Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
RECENT ones please-seeing as that one doesn't appear to have gone anywhere since January.

And no, I haven't bothered reading this thread for ages-what's happened in the last month?

There have been no media reports of any bids for Zaha in the 3 days that the transfer window has been open. I'm sure Bolton would have tried again this summer, but obviously as they are a Championship club there's no point. No Championship club would have any hope at all of signing him.

Are you suggesting that his value will have dropped from £7m to £2m for absolutely no valid reason since January? Or do you just make it up as you go along? What's your point?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
According to Steve Parish we are 12th in terms of income in the Championship.

We might get to 10,000 ST holders, as we have sold 2000 more ST's than last year (about 1500 of these are full price), and a good signing or two might convince some more fans to make the pledge. CPFC2010 are very happy with sales as they are over 1000 ST's above their target for this stage in the season.

12th in income? 10K season tickets? And your crowds are what?

Let's think about it shall we? Bolton, Wolves, Blackburn coming down will have a substantially greater income than Palace. The same is true for Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield coming up and it will be a close run thing with Charlton I guess but they probably sneak ahead of you. Then there are Leeds, Ipswich, Leicester, Brighton (of course) Middlesboro, Cardiff, Blackpool, Forest (perhaps) Derby (definitely) - in fact I reckon you are down around 16th. Now bear in mind that unlike all the clubs listed, you are the only one whose ground is, not to put too fine a point on it, falling down around their ears. Sensibly a club in your position needs to do what Tony Bloom has done for us and invest in infrastructure before - like Portsmouth - it starts to bite you. Still if you choose to believe what you have been told it's your choice and as I said before, every agent will be happy knowing what you've got available and how far they can hold you to ransom.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
12th in income? 10K season tickets? And your crowds are what?

Let's think about it shall we? Bolton, Wolves, Blackburn coming down will have a substantially greater income than Palace. The same is true for Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield coming up and it will be a close run thing with Charlton I guess but they probably sneak ahead of you. Then there are Leeds, Ipswich, Leicester, Brighton (of course) Middlesboro, Cardiff, Blackpool, Forest (perhaps) Derby (definitely) - in fact I reckon you are down around 16th. Now bear in mind that unlike all the clubs listed, you are the only one whose ground is, not to put too fine a point on it, falling down around their ears. Sensibly a club in your position needs to do what Tony Bloom has done for us and invest in infrastructure before - like Portsmouth - it starts to bite you. Still if you choose to believe what you have been told it's your choice and as I said before, every agent will be happy knowing what you've got available and how far they can hold you to ransom.

Looking at those clubs I think we're 12th, as CPFC2010 have said. A couple of those clubs have serious financial issues. Our crowds are averaging around 15k, which is pretty much the average for Championship clubs. Cold tuesday nights in February we get as low as 11/12k, big games we get as high as 22k, really big games we sell out at 24k.

The chairmen ARE looking at investing in the infrastructure. That's the whole point of a new ground. We just aren't sure whether it'll be in the Crystal Palace park or a redeveloped Selhurst yet. We'll know in the next few months, but until then we only know that they don't want to be at Selhurst in its current state for very long.

I don't think agents will be in ANY position to hold us to ransom. We have made it very clear that we're not a selling club, that we won't be messed around, and that we won't accept any bids lower than what we think is a good price for us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looking at those clubs I think we're 12th, as CPFC2010 have said. A couple of those clubs have serious financial issues. Our crowds are averaging around 15k, which is pretty much the average for Championship clubs. Cold tuesday nights in February we get as low as 11/12k, big games we get as high as 22k, really big games we sell out at 24k.

The chairmen ARE looking at investing in the infrastructure. That's the whole point of a new ground. We just aren't sure whether it'll be in the Crystal Palace park or a redeveloped Selhurst yet. We'll know in the next few months, but until then we only know that they don't want to be at Selhurst in its current state for very long.

I don't think agents will be in ANY position to hold us to ransom. We have made it very clear that we're not a selling club, that we won't be messed around, and that we won't accept any bids lower than what we think is a good price for us.

I give up! :)
I admire your belief as much as I disagree with your maths - you really really should spend more time on your own site. NOW f*** OFF back to the Holmesdale :lol: :lol: :lol:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Crowds averaging 15k :lol::lol::lol:

Back on the crack I see

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Think your new ground is watertight....as much as the Bismarck....and Selhurst...bit like the Bismarck as well.....both wrecks!
Seriously though,I think even you know the new ground is not going to happen but upgrading the SP is about the only way you'll be going.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
BBC Sport - Wilfried Zaha: Bolton offer £7m for Crystal Palace winger

Here it is, four times just so you can see it. It's not me making it up, it's a BBC report :)

One of the quotes from Owen Coyle in there is nice too "He is such a talented young player and he will get better - there is scope for improvement. He has got pace and unbelievable quality and natural attributes."

Well why don't you bellends take it then? He's not that good, 7 mil and you've robbed the club that pays. What you're sitting it out for 9 mil?
Palace retards.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fun Fact:
Crystal Palace have not sold out a home league game since their Premier League game against Arsenal on 6th November 2004

f*** me they are SO tinpot. I genuinely hadn't realised til this season how shithouse their support is. It's embarrassing.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Excuse me? You weren't even filling the Withdean ffs...

That was because withdean was a sh@t hole and we had spent the best part of 14 years watching shite at places like withdean and priestfield... So no wonder we never sold out in the last few years...however what's your excuse then as I suppose you can blame the area, or the football dished up or the lovely selhurst park... So many choices..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Excuse me? You weren't even filling the Withdean ffs...

Not surprising as only one stand was covered , the rest open to the elements. All the stands apart from the North Stand were semi permanent structures. Athletics running track surrounding the pitch. Third World catering facilities , toilet blocks more suitable for a building site. Away supporters stand positioned 40 yards behind the running track and hammer nets. No Groupon discounted tickets. Now we have a state of the art £120M stadium with an extra 8 (EIGHT) Thousand seats being added. Voted best new sporting venue in the world. Accolades received for corporate entertaining and awards for hospitality. Conference facilities second to none. 22 Thousand season tickets already sold for next season , a few of them are plastics but nearly all used to go to The Goldstone or their parents did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here