Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I accept that Palace's have been a bit stupid on the financial side in recent years, but I HIGHLY doubt that we rejected a £7m bid in January to let him sign elsewhere for £4m a few months later?

FWIW, Steve Parish described Boltons offer in January as "absolutely nowhere near our valuation". Sorry to piss on your chips, but you're getting excited about lazy journalism. The same paper linked him with a £10m move to Liverpool last month!

Edit- Just seen that this was a picture from THE SUN? Really people, come on...

I highly doubt this as well.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Guessing that would have been £2-3m up front and then the rest based on how he progresses. Sounds a pretty fair deal to me.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Guessing that would have been £2-3m up front and then the rest based on how he progresses. Sounds a pretty fair deal to me.

Sounds like a terrible deal to me. You couldn't buy a player as good as Wilf for anywhere near £2-3m. Nor could you buy a player with his potential for £5m.

If a Premiership team want to buy him, they will have to be prepared to reach the £10m mark.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Sounds like a terrible deal to me. You couldn't buy a player as good as Wilf for anywhere near £2-3m. Nor could you buy a player with his potential for £5m.

If a Premiership team want to buy him, they will have to be prepared to reach the £10m mark.

Of course you're going to value him higher as he's one of your players.

But on actual talent now - not potential, then he's not worth more than £2m. Add in a few £m in clauses and a sell on fee in case he does become amazing, and I think that's a fair deal. £10m is ludicrous for someone who hasn't learnt what to do with the ball once he's done his little tricks and beaten a player.

Buckley cost us £1m, and scored more goals than Zaha, Lua Lua less than that and he has a much better final ball

Last edited:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

I see. Are you one of the chaps who also told us Clyne was going for £3.5m and 'only to a top four club'?

Maybe, just maybe these youngsters aren't quite as good as you think they are... just a thought.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

No, they don't. Palace doesn't decide what the market values him at. If palace are saying £10m but clubs are only offering £5m then you won't sell him and eventually as his contract closes to an end you realise £10m isn't likely, you'll equilibrate to what the average demand is.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
have to feel sorry for the deluded palace fans, they also insist Ambrose was sold for 1 million when the sunday press all say it was 250k upfront.

On and off the pitch they are being fed a diet of shit and they swallow it up

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

In that case, how much would you value Buckley at? Bearing in mind he had a comfortably better and more effective season than Wilf.

I would put Zaha more in line with LuaLua - not as quick as Kaz but a LOT of raw talent but lacking decision making and final ball at times.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That was what I was expecting for Zamora, and look what happened there!

Quite. All depends on how much the club needs the money. Judging on the Ambrose sale, I can see CPFC going VERY quiet about the actual exact amount received UPFRONT for Zaha when he finally abandons the sinking ship.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
have to feel sorry for the deluded palace fans, they also insist Ambrose was sold for 1 million when the sunday press all say it was 250k upfront.

On and off the pitch they are being fed a diet of shit and they swallow it up

:cough: :cough: From an inside source - it wasn't actually as much as £250K "up front" - it's in installments :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:cough: :cough: From an inside source - it wasn't actually as much as £250K "up front" - it's in installments :lol:

If that is true I would be starting to get seriously worried as a CPFC fan - and start asking some questions.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Knew £7 million was bullshit. And yes they LAP up all the bullshit they get fed from the tin pot chairman - laughable!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think he would say it was £5m if it had been £7m. Do you?

I meant lying in the other direction, for example suggesting the bid was higher than it really was (rounding up 4.5m as 5m) or giving the highest possible total (Bolton offered 3m plus an extra 2m if they had stayed up), because he can see other clubs circling and is trying to bump up the price.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Knew £7 million was bullshit. And yes they LAP up all the bullshit they get fed from the tin pot chairman - laughable!

On the subject of the Chairmen I was just having a look (laugh) at the thread where they get to ask the board questions. There are some truly banal questions asked... however if TB was on here I am sure he'd get bombarded with all sorts on nonsense too!

Anyhow, in one post one of the owners says, "As I have said before, we'd have preferred it if someone else had bought Palace but there was no-one else so we did it and we're not complaining. It's a ridiculously expensive hobby but you can't take it with you so never mind."

Would be interested to hear from the normal Palace fans on here how this sits. If Bloom has said something similar I'd feel completely differently about The Albion...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here