Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think the player concerned is on the books at Chelsea but it is irrelevant because Dougie didn't think he was good enough to play for Palace.

I know money in football is generally mental and only getting worse, but 35k a week for a teenage reserve team player? Danny Welbeck just had to properly negotiate and get an England call-up to get north of 40k. I can only believe Lukaku might be on near that as he was signed for quite a big fee if I remember correctly, but anyone who's come through a youth team, even the Citeh's and Chelski's wouldn't pay that sort of moolah to.

All that aside, it goes without saying this player 'wasn't good enough' for Palace, I mean what player is, with their academy!?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Love reading the #cpfc page on Twitter right now. So many manic depressives saying it's embarrassing supporting Palace at the moment.

If only they shared Seasick's, no sorry Seaside's, delusions of grandeur then everything would be rosy

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Looks like CPFC2010 are about to get their resolve tested....... will be hilarious if he goes for £4m. Won't see a Palace fan on here for months!!

Reading transfer news: Wilfried Zaha of Crystal Palace is a £4m target - Mirror Online

From Palace to the Royals? Reading launch £4million bid for starlet Zaha

McDermott has been tracking the England U21 winger for months - but faces potential opposition from Swansea and a string of other clubs

Golden Eagle: Reading are one of many Prem clubs with Zaha in their sights
Reading boss Brian McDermott is making a deadline-beating £4million bid to sign Crystal Palace starlet Wilfried Zaha.

McDermott has been eyeing the exciting wideman ever since the Royals secured promotion to the Premier League in April - as MirrorFootball revealed at the time.

The Reading package tops a failed bid Bolton made for Zaha in January - and they could go further if needs be.

Cash-conscious Palace will look for around £8m for the 19-year-old, although a compromise figure of £6m is possible before the window closes on Friday night.

Zaha has also been watched by Newcastle, West Ham, Southampton and Everton although the collected scouts were shocked when he started on the bench in Palace's Capital One Cup loss to Preston on Tuesday.

Swansea have also made an enquiry about Zaha and are prepared to pay cash and hand over striker Leroy Lita on loan or as a makeweight.

Palace boss Dougie Freedman has lobbied hard to keep Zaha, a player he thinks will go on to play for the England senior side having already been capped at U21 level, at the Championship club.

However, Freedman may have to sell to bring in new faces of his own as the club’s bargain-basement policy has seen them lose their last four games in all competitions.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't see it happening. Manager must be hanging onto his job by a thin piece of string, and transfer deadline is tomorrow, so no-one to spend the money, unless they really are keeping the faith. Will lose a lot of fans, but £4m is a good amount for him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Zaha has also been watched by Newcastle, West Ham, Southampton and Everton although the collected scouts were shocked when he started on the bench in Palace's Capital One Cup loss to Preston on Tuesday.

Swansea have also made an enquiry about Zaha and are prepared to pay cash and hand over striker Leroy Lita on loan or as a makeweight.

Hang on, Hang on.

This can't be right. Where is 'Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United'??????!!!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
The Mirror article mentions that Readings offer of £4m "tops" Boltons offer back in January. I thought Seaside told us Bolton offered £7.5 million ?

Still £4m for a man that can't stand up is good value - I'd snap their hands off and payback those left in debt from the 2010 administration.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
WorldFootballWeekly ‏@WorldFBWeekly
#CrystalPalace's Wilfred Zaha is set for a move as bids from #ReadingFC and #Newcastle been accepted #RFC #NUFC #CPFC

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
WorldFootballWeekly ‏@WorldFBWeekly
#CrystalPalace's Wilfred Zaha is set for a move as bids from #ReadingFC and #Newcastle been accepted #RFC #NUFC #CPFC
Is that pretty reliable?

I wonder how much of it they'll spend.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is that pretty reliable?

I wonder how much of it they'll spend.

No idea.

Wonder how much they'll get. We've been reassured many times by Seaside (as recently as TODAY) that it will be for £10m+, NO question about that.

Definitely NOT £4m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here