Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're forgetting the long term Jordan deals for which you receive no income.

So in one post GM states an additional 2,000 ST's have been sold but in a later post says 400 of those are freebies given to U9's , so basically 400+ tickets have been "sold" at zero cost. Its the sort of creative accountancy that would get GM a job working for George Osborne. :lolol:

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
So in one post GM states an additional 2,000 ST's have been sold but in a later post says 400 of those are freebies given to U9's , so basically 400+ tickets have been "sold" at zero cost. Its the sort of creative accountancy that would get GM a job working for George Osborne. :lolol:

What's your point? Is there one to make?

When did everyone become an accountant and/or marketing expert?

Good grief.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea

Their owners have stated that 850 of the ST's are the long term deals and so contribute nothing to Palace's coffers

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What's your point? Is there one to make?

When did everyone become an accountant and/or marketing expert?

Good grief.

The point I am making is the "stretching of truth" from certain posters trying to clutch at straws.

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
The point I am making is the "stretching of truth" from certain posters trying to clutch at straws.

I see. I'm not entirely sure belittling a scheme to get schoolchildren watching the club is entirely fair game, but there you go.

However, some might argue it's child abuse. After our end to the season, I'd say it probably was.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I love this thread!

It's made even better when the posts from [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23132]making plans for nigel[/MENTION] are read like Rick from the Young Ones!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If a bid came in for him, an offer to make him an instant millionaire, it must be tempting for him to cut and run. He's a 19 year old kid, being continually told that he's some sort of saviour to English football. Why on Earth would you want to stay with a club like Crystal Palace? There must be a certain amount of believing his own hype going on, and don't forget the agent in his ear.

Zaha will decide when he wants to leave, not Parish, 5 year contract or not.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
If a bid came in for him, an offer to make him an instant millionaire, it must be tempting for him to cut and run. He's a 19 year old kid, being continually told that he's some sort of saviour to English football. Why on Earth would you want to stay with a club like Crystal Palace? There must be a certain amount of believing his own hype going on, and don't forget the agent in his ear.

Zaha will decide when he wants to leave, not Parish, 5 year contract or not.

Why would you want to stay at Palace? Quite. Why on earth, as a young player, would you want to develop your skills at a club with fantastic youth coaches, a track record of bringing through young players, a very patient set of fans who won't boo him if a trick goes wrong, a location in the area that he grew up and where his family is, etc.

If he leaves Palace, it'll be for a massive fee and to a settled club in the top half of the Premiership. Of that I have no doubt. Surely even you blinkered lot can accept that no Championship club would have any chance of signing him?

If I were Wilf - I would believe the hype. He really is a class act, and he can cope with the pressure of being the most talented player in the division. This will only be made more evident when he plays as a striker next season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love this guy. I can't wait for the excuses for Palace finishing around 16th next season and selling on Zahaha for about £4m to Bolton/Wolves/similar.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Why would you want to stay at Palace? Quite. Why on earth, as a young player, would you want to develop your skills at a club with fantastic youth coaches, a track record of bringing through young players, a very patient set of fans who won't boo him if a trick goes wrong, a location in the area that he grew up and where his family is, etc.

Nathaniel Clyne?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I love this guy. I can't wait for the excuses for Palace finishing around 16th next season

'We didn't want to make the play-offs. This was always intended to be a(nother)season for building and experimentation'.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

All these points could apply to ANY FL club in London, they're not exactly stand out features are they? Most clubs have good youth coaches, play youth team players in the first team, have fans who don't boo said youth teamers and there's a lot of clubs in the London area. A lot of those clubs actually play more attacking football which would only help develop a young winger/striker more. The thought of playing alongside the new signing Wilbraham from Norwich is hardly going to set the pulses racing for him is it?

If he leaves Palace, it'll be for a massive fee and to a settled club in the top half of the Premiership. Of that I have no doubt. Surely even you blinkered lot can accept that no Championship club would have any chance of signing him?

Time will tell on this, but there seems to be a lot of rumours about West Ham?

If I were Wilf - I would believe the hype. He really is a class act, and he can cope with the pressure of being the most talented player in the division. This will only be made more evident when he plays as a striker next season.

There you go again, everyone accepts he has tricks and skills, but he is no where near being the best player in the Championship - end of.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I love this guy. I can't wait for the excuses for Palace finishing around 16th next season.

'We would have made the play-offs, but got distracted by reaching the fourth round of the Rumblelows Cup'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here