Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Captain, try to be sensible, Vicente can bearly play a dozen games a season. At 50, he'll be tucked up in bed with his cocoa.

Ok maybe I was a bit OTT there, but he finally got himself fit for the last 8 matches of the season. If I say he's the best player ever to put on the blue n white stripes, it might not mean alot to you. However, this guy is pure class. If he can go on 4 more seasons he's got so much about him, he could be worth the same as your Zaha is now.
Look you got a good player, 7mil was a good offer, I think you should have taken it, but you didn't....so let's see how he does this year.
Without even bringing the fact that I hate Palace into it, I'd rather have fit Vicente the next 2 or 3 years than 5 yrs of Winnie.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wilfred Zaha, a talented footballer playing for a south London club who could possibly be described as in 'terminal decline'.

And we haven't even bothered to show any interest, my that Zaha must be good!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Johnson would unfortunately still be a class act in this league. Would Palace go against all their recent financial stability outpourings and stump up for his wages though?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Johnson would unfortunately still be a class act in this league. Would Palace go against all their recent financial stability outpourings and stump up for his wages though?

But how humbling for him to return to that decrepit outfit.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Andy Johnson has been pretty shit in the premier league. There was that one season for palace when he scored 12 or something but 11 were penalties.
Zamora has been a way better EPL player. Not prolific either but worth alot more to his team.
Look you Palace knobs, Winnie isnt worth 7 big ones, you'll regret not taking that money.
Out of interest. What do Palace think he is worth? Have they set a price? 9 mil? 11mil? 15 mil?

Muppets

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Wilfred Zaha, a talented footballer playing for a south London club who could possibly be described as in 'terminal decline'.

He is good , very good . You wouldnt get a sniff of him . You don't mean the decline bit I'm sure .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

He is good very good, you wouldn't get a sniff of him . You didn't mean the decline bit I'm sure .Sorry I had to repeat myself .

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
He is good very good, you wouldn't get a sniff of him . You didn't mean the decline bit I'm sure .Sorry I had to repeat myself .

Except as a club palace are in decline, decreasing gates, little investment in squad or facilities and a ground that's way past anything resembling half decent.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

You haven't shown any interest in the same way that we've shown no interest in Ronaldo - there's absolutely zero chance of signing him.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Andy Johnson has been pretty shit in the premier league. There was that one season for palace when he scored 12 or something but 11 were penalties.
Zamora has been a way better EPL player. Not prolific either but worth alot more to his team.
Look you Palace knobs, Winnie isnt worth 7 big ones, you'll regret not taking that money.
Out of interest. What do Palace think he is worth? Have they set a price? 9 mil? 11mil? 15 mil?

Muppets

Johnson scored 24 goals in the Premiership with Palace, and finished second top scorer behind Henry. This earned him a place in the Premier League Team of the Season, partnering Thierry up front.

Zamora has never even come close to matching AJ's 2005 season.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Except as a club palace are in decline, decreasing gates, little investment in squad or facilities and a ground that's way past anything resembling half decent.

Wrong. Our gates are increasing. We've sold 2000 more ST's than this time last year. So far we have invested more in the squad than you have, with more to come. We are also trying to secure moving to a new a ground.

Say what you want about Palace but we're OBVIOUSLY not a club in decline.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Wrong. Our gates are increasing. We've given away 2000 more ST's than this time last year. So far we have invested more in the squad than you have, with more to come. We are also trying to secure moving to a new a ground.

Corrected for you.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wrong. Our gates are increasing. We've sold 2000 more ST's than this time last year. So far we have invested more in the squad than you have, with more to come. We are also trying to secure moving to a new a ground.

Just to clarify, have all season tickets been paid for or are any of them freebies e.g buy 1 adult get 2 kids free?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Just to clarify, have all season tickets been paid for or are any of them freebies e.g buy 1 adult get 2 kids free?

All season tickets bar 400 have been paid for. The 400 tickets not paid for are the free tickets given to any child 9 or under, in certain sections of the family stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here