and the Valencia stint apart cant say his previous clubs are particularly impressive. Must be decent though as a lot of BHA rate him very highly. To be fair La Liga to Championship is a big drop in class

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You have just completley contradicted yourself in this post.
No I haven't. No one statement contradicts another.
All the desperate efforts in the past month or so to convince yourself that Wilf is nothing special and that Buckley is a better player have finally caught up with you.
I never said that. I think Buckley performed at least as well as Zaha when on the pitch last year. But Zaha is younger, and should be getting better, so this year is likely to be different.
It must really hurt seeing a Palace team that most of you had down for relegation, playing so well and dispatching the top sides in this division whilst you struggle once up against anyone half decent
For 14 years I watched us play without our own ground, and therefore without the gate receipts to invest in players, so without hope. Now I get to watch us with 26 thousand other fans at an amazing stadium at the top end of the Championship, and you think it hurts to see Palace just a bit behind us? You have no idea do you. And the fact you think you can easily dispatch top sides while we struggle is laughable.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Apart from Cardiff (who presumably aren't in your 'teams you should be beating' category), we've only drawn against Ipswich and it obviously wasn't lucky. You're trolling.
Hardly, it's a discussion forum and we like to discuss these things.
That's not true, it's simply that at the start of the thread Palace fans were saying he'd go to a top 4 club for £10m, so it's understandable Brighton fans were pointing out the lack of top bids. If he continues as he's started this season, maybe he will get a big money transfer.
I've seen him play at least 7 full games, it's not like we've never seen him. And I agree, he is a talent. While I thought he was decent last year, he wasn't setting the world alight, but a year on he should be better and perhaps he will be a worthy of the praise heaped on him by your fans.

That sets you apart from the other Palace fans on this thread, who are quite happy to talk about Bruno without ever seeing him.
Zaha.

according to your own board, it should have been 0 - 2 therefore LUCKY
forgotten losing to Birmingham have you ?? 0 - 1 wasn't it???
other than that I haven't a clue what you are talking about

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
according to your own board, it should have been 0 - 2 therefore LUCKY
The loss to Birmingham isn't relevant to my point, you said 'drawing(luckily) against teams you should be beating' and our draw against Ipswich simply wasn't lucky, and you won't find a proper match report that says it was.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I like the way Zaha controlled the ball with his arm from the long cross before scoring the second goal , once a cheater , always a cheater.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was hacked down 6 yards out and had the blatant penalty turned down, should have been a spotkick and a red card according to SSN.

Oh well. These things will happen more and more, the stronger Wilf's reputation as a cheat grows. Shame.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
No I haven't. No one statement contradicts another.
I never said that. I think Buckley performed at least as well as Zaha when on the pitch last year. But Zaha is younger, and should be getting better, so this year is likely to be different.
For 14 years I watched us play without our own ground, and therefore without the gate receipts to invest in players, so without hope. Now I get to watch us with 26 thousand other fans at an amazing stadium at the top end of the Championship, and you think it hurts to see Palace just a bit behind us? You have no idea do you. And the fact you think you can easily dispatch top sides while we struggle is laughable.

Of course you contradicted yourself, one minute you're saying we can't talk hypothetically and the next you're doing the same in regards to Blackburn leapfrogging us?!

Anyway, I'm glad you have finally admitted that Wilf is a very good player and better than Buckley, a lot of the time I feel you wear your BHAFC Rose tinted spectacles way to much more than most. But I'm not gonna have a dig at you anymore, you're obviously BHA through and through and have been there through the shit Weathdean years, I respect that as it must have been hard. It's fans like you that deserve to witness the better years that you are enjoying now, I would rather talk to you than a plastic any day of the week.

Last edited:

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
The loss to Birmingham isn't relevant to my point, you said 'drawing(luckily) against teams you should be beating' and our draw against Ipswich simply wasn't lucky, and you won't find a proper match report that says it was.

ok Trig, put your 5 year old on here, he probably would talk more sense than you
I said losing and drawing {luckily} against teams you should beat...now on the big board, plenty of people stated 'get your money on weeds to hammer birmingham' easy money..go check it out if you like (yeah a few showed caution) and same again for Ipswich game...I couldn't be bothered to even look at a 'proper match report for a weed game (unless it was Brighton 1 3 Palace of course) but your own fans on the big board reckon it was lucky..if the pole in the goal (like that by the way, quite catchy) hadnt saved you at 1 -0 then you would have been in the deep brown doodoo, and I took that at face value, maybe wrong I wasn't there obviously
But hey Trig if it suits your argument to forget losses, well thats ok too, bet you've been trying to forget the 1 -3 at amex...first league defeat !! will always be in your history
oh and I agree with fivezero about 'talking ' to you rather than a plastic, at least you are a proper fan !!!

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
ok Trig, put your 5 year old on here, he probably would talk more sense than you
I said losing and drawing {luckily} against teams you should beat...now on the big board, plenty of people stated 'get your money on weeds to hammer birmingham' easy money..go check it out if you like (yeah a few showed caution) and same again for Ipswich game...I couldn't be bothered to even look at a 'proper match report for a weed game (unless it was Brighton 1 3 Palace of course) but your own fans on the big board reckon it was lucky..if the pole in the goal (like that by the way, quite catchy) hadnt saved you at 1 -0 then you would have been in the deep brown doodoo, and I took that at face value, maybe wrong I wasn't there obviously
But hey Trig if it suits your argument to forget losses, well thats ok too, bet you've been trying to forget the 1 -3 at amex...first league defeat !! will always be in your history
oh and I agree with fivezero about 'talking ' to you rather than a plastic, at least you are a proper fan !!!
You keep on about forgetting losses...and yet you forget when we beat you 3-0 at Selhurst and 5-0 at the Goldstone...think you have selective viewing syndrome.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its fair to say zaha is an excellent player but yes he is a diver and as proved against wolves he now has a rep. Still ot didnt stop him bagging two excellent goals. Shame he plays for THEM.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course you contradicted yourself, one minute you're saying we can't talk hypothetically and the next you're doing the same in regards to Blackburn leapfrogging us?!
Palace have played the same amount of games as us, and are behind us, so I don't need to clutch straws. I pointed out that your loftie position of 6th was only because Blackburn hadn't played yet, and oh look, I was right. You're 7th. You have got easier games coming up, but we know anyone can beat anyone in this league, so we'll have to wait and see. It's early days, and Palace are doing better than most Palace fans expected.

Anyway, I'm glad you have finally admitted that Wilf is a very good player and better than Buckley, a lot of the time I feel you wear your BHAFC Rose tinted spectacles way to much more than most.
I disagree about the glasses, but some on here wear glasses of death, so compared to them I'm high.

He's a she.
I said losing and drawing {luckily} against teams you should beat...now on the big board, plenty of people stated 'get your money on weeds to hammer birmingham' easy money
Fans are daft like that. Win a couple of games and they think you're unbeatable, fail to win a couple and they want the manager out. We were also missing our main striker and Bruno for those games (plus some others, like Croft, Orlandi and long term absentee Vicente). Do you not think Palace will drop points this season against teams that you think you should be beating?

I couldn't be bothered to even look at a 'proper match report for a weed game (unless it was Brighton 1 3 Palace of course) but your own fans on the big board reckon it was lucky
I was there, we weren't lucky to get a point.
..if the pole in the goal (like that by the way, quite catchy) hadnt saved you at 1 -0 then you would have been in the deep brown doodoo
Yes, but that's why you pay for a good keeper. Equally, if we'd scored first we'd have won. We had most of the play and most of the chances. We didn't do well enough in the final third to deserve the victory, but we didn't deserve to lose either.

But hey Trig if it suits your argument to forget losses, well thats ok too
I wasn't forgetting Birmingham, I was just correcting you on a point you made about lucky draws.
bet you've been trying to forget the 1 -3 at amex...first league defeat !! will always be in your history
It wasn't our first league defeat that season. It wasn't our first defeat at the Amex, it was our third. So it was our first league defeat at the Amex - I can honestly say, hand on heart, I don't care about that one little bit. I care about losing against Palace, I'd always rather not lose against Palace, but that effort of a claim to fame is just non existent. Ask any neutral about what stats matter when they start at a new ground and it would be something like 'first competitive game' or 'first competitive league game'. That's it. We'd already played 8 games there and lost 2 before you came. It means nothing, sorry :shrug:

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
You keep on about forgetting losses...and yet you forget when we beat you 3-0 at Selhurst and 5-0 at the Goldstone...think you have selective viewing syndrome.

Not forgotten, did you forget 5 -0 at Selhurst?? However you dress it up, the 1-3 at am ex WAS your first league home Championship defeat there...and it hurts you all even more because it was Palace and Murray that won the game!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports