Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This would be a lot easier, say, next week. Victor Moses is currently completing a move to Chelsea. Nathaniel Clyne, as I said, is currently deciding between Man United and Newcastle. Wilf would be playing for Newcastle if we accepted their offer (we didn't).

If I were a tinpot club that accepted crap bids for our best players, Clyne and Zaha would both have been playing at the top of the Premiership by now. As it stands, Clyne will be playing there next season. Zaha probably the season after.

To directly answer your question, there are no names to give you. To accurately answer your question, Moses and Clyne - in a few days time.

So none then.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Yeah but Easy, they beat us to AARON WILBRAHAM :cry: :cry: :cry:

Add Murray leaving you for us and Garvan wanting to stay at us rather than join you and that tells me you're not anywhere near as high and mighty as you think you are. Outside of Brighton nobody sees you as anything special. Deluded bunch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Add Murray and Garvan wanting to stay at us rather than join you and that tells me you're not anywhere near as high and mighty as you think you are. Outside of Brighton nobody sees you as anything special. Deluded bunch.

We're the deluded ones yet one of your lot just suggested that it was "debatable" who did better LEAGUE POSITION wise last season? Amazing.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You utter fool. How can you say we are at our peak when nobody knows what we can achieve? And the bit about a top 6 first 11....please!!!

You may or may not be at your peak. What's certain is, most of the fans going to the Amex have never seen your club play at a higher level than where you are at the moment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This would be a lot easier, say, next week. Victor Moses is currently completing a move to Chelsea. Nathaniel Clyne, as I said, is currently deciding between Man United and Newcastle. Wilf would be playing for Newcastle if we accepted their offer (we didn't).

If I were a tinpot club that accepted crap bids for our best players, Clyne and Zaha would both have been playing at the top of the Premiership by now. As it stands, Clyne will be playing there next season. Zaha probably the season after.

To directly answer your question, there are no names to give you. To accurately answer your question, Moses and Clyne - in a few days time.

Actually the correct answer was Bostock, to Spurs. Duh.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So none then.

In a weeks time, Clyne and Moses will both be playing for Premier League clubs who finished in the top 5 positions.

I feel that this is evidence that our academy is something special. I trust you will agree.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You may or may not be at your peak. What's certain is, most of the fans going to the Amex have never seen your club play at a higher level than where you are at the moment.

Why on EARTH would you think that? A huge proportion of the crowd is 40 or over, and we were in the top divison 29 years ago.

I've seen us in the top flight, and so have pretty much all of my Amex-going mates.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Add Murray leaving you for us and a much bigger contract and Garvan bottling the backlash to stay at us rather than join you and that tells me you're not anywhere near as high and mighty as you think you are. Outside of Brighton, Valencia, Manchester United nobody sees you as anything special. :doh: I think I am Deluded

Edited for you

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I believe the question was about how many "youth products have signed for a top Prem club". To which the answer is, Moses and Clyne are currently sorting out deals.

Was Bostock a youth product?
Did he sign for Spurs?
Are Spurs a top club?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Why on EARTH would you think that? A huge proportion of the crowd is 40 or over, and we were in the top divison 29 years ago.

I've seen us in the top flight, and so have pretty much all of my Amex-going mates.

29 years is a looooong time. I'm not convinced that anywhere near 50% of the fans at the Amex have seen you play in the Premiership before.

Not that it matters.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Blimey, have the thirty odd thousand who turned up for many games in the 1970s and early 1980s all died then? What on earth happened? That sounds like a tragedy of EPIC proportions.

Quick, somebody notify Bob Geldof, we'll release a charity single to help their families.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

So what? I do not understand your point, we have been in the basement divisions for a long time.

As for being near our peak, it is not unreasonable to suggest we are nowhere near our peak as we have only just started putting forward the infrastructure to give us a chance of progressing. The fact is, even when we didn't have a pot to piss in we still paid our bills and some how managed to win two titles and a playoff. In that time you have gone into administration multiple times and just about managed to tread water. With all due respect, the longer you are stuck at your current cesspit of a ground you have zero chance of progressing any further than you are now. Even if you continue to produce academy players of value they will be long gone before they are of any use to you.

We on the other have a potentially exciting future ahead of us, funded by new money generated by bigger crowds, more lucrative commercial deals and possibly the most inebriated fan base in the country. We could of course screw it up, but at least for the moment we can dare to dream, whereas you have nothing but half-baked promises and the family silver to live off.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So what? I do not understand your point, we have been in the basement divisions for a long time.

As for being near our peak, it is not unreasonable to suggest we are nowhere near our peak as we have only just started putting forward the infrastructure to give us a chance of progressing. The fact is, even when we didn't have a pot to piss in we still paid our bills and some how managed to win two titles and a playoff. In that time you have gone into administration multiple times and just about managed to tread water. With all due respect, the longer you are stuck at your current cesspit of a ground you have zero chance of progressing any further than you are now. Even if you continue to produce academy players of value they will be long gone before they are of any use to you.

We on the other have a potentially exciting future ahead of us, funded by new money generated by bigger crowds, more lucrative commercial deals and possibly the most inebriated fan base in the country. We could of course screw it up, but at least for the moment we can dare to dream, whereas you have nothing but half-baked promises and the family silver to live off.

We'll see. Somehow I doubt that you'll be ahead of us in the league for any significant amount of time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
29 years is a looooong time. I'm not convinced that anywhere near 50% of the fans at the Amex have seen you play in the Premiership before.

Not that it matters.

Sounds like you know absolutely f*** ALL about Brighton and Hove Albion then. We're about 5% as plastic and new fan as you desperately all wish we were.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Blimey, have the thirty odd thousand who turned up for many games in the 1970s and early 1980s all died then? What on earth happened? That sounds like a tragedy of EPIC proportions.

Quick, somebody notify Bob Geldof, we'll release a charity single to help their families.

Unless they were ALL die hard Albion fans, I'd imagine two-thirds of them have bottled it after your three decades of utter shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports