Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
no they are plastic. But truth is you couldn't fill out the withdean, at least we still maintain a 13,000 core with our ticket prices at what they are.

Did you ever go to Withdean ? Do you have any idea what it is like to spend 12 seasons watching lower-league football at an uncovered athletics track ?

Considering the fact that it was for the most part 80% full and often higher (taking into account the paltry number of fans in the away end, who unsurprisingly didn't fancy watching their team from 60 yards away through a hammer net), I think the numbers we got at that dump was f***ing miraculous.

But I suppose if Palace fans were in the same situation for 12 years, you'd have been queuing round the block to get in eh.

cpfc-charlie

Jun 20, 2012
Very clever, see you've chosen to ignore the fact your attendances are grossly exaggerated, and the fact numerous posts that have been linked onto here indicating fans are well aware of this, even worried by attendances seemingly. Also ignored the whole financial trouble bit of my post, why would that be.....

Oh, because you f***ed off local businesses and the like in order to stay away from league 1. I presume thats the base of your argument, eh?

we took the punishment of 10 points which was given and survived. Blame the rules.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
we took the punishment of 10 points which was given and survived. Blame the rules.

Cracking response. So you cheat the system, cheat other clubs, live beyond your means, screw over local businesses, and then say it doesn't matter because you got a 10 point deduction.

Oh, and you use that as a point to BRAG about, whilst mocking our attendances having paid the proper penalty of living within our means.

You really are quite simple arent you.

cpfc-charlie

Jun 20, 2012
if the roles was reversed would you really be complaining? As a fan and not a businessman i'm just happy we survived and the position were in now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Blame the rules? I blame the thieves who were in charge of running your club and the compliant fan base who couldn't give a shit that they managed to hang on to second tier status through cheating. The fact you managed to stay up at all is proof that 10 points was hardly a punishment.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You utter dinlow.

You miss the point, HKFC: league position was the ONLY thing that mattered to Palace for many years, and history was nothing to do with it.

The rules were only changed last season (by...er..Palace), at which point history became the principal criteria by which we are all judged, and current league position was deemed irrelevant:D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
what about if we talk about leage positions from the last 30 years?..Dinlow?!

Why only the last thirty? What's so special about that? If you're so keen on history, why not go back to the year dot? Or does that not suit your agenda?

Palace banging on about the last thirty years is like SkySports redefining of football history so that nothing that happened before 1992 counts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
if the roles was reversed would you really be complaining? As a fan and not a businessman i'm just happy we survived and the position were in now.

No but the point is I wouldn't BRAG about cheating to maintain a higher position. I'd be quietly slightly ashamed of it, actually.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
OK, imagining someone who was neutral coming to this debate, let's look at it like that;
Stadium - unquestionable (voted best new venue in the world while Selhurst Park was recently in a Top 5 worst league stadiums in England)
League Position is unquestionable (10th IS a lot higher than 17th, that is an undeniable fact)
Manager - Gus Poyet got us from relegation zone of League One to absolutely DESTROYING the league the year after (16 points clear at one point) and then COMFORTABLY into the Champ in first season. Dougie has taken you up about 2/3 places while playing what a lot of fans think is incredibly dull, dour football.
Chairman - More arguable, sure. That one is up for debate, however we have every reason to believe ours is absolutely superb.
Fanbase - Again, undeniable FACT.
Playing squad - up for debate, but we unquestionably performed better than you last season, being around the playoffs for a good part of it and beating 2 full strength Prem teams along the way
Youth Academy - Unquestionably yours. By a LONG way.

There you go.

Stadium- no doubt you win that for now, we are at our lowest ebb in regards to stadium quality and you are at your highest. But we have plans in the near future either to redevelop Selhurst or move to a new site. As you know, a new, improved stadium creates a massive positive upturn around the club on and off the pitch. Our stadium is poor and I'm sure it puts a lot of fans off, it's a sad fact but it's true. But once rectified I am certain that the attendences will rise. Difference with our clubs is that at your lowest ebb you got 6,000, were as we get 14,000. JAT

League position- see below Squad comments

Managers- loved how you missed off the fact that Dougie took us to within penalty kicks of a major cup final, including a win at Old Trafford vs 9 internationals. Funny how you forget to mention that Gus was given 4-5 million last year by Bloom while Dougie had to work with mostly free's and loans.

Chairman- give me ours anyday. At least we finally know our club is being run sensibly. Not sure you can say the same about Bloom however good his intentions are.

Fanbase- give me 14,000 real Palace fans over 15,000 plastics any day (i'm not including the 6,000 real, hardcore BHA fans in that, fair play to them) And once our stadium improves you will see the bridge closed anyway. You also have the novelty of playing in a new division whereas we have been in the same league for 7 years.

Squad- let's be honest, you don't hear in the press about teams coming in for Brighton players yet players such as Speroni, Clyne, Zaha, Ambrose and Williams are often linked with Premiership clubs. Funny how you fail to mention that said squad took 4 points off you last year including giving an absolute lesson at the AMEX. Funny how you forget to mention the injuries that we suffered to 3 key players that struck in the same week and pretty much made us plummet down the table into a disappointing 17th finish. You try taking Greer, Bridcutt and Buckley out of your side all at the same time and see if it doesn't affect results. I assure you 17th was not a fair reflection in where we finished, that is not sour grapes it's fact. Until the injuries we had the 2nd best defence in the division and were still in with a shout at the play offs. You did very well to come 10th but everyone knows that the 2nd season is much harder...

Academy- so clearly ours, as you fairly mentioned. Looks like it's only going to get better as well as we should be given either Catergory 1 or 2 in the next few weeks. And in case your wondering, there's about 3 or 4 more players about to break through this season including the England Under 17 captain Ryan Innis and attacking midfielder Reise Allasanni, who is seen as the most exciting prospect we've ever had. The futures bright regardless of how you try and portray us.

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Shame about Sean. He's a really nice guy, but ultimately was making the vast majority of his Palace appearances as a sub. He was a good player to bring on, but just never managed to break into the team properly (despite playing under 4 different managers).

It's never nice to see a local lad leave, but realistically he just wasn't good enough for where we want to be next season. His departure has paid for Joel Ward. Now we have £2m-£3m from Clyne to spend on a new striker, plus the original transfer budget to spend on the rest of the squad! :)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Stadium- no doubt you win that for now, we are at our lowest ebb on regards to stadium quality and you are at your highest. But we have plans in the near future either to redevelop Selhurst or move to a new site. As you know, a new, improved stadium creates a massive positive upturn around the club on and off the pitch. Our stadium is poor and I'm sure it puts a lot of fans off, it's a sad fact but it's true. But once rectified I am certain that the attendences will rise. Difference with our clubs is that at your lowest ebb you got 6000, were as we get 14,000. JAT

Managers- loved how you missed off the fact that Dougie took us to within penalty kicks of a major cup final, including a win at Old Trafford vs 9 internationals. Funny how you forget to mention that Gus was given 4-5 million last year by Bloom while Dougie had to work with mostly free's and loans.

Chairman- give me ours anyday. At least we finally know our club is being run sensibly. Not sure you can say the same about Bloom however good his intentions are.

Fanbase- give me 14,000 real Palace fans over 15,000 plastics any day (not including the 6000 real, hardcore BHA dans in that, fair play to them) And once our stadium improves you will see the bridge closed anyway. You also have the novelty of playing in a new division whereas we have been in the same league for 7 years.

Squad- let's be honest, you don't hear in the press about teams coming in for Brighton players yet players such as Speroni, Clyne, Zaha, Ambrose and Williams are often linked with Premiership clubs. Funny how you fail to mention that said squad took 4 points off you last year including giving an absolute lesson at the AMEX. Funny how you forget to mention the injuries that we suffered to 3 key players that struck in the same week and pretty much made us plummet down the table into a disappointing 17th finish. You try taking Greer, Bridcutt and Buckley out of your side all at the same time and see if it doesn't affect results. I assure you 17th was not a fair reflection in where we finished, that is not sour grapes it's fact. Until the injuries we had the 2nd best defence in the division and were still in with a shout at the play offs. You did very well to come 10th but everyone knows that the 2nd season is much harder...

What utter, UTTER bullshit. How to make yourself look like an eejit in one long post. Well done

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Stadium- no doubt you win that for now, we are at our lowest ebb on regards to stadium quality and you are at your highest. But we have plans in the near future either to redevelop Selhurst or move to a new site. As you know, a new, improved stadium creates a massive positive upturn around the club on and off the pitch. Our stadium is poor and I'm sure it puts a lot of fans off, it's a sad fact but it's true. But once rectified I am certain that the attendences will rise. Difference with our clubs is that at your lowest ebb you got 6000, were as we get 14,000. JAT

Fanbase- give me 14,000 real Palace fans over 15,000 plastics any day (not including the 6000 real, hardcore BHA dans in that, fair play to them) And once our stadium improves you will see the bridge closed anyway. You also have the novelty of playing in a new division whereas we have been in the same league for 7 years.

Academy- so clearly ours, as you fairly mentioned. Looks like it's only going to get better as well as we should be given either Catergory 1 or 2 in the next few weeks. And in case your wondering, there's about 3 or 4 more players about to break through this season including the England Under 17 captain Ryan Innis and attacking midfielder Reise Allasanni, who is seen as the mist exciting prospect we've ever had. The futures bright regardless of how you try and portray us.

So basically a post load of 'ifs'.

IF Bloom is running us into the ground and
IF you had all your players fit till the end of the season and
IF you had won penalties and
IF you get a new stadium and
IF some of your youth players turn out to be decent

You just keep clutching on those straws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports