Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No idea what you mean by the second though? Off the top of my head, Steve Parish runs Tag:Worldwide, a multi-national advertising agency with a turnover of well over £100m in 2011.

Having worked for TAG I can assure you that Steve Parish only runs them now as he was bought out last year for around £50 mill.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Guys , can we not drift . This is about our Wilf .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Don't be daft

It's about your misguided optimism as to a player's worth and what a rubbish club you appear as a result. The only redeeming feature I've found is that a few of you are clearly so disillusioned with your own club that you have taken up residence on here. Still makes you look stupid but at least you are being daft in a good place. :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Having worked for TAG I can assure you that Steve Parish only runs them now as he was bought out last year for around £50 mill.

So 2 of the 4 in the consortium had a personal fortune of c£50M rather than billions ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
More like a few thousand if the Bristol City debacle is any thing to judge by. As this was the only home league game where your Club let slip that below 10k attended when the official attendance was given as close to 12k.

Read my signature and weep.

Wasn't this a Groupon deal as well or was that another match where the "true" attendance dipped below 10k ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They key part to the "2000 more ST holders", readers, is the "than this time last year".

Palace have put in place some early booking discounts, so in reality, all that's happening is that the same people as last year have booked STs, but they've simply paid up earlier than they did previously, in order to take advantage. I wouldn't mind betting that come the start of the season, they won't be 2,000 up, with the possible exception of a bunch of free under 10s tickets that won't get regularly used anyway.

These are not 2,000 brand new fans (JCLs?) that have decided to watch Palace all of a sudden.

I reckon they will end up with another 400 more STH's than last season but the majority of these will be U10's who haven't generated any additional revenue.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

No, no,no,no,.........this thread is about the entertainment your poster, Glenn-Murray gives us.

What time is he on tonight.....?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No, no,no,no,.........this thread is about the entertainment your poster, Glenn-Murray gives us.

What time is he on tonight.....?

Doesn't he sniff his sister's panties on a Friday night ???

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Unbelievable !
A thread about a palace player has reached 50 pages!

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
They key part to the "2000 more ST holders", readers, is the "than this time last year".

Palace have put in place some early booking discounts, so in reality, all that's happening is that the same people as last year have booked STs, but they've simply paid up earlier than they did previously, in order to take advantage. I wouldn't mind betting that come the start of the season, they won't be 2,000 up, with the possible exception of a bunch of free under 10s tickets that won't get regularly used anyway.

These are not 2,000 brand new fans (JCLs?) that have decided to watch Palace all of a sudden.

The early-bird discount deadlines are having to be reset to later and later dates. I think it's because the huge rush of fans trying to buy one is causing a bottleneck of epic proportions and overloading the systems.

That's the only explanation, massive club that they are.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He is certainly NOT a billionaire... that I can assure you.

His SP1 (number plate) Ferrari is pretty special though!

I was led to believe by Glenn-Murray (who has inside info on all things pertaining to Crystal Palace) that all 4 of the consortium were multi billionaires and even richer than Tony Bloom. :lol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I was led to believe by Glenn-Murray (who has inside info on all things pertaining to Crystal Palace) that all 4 of the consortium were multi billionaires and even richer than Tony Bloom. :lol:

You most certainly weren't! I have only repeated what they have told us.

All we really know about their financial position is what they have said. They have stated that - collectively - they are billionaires. They also said in 2010 that the only club in the football league with more money was QPR.

Obviously I have no inside info - I have never claimed to have inside info at any point.

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Don't be daft

It's about your misguided optimism as to a player's worth and what a rubbish club you appear as a result. The only redeeming feature I've found is that a few of you are clearly so disillusioned with your own club that you have taken up residence on here. Still makes you look stupid but at least you are being daft in a good place. :thumbsup:

Turning down £7m bids make us look like a rubbish club? Hmmm... ???

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Quite right about his ownership, he sold the company for a "disclosed fee" (he was born to be in football!) but was asked to continue running it.

I'm not sure anyone knows how much he got for it though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here