Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you Mystic Meg?

Same level of psychic prediction skills that leads you lot to suggest that a couple of youth team players (can't be arsed to go back and look up their names) are going to be world beaters once Winifred and Williams are gone.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Add Murray leaving you for us and Garvan wanting to stay at us rather than join you and that tells me you're not anywhere near as high and mighty as you think you are. Outside of Brighton nobody sees you as anything special. Deluded bunch.

Yep, Kuszczak, Mackail-Smith and Vicente all had to be held at gun point to join us, such was their reluctance to sign contracts with us as opposed to the bigger clubs who were after them.

Murray left because you valued him higher than we did and gave him a bigger/longer contract, and there's now talk of him wanting out and he wasn't exactly a roaring success was he? Not sure what put Garvan off but can't say we really missed him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Same level of psychic prediction skills that leads you lot to suggest that a couple of youth team players (can't be arsed to go back and look up their names) are going to be world beaters once Winifred and Williams are gone.

England internationals Edna, not "worldbeaters".

Lets keep SOME perspective in this thread eh.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep, Kuszczak, Mackail-Smith and Vicente all had to be held at gun point to join us, such was their reluctance to sign contracts with us as opposed to the bigger clubs who were after them.

Murray left because you valued him higher than we did and gave him a bigger/longer contract, and there's now talk of him wanting out and he wasn't exactly a roaring success was he? Not sure what put Garvan off but can't say we really missed him

I'm DEVASTATED that utter shit like Kuszczak (Manchester United - Champs League, Prem) and Vicente (Valencia - Champs League finalist, International, UEFA Cup Finals) seem to find their way into our club somehow, while the real talent like Murray (Rochdale, Carlisle) and Garvan (Ipswich) just can't be tempted.

We must be REALLY unattractive from the outside as a club.

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
So what? I do not understand your point, we have been in the basement divisions for a long time.

As for being near our peak, it is not unreasonable to suggest we are nowhere near our peak as we have only just started putting forward the infrastructure to give us a chance of progressing. The fact is, even when we didn't have a pot to piss in we still paid our bills and some how managed to win two titles and a playoff. In that time you have gone into administration multiple times and just about managed to tread water. With all due respect, the longer you are stuck at your current cesspit of a ground you have zero chance of progressing any further than you are now. Even if you continue to produce academy players of value they will be long gone before they are of any use to you.

We on the other have a potentially exciting future ahead of us, funded by new money generated by bigger crowds, more lucrative commercial deals and possibly the most inebriated fan base in the country. We could of course screw it up, but at least for the moment we can dare to dream, whereas you have nothing but half-baked promises and the family silver to live off.

What an absolute load of bollox. If everything went according to that theory then you would never of seen teams like Watford, Blackpool, Burnley, Wigan, Pompey, Qpr, teams that have either shit grounds or fairly low fan bases, getting to the Prem in the last decade.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm DEVASTATED that utter shit like Kuszczak (Champs League, Prem) and Vicente (Champs League finalist, International, UEFA Cup Finals) seem to find their way into our club somehow, while the real talent like Murray (Rochdale, Carlisle) and Garvan (???) just can't be tempted.

We must be REALLY unattractive from the outside as a club.

Indeed. Something is clearly wrong with our recruiting process to let crap like that into the club whilst we miss out on proper big name signings like Owen Garvan

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What an absolute load of bollox. If everything went according to that theory then you would never of seen teams like Watford, Blackpool, Burnley, Wigan, Pompey, Qpr, teams that have either shit grounds or fairly low fan bases, getting to the Prem in the last decade.

Yes because nothing bad came from Pompey's attempts at glory. They definitely didn't overspend.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

That's based in what our academy manager thinks not some deluded fan with his BHA rose-tinted specs on.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But you often didn't sell out the Withdean?

Note to self: Never again reply to a post with a sentence resembling this. Have replied what seems like a hundred times but still the palace faithful are either on a wind-up or are too thick to get the reasons. There's none so deaf as those that won't hear.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's based in what our academy manager thinks not some deluded fan with his BHA rose-tinted specs on.

Yes, because why would it be in the academy manager's interest to talk up his products?

f*** me.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

£££

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Add Murray leaving you for us and Garvan wanting to stay at us rather than join you and that tells me you're not anywhere near as high and mighty as you think you are. Outside of Brighton nobody sees you as anything special. Deluded bunch.
It's all relative, we're not a big club, so no we're not special compared to many teams (obviously that doesn't include Palace).

Murray leaving us for you was not a sign of where we are going, it was a sign of who wanted to pay him more. You valued him at more than we did, and looking at his record with you, it looks like we were right.
Garvan choosing to stay with you may well have been due to loyalty, but we don't know what either (let alone both) clubs offered him. Relying on his choice of club last summer to show great you are is really scraping the barrel.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Riiiight....so the arguments changing again now is it? Previously it's that we're clearly not attractive to players, but....money is attractive to players no? I don't even buy that we simply throw money at players - every noise from Bloom and Poyet suggests quite the opposite, that we miss out on targets fairly often because we're not willing to break a tight wage structure - so even with your flawed point you still have managed to disagree with yourself about us being an attractive club to play for!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who has a website where we can put down money with all these Palace idiots on who will finish higher next season?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who has a website where we can put down money with all these Palace idiots on who will finish higher next season?

Considering their comments some of them must be willing to put their houses on it?

Or perhaps they'll be unlucky for an ENTIRE season yet AGAIN, what with injuries (like any other club) and having to play matches (like any other club).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here