Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasn't Scannel one of their highly rated youngsters that they would only sell for £1m+. Perhaps their 'billionaire owners' will turn out to be like one of their previous owners was it Goldsmith Goldberg or Goldsomething had wealth but only on paper not cash wealthy.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stadium - Albion
League Position - Albion
Manager - Albion
Chairman - Albion
Fanbase - Albion
Playing Squad - Albion
Youth Academy - Palace (for the next 2-3 years)

Yeah, attendance is definitely the ONLY thing we have on you...

2 Spells In The Top Flight funded by cheated out of money local businesses, charities and the tax payers - Palace

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unfortunately Sean has been treading water for a couple of seasons, and it's probably best for everyone if he moves on and kick starts his career elsewhere. We've got a couple of kids coming through in his position, so hopefully they'll get a chance.
He needs better players around him........that's why he's gone to Udders.

Jan 12, 2012
Nope. For the entirety of the last season, Palace fans have been obsessed with the idea of Albion's fanbase as being full of plastics.

Yet, you have GOAL MUSIC (unbelievably tinpot, MLS and plastic) a half time BIRD SHOW (there are no words) and "call and response" with the announcer "Anddddyyyyyy........(crowd) JOHNSSSOOOOONNN.

You outplastic MK Dons, and that takes some doing.

Are you still angry about being booted off the bbs ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wasn't Scannel one of their highly rated youngsters that they would only sell for £1m+. Perhaps their 'billionaire owners' will turn out to be like one of their previous owners was it Goldsmith Goldberg or Goldsomething had wealth but only on paper not cash wealthy.
No he was just a fringe player, only played 35 (ish) games last season.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
On first viewing I completely assumed that was during warm up before a game, and you were having a cheeky dig. But looking on the pitch it does seem an actual MATCH is in progress. That is f***ing woeful. What's the excuse?

Again, a Brighton fan mocking attendences, you really have to laugh! Or have you only been going in the past season like the other 70% in the stadium?

cpfc-charlie

Jun 20, 2012
You are the one who has come on another teams board bandying terms like 'plastics' about. If you want a debate - welcome. Take a leaf out of Red n Blues book. If you want this place to have an away end - carry on.

you don't like the word plastics do you? Please don't bite onto it too much. That's unless your insecure about it.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
On first viewing I completely assumed that was during warm up before a game, and you were having a cheeky dig. But looking on the pitch it does seem an actual MATCH is in progress. That is f***ing woeful. What's the excuse?

The excuse for so many people at a Palarse game?

Simples - Groupon

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I dont even want to expand on that, biggest biased load of shit i've read in ages.

OK, imagining someone who was neutral coming to this debate, let's look at it like that;
Stadium - unquestionable (voted best new venue in the world while Selhurst Park was recently in a Top 5 worst league stadiums in England)
League Position is unquestionable (10th IS a lot higher than 17th, that is an undeniable fact)
Manager - Gus Poyet got us from relegation zone of League One to absolutely DESTROYING the league the year after (16 points clear at one point) and then COMFORTABLY into the Champ in first season. Dougie has taken you up about 2/3 places while playing what a lot of fans think is incredibly dull, dour football.
Chairman - More arguable, sure. That one is up for debate, however we have every reason to believe ours is absolutely superb.
Fanbase - Again, undeniable FACT.
Playing squad - up for debate, but we unquestionably performed better than you last season, being around the playoffs for a good part of it and beating 2 full strength Prem teams along the way
Youth Academy - Unquestionably yours. By a LONG way.

There you go.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Again, a Brighton fan mocking attendences, you really have to laugh! Or have you only been going in the past season like the other 70% in the stadium?

I said it earlier and I'll say it again; have got talking to about 15 other regulars who sit all around me at the Amex; not a SINGLE ONE is a new fan. We had attendances in the 20,000s back at the Goldstone, do you just assume they've all died? Bizarre.

OK, imagining someone who was neutral coming to this debate, let's look at it like that;
Stadium - unquestionable (voted best new venue in the world while Selhurst Park was recently in a Top 5 worst league stadiums in England)
League Position is unquestionable (10th IS a lot higher than 17th, that is an undeniable fact)
Manager - Gus Poyet got us from relegation zone of League One to absolutely DESTROYING the league the year after (16 points clear at one point) and then COMFORTABLY into the Champ in first season. Dougie has taken you up about 2/3 places while playing what a lot of fans think is incredibly dull, dour football.
Chairman - More arguable, sure. That one is up for debate, however we have every reason to believe ours is absolutely superb.
Playing squad - up for debate, but we unquestionably performed better than you last season, being around the playoffs for a good part of it and beating 2 full strength Prem teams along the way

There you go.

Thems are FACTS them is.

The Palace twat won't acknowledge it but they are.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
you don't like the word plastics do you? Please don't bite onto it too much. That's unless your insecure about it.

Charlie you came on here to do a smash and grab raid and now you've been drawn in - like The Hotel California, you can log out of NSC but you never leave. Welcome to the rest of your life.

cpfc-charlie

Jun 20, 2012

There you go.

Of course, your stadium was built a couple years ago, ours was built before my grandad was even born. League position is debatable, we wasn't fussed between finishing mid-table as we were just blooding youngsters towards the end and the league cup defo affected us. Maybe a head to head would be fair? If Gus is so superb surely he would have dealt with Freedmans "poor" squad and tactics. Yes our football isn't the prettiest to watch but were a building side from the back up top. And let's be honest what I watched against you, there's about 10 teams in this league who I saw knock the ball about better than you. And of course you can't compare the youth standards of the two clubs.

The fanbase is another that's questionable. Fair play you've packed out your ground all season and have alot of season ticket sales. But if we was to get a brand new stadium playing in a tier higher I could guarantee 30,00 a week would come out the woordwork as it did when we got promoted a few years back and with the cup runs in recent years.

Jan 12, 2012
It's like North Korea that place. Anything that doesn't fit the cosy agenda - get rid of them! Shut them up! Really quite a fragile little place.

Was that a yes or a no ?
On the subject of your returning dyed in the wool fans, would you agree that they should have made more of an effort to support the club when they needed it most ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports