Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What happened to 11/12?

It went down.......but a quite pointless statistic in reality, as it is known that the figures released by Crystal Palace bear little resemblance to the truth.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I suggest you not only purchase a thesaurus.....but also a dictionary. You quite clearly stated..."attendance".

The official attendances released by the club are the numbers I stated. These attendances are the number of people who bought tickets for the game.

I really don't care if a few hundred didn't turn up, it makes no odds to me - they've paid their money. Why does it matter so much to you?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You don't amuse me. You are extremely dull.

I,m not too worried about that. I don't come on here to play the 'village idiot'..........and in any case, I don't think I could ever attain your high standards.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Ok so it went down last season (but you chose to gloss over that fact). But this coming season it's definitely on the up. Because you said so. I see.

No. This season it's definitely on the up because there are 2000 more ST holders.

What part of that is in any way difficult to understand?

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
Fading in the sense that the squad is being weakened, the stadium is crumbling, and average attendances have gone down year on year for about 6/7 years now. In that sense.

I see. Glad to see the old favourite attendance figures being wheeled out as some kind of barometer of success in a time when many clubs' attendances are falling. Stadium? Meh. It'll do, it's got a pitch in the middle. Playing squad? Time will tell. 'Fading' indeed.

Excuse me whilst I get into yours, and others' mindsets, by putting on my tin foil suit and screaming at coathangers dangling from the ceiling.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Due to the windfall that premier league clubs are due to receive in season 2013-14 I think his value must have gone up another 10%.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Due to the windfall that premier league clubs are due to receive in season 2013-14 I think his value must have gone up another 10%.

That's a fair comment.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They key part to the "2000 more ST holders", readers, is the "than this time last year".

Palace have put in place some early booking discounts, so in reality, all that's happening is that the same people as last year have booked STs, but they've simply paid up earlier than they did previously, in order to take advantage. I wouldn't mind betting that come the start of the season, they won't be 2,000 up, with the possible exception of a bunch of free under 10s tickets that won't get regularly used anyway.

These are not 2,000 brand new fans (JCLs?) that have decided to watch Palace all of a sudden.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
with the possible exception of a bunch of free under 10s tickets that won't get regularly used anyway.

Untrue Edna. Those tickets will be used for every evening game, by adults, to save buying a ticket. Fabulous business decision to allow that. Brilliant.

In fact I wouldn't mind betting that there are at least a small number of free U10 tickets that were signed up for, SOLELY with this in mind.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
They key part to the "2000 more ST holders", readers, is the "than this time last year".

Palace have put in place some early booking discounts, so in reality, all that's happening is that the same people as last year have booked STs, but they've simply paid up earlier than they did previously, in order to take advantage. I wouldn't mind betting that come the start of the season, they won't be 2,000 up, with the possible exception of a bunch of free under 10s tickets that won't get regularly used anyway.

These are not 2,000 brand new fans (JCLs?) that have decided to watch Palace all of a sudden.

They would be returning fans, even if they weren't there last season, according to Palace fans anyway.

The official attendances released by the club are the numbers I stated. These attendances are the number of people who bought tickets for the game.

I really don't care if a few hundred didn't turn up, it makes no odds to me - they've paid their money. Why does it matter so much to you?

More like a few thousand if the Bristol City debacle is any thing to judge by. As this was the only home league game where your Club let slip that below 10k attended when the official attendance was given as close to 12k.

Read my signature and weep.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
They would be returning fans, even if they weren't there last season, according to Palace fans anyway.

Exactly - according to them we have plastic premiership fans who don't really support us, but have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon. On the other hand, their fans are returning hardcore who for reasons of work, family, the economy, hating Jordan etc have missed out for a season or 2.

They want it both ways.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

That is a fair point.

Clubs in the PL will be able to spend even more on transfers/wages to ensure they stay there, whilst those in the Championship will throw money they don't have with the aim of reaching the promised land.

IMO there will be more and more clubs 'chasing the dream' and more and more clubs entering administration, a 10 point penalty is simply not enough deterrent - automatic relegation should apply.

If BHA, with 22,000 STH and no mortgage/debt to repay on our ground, and losing out on players because of our wage structure, WTF are these other clubs paying?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here