Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
West Ham News ‏@WHUFC_News
Winifred Zaha will either sign for West Ham or commit his future to Crystal Palace in the next five days (via [MENTION=4120]Adz[/MENTION]man89) #WHUFC #CPFC

Suggests that a final offer over the weekend will be the clincher.

WOW. What incredible insight from WHUFC_News, they really are in the know. So, to conclude, Wilfried will either be leaving Palace or staying. Genius.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Happens all the time football would be much richer if these players didn't get poached by the more successful nations, although I expect he could go back to playing for Ivory Coast.

He can't play for the Ivory Coast I think, as he has already been capped by England u21's. I think that prevents him from switching nations?

I very much doubt he's off to West Ham. If he actually wanted to leave he could join a better club than West Ham, playing a style of football that would suit him better. It's not as if there'd be a shortage of takers.

Am I right in thinking that the only info surrounding this deal has come from some random guy on Twitter? If so, I'm not at all worried. Almost certainly complete crap.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
WOW. What incredible insight from WHUFC_News, they really are in the know. So, to conclude, Wilfried will either be leaving Palace or staying. Genius.

What do you think are the chances that Zaha will go to West Ham, for a sub £7m figure? Considering all your previous comments on the matter...

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
What do you think are the chances that Zaha will go to West Ham, for a sub £7m figure? Considering all your previous comments on the matter...

I would be amazed if Zaha signs for West Ham for a sub £7m figure, unless the figure was something like £6m and Baldock on a permanent transfer. Even that I think would be somewhat unlikely - Baldock would have to take a wage cut which he probably wouldn't like. Dougie would have some serious convincing to do.

I think it's incredibly unlikely to be true. He is absolutely key for us next season. Especially since no press reports have surrounded the apparent deal, it's only people with about 50 followers on Twitter making things up, and all tweets have come from West Ham fans. I really doubt that there's any truth in the rumours tbh, particularly as the same people on Twitter have been saying the same things ever since January.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would be amazed if Zaha signs for West Ham for a sub £7m figure, unless the figure was something like £6m and Baldock on a permanent transfer. Even that I think would be somewhat unlikely - Baldock would have to take a wage cut which he probably wouldn't like. Dougie would have some serious convincing to do.

I think it's incredibly unlikely to be true. He is absolutely key for us next season. Especially since no press reports have surrounded the apparent deal, it's only people with about 50 followers on Twitter making things up, and all tweets have come from West Ham fans. I really doubt that there's any truth in the rumours tbh, particularly as the same people on Twitter have been saying the same things ever since January.

So you think Zaha will stay with you for another season of diving then? Or will the little cheat go on to dive for a bigger club?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So you think Zaha will stay with you for another season of diving then? Or will the little cheat go on to dive for a bigger club?

It's alright, your jealousy is understandable. I think Zaha will stay for a final season with us next year, and move on in the summer of 2013 unless we get promoted.

I doubt we'd let him go for less than £10m, and I can't see any club bidding that for him at the moment. I think there will be a few clubs willing to pay that next summer.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
CPFC2010 have just confirmed that there is no deal. In fact, they have described it as "poo".

Case closed (for now!)

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Sullivan and Gold are notorious for getting themselves linked with transfer targets, Beckham Tevez etc.

They may get Zaha but somehow I doubt it.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Your owners are really classy.

And you still haven't said just which multinational companies they are major shareholders in yet.

I agree with you on the first point.

No idea what you mean by the second though? Off the top of my head, Steve Parish runs Tag:Worldwide, a multi-national advertising agency with a turnover of well over £100m in 2011. Stephen Browett runs Farr Vintners, the UK's biggest wine merchants for over 10 years. Martin Long owned Churchill Insurance, which he sold for £1.1billion. Jeremy Hosking runs an investment fund called Marathon, but I don't know much about it other than that they operate in the UK, Australia, the US and a few other places. He spends most of his time abroad because of this.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea

No idea what you mean by the second though? Off the top of my head, Steve Parish runs Tag:Worldwide, a multi-national advertising agency with a turnover of well over £100m in 2011. Stephen Browett runs Farr Vintners, the UK's biggest wine merchants for over 10 years. Martin Long owned Churchill Insurance, which he sold for £1.1billion. Jeremy Hosking runs an investment fund called Marathon, but I don't know much about it other than that they operate in the UK, Australia, the US and a few other places. He spends most of his time abroad because of this.

You forgot to add that they also jointly own a fading football club which is losing them millions per year.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Martin Long did sell Churchill for £1.1 billion, of which his share was reputed to be £50 million.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You forgot to add that they also jointly own a fading football club which is losing them millions per year.

We'll have differing opinions on that! I can't for the life of me understand why Tony Bloom has pissed away tens of his £?millions on your lot, but you don't seem to mind! :lolol:

It is losing them money, but what club isn't? It's like the old saying "how do you become a millionaire in football? Start as a billionaire" They do it for the love of the game and their club, not because it makes good business sense!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Err... fine? ???

I would be very happy with a mere £50 million, but you did say Martin long owned Churchill Insurance (and sold in 2003 for £1.1 billion) whereas he was merely a shareholder...Credit Suisse.....being the major player.

It appears that Martin Long, then invested in the property market.....difficult area to be in these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here