Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK - I meant more supplying the initial outlay, I'm sure the intention is to break even going forward.

I assume all the loans for the ground etc are ring fenced should he go bust?

Genuine question: How many billionnaires go bust? I thought over a certain level it's pretty much impossible to stop making money via interest etc, if you get me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really? Have any ACTUAL plans been lodged for approval? Have budgets to pay for it been realised? Have the tenders for the work gone out to tender?

Define 'not far off'.

We were way further ahead of them, at the point when we still had to wait 12 years.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Genuine question: How many billionnaires go bust? I thought over a certain level it's pretty much impossible to stop making money via interest etc, if you get me.

I'm out of my depth when it comes to your finances tbh. I didn't know Bloom was worth that much. I guess my point was that you're dependent on the wealth of one man, as we were under Jordan. But it seems it's a considerably more wealthy and stable one man.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The owners are still backing us, we have spent money on Joel Ward already this summer, another highly rated youngster and we have him on a 4 deal.
Is that a mobile phone deal?
We may have to sell Zaha in a year or 2 but we can expect big money for him
So the club have said he will not be sold this summer?
A new or improved stadium is not far off and once that's in place I think we will go above you again.
The fact you say new or improved shows you have no idea. Maybe it'll be improved, maybe you'll go somewhere else, who knows. We knew we'd get somewhere else in 1996, but it was over 15 years before we got it. I don't expect you'll wait that long, but let's not pretend it's happening any time soon.
Also, plenty of bigger clubs than you have failed in this league and it will happen time and again. Money doesn't guarantee success, if it did then Leicester would have walked the league last year and look what happened.
Of course. We certainly can't guarantee getting promoted in the next few years, it'll be a tough challenge. So?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Why do the idiot palace posters insist on trying to have a dick waving competition on here? Honestly, they all said we would not hack it in the championship and we did, palace were on the recieving end of our care in the community efforts with the 4 points we gifted them and they're still not gracious enough to acknowledge it :lol:

Palace have got the past, we are the future :)

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Really? Have any ACTUAL plans been lodged for approval? Have budgets to pay for it been realised? Have the tenders for the work gone out to tender?

Define 'not far off'.

Within the next 5 years. Go read the thread on the BBS if you're that interested (which you clearly are)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm out of my depth when it comes to your finances tbh. I didn't know Bloom was worth that much. I guess my point was that you're dependent on the wealth of one man, as we were under Jordan. But it seems it's a considerably more wealthy and stable one man.

Fair points all. I do think the fact he comes from a line of Brighton board members holds for something as well. He's definitely it for the love of the club, compared to his own personal gain.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Within the next 5 years. Go read the thread on the BBS if your that interested (which you clearly are)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340380215.246304.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm out of my depth when it comes to your finances tbh. I didn't know Bloom was worth that much.
I think most of us are out of our depth there. We don't really know what he's worth, he keeps it quiet. If he's a billionaire it's news to me.
I guess my point was that you're dependent on the wealth of one man, as we were under Jordan. But it seems it's a considerably more wealthy and stable one man.
Due to the global economic problems, we couldn't have built the stadium without him, and we are in a much better position thanks to him. But with the ground paid for, we are not dependent on his wealth to continue, our club is bringing in enough money to fund our expenses. Your point is a fair one though, if he were to go bust (pass away etc) I would hope the ground is secure, but I don't know. It's really worth anything apart from as a football ground though, so it shouldn't matter too much.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I think most of us are out of our depth there. We don't really know what he's worth, he keeps it quiet. If he's a billionaire it's news to me.
Due to the global economic problems, we couldn't have built the stadium without him, and we are in a much better position thanks to him. But with the ground paid for, we are not dependent on his wealth to continue, our club is bringing in enough money to fund our expenses. Your point is a fair one though, if he were to go bust (pass away etc) I would hope the ground is secure, but I don't know. It's really worth anything apart from as a football ground though, so it shouldn't matter too much.

So the ground was paid for in cash by TB and is an asset for BHA going forward? Not fishing, just asking.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
It is that simple, what makes it difficult (for you) is accepting the inevitable :wave:

Just like it was it going to be so simple on 27/09/11 when we were expected to turn up and you have your glorious victory over us in your new shiny stadium. And look what happened.

I guess you live a sheltered life, maybe you even live at home still at 42? I'm afraid life doesn't always go to plan mate...

Jan 12, 2012
No he ISN'T. Where are Palace getting this from? An article came out just the other day titled "Bloom: Albion will never overspend during my time as chairman" and he has REPEATEDLY said the club will be self-sufficient.

A bit of a contradiction here.How can you say he isn't footing the bill ? Up to now, my understanding is he has self financed the whole process, from the Withdean debt ridden years, to the Amex, plus wages and transfer fees. I agree you are self sufficient now, but don't ignore the £120 mill plus he has pumped in to get you to this position. It was interesting reading your thread on Paul Barber about him bringing in outside investment, maybe TB has decided to stop using his own personal wealth ?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just like it was it going to be so simple on 27/09/11 when we were expected to turn up and you have your glorious victory over us in your new shiny stadium. And look what happened.

I guess you live a sheltered life, maybe you even live at home still at 42? I'm afraid life doesn't always go to plan mate...

As I recall it was your own fans that were bricking it regarding 27/9. Funny how even with the 3 points you took (deservedly on the night) we still finished 10 points and 7 places above you :lol:

You'll be using 27/9/11 for years to come no doubt as you love the past.

Sheltered life :lol: admittedly this is the only day of the year I have a drink, seeing as I've been caring for my disabled mrs for nearly 3 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here