Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Bruno put in a much better performance on Friday than I've ever seen Zaha give. 2 assists and could have been more, class on the ball, tricks and flicks but all with a purpose and a result. His first assist was amazing skill and close control to make a twat out the defender, before picking the perfect ball for CMS to slot home. His second, sublime vision and a perfect diagonal through ball from the half way line, that was expertly finished by Buckley.

And he's a right back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bruno put in a much better performance on Friday than I've ever seen Zaha give.
Bruno is brilliant, but he's 31 and not going to get better, whereas Zaha is only 19. Sure he's no Rooney or Owen, but he could still go on to be an excellent player. And thanks to this thread, it's now a dead cert that he will ruin our day in December.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Bruno is brilliant, but he's 31 and not going to get better, whereas Zaha is only 19. Sure he's no Rooney or Owen, but he could still go on to be an excellent player. And thanks to this thread, it's now a dead cert that he will ruin our day in December.

Oh Zaha is worth more than Bruno because of age for sure. But in current talent, you could easily make a case for Bruno being just as effective going forward as Zaha, even though he is a fullback. Even Buckley has a goal now, despite him only making his first start. Zaha has potential, but I still haven't seen much actual product yet, just lots of tricks and flicks. I didn't see the Charlton Palace game on Friday though, however there wasn't much of him in the highlights.

3 assists in 2 games for Bruno now

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh Zaha is worth more than Bruno because of age for sure. But in current talent, you could easily make a case for Bruno being just as effective going forward as Zaha, even though he is a fullback.
Oh I see, yes indeed.
Even Buckley has a goal now, despite him only making his first start. Zaha has potential, but I still haven't seen much actual product yet, just lots of tricks and flicks.
I thought Buckley played better than Zaha last season (for some perverse reason I saw Zaha play quite a bit last season), but I assume Zaha will be better in the future. At the moment though his aim is to get a penalty. An assist or goal is secondary.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I dont get the whole has he scored has he got an assist thing, watching him Friday night the kid has bags of class and skill. The amount of killer balls he put in the box he could have had a handful of assists they just need a player to get on the end of it.

I hate Palace but imo Zaha looks a class player, but as stated he needs to move soon or he will stagnate in that squad

I think he is a very good player, one who is going to be playing for a decent Premiership team, but over rated at the moment. With the scoring thing, he is their leading shot taker he has taken 12 shots in all competitions and scored none Tom Ince has taken 19 shots and scored 5. The assist thing is to do with the players around him, but is important, as someone said would Ronaldo be as highly thought of if he wasn't scoring? We also just have to look at Craig Noone, he can beat players with ease at this level and excite the crowd (sounds like Zaha to me, although Zaha is better and younger), but we all believe he was won't miss him that much because of the end product.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Now Tom Ince is a player worthy of being touted around for big money. So much better than Zaha.

Ince - 38 games for Blackpool - 11 goals
Zaha - 89 games for Palace - 7 goals

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I've said it once and I'll say it again, Nathan Redmond is better than Zaha.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This is the bit where you're meant to explain why Zaha is different to every single previous "amazing" academy product who all went to lower Prem teams for low fees.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
This is the bit where you're meant to explain why Zaha is different to every single previous "amazing" academy product who all went to lower Prem teams for low fees.

Which ones are those?

Can only think of Moses, who was sold for a pitiful £3m due to our administration.

Edit: Love my avatar. Mockery of the socially inept is very classy. You lot were probably used to it at school :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds like Zaha had a good game today, and while he looked for the penalty (as that's his role), I'm not sure the ref was wrong this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports