Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I'm not ignoring the number of points. The number of points you achieved made you finish near the bottom- 17th- even though you have the 'best player in the league'. Well done crystal palace! 17th place!

We were closer to midtable than to the bottom, and we finished 16 points clear of 21st despite a massive injury list, a distracting (yet enjoyable) cup run and a very defensive style that was made to build for the next few seasons, not win promotion in the season just gone.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Ah, good for you, you're trying to patronise me. Saying 'well over £5m/£7m' is not the same as saying 'well over £5m, or £7m', the way you used the forward slash didn't separate the £7m from the 'well over'. Who knows what you meant, maybe you used the forward slash to express a fraction.

I'm not trying to patronise, I'm stating the blindingly obvious. Your own interpretation of what I said doesn't make any sense, so obviously it's not that one? :)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
We were closer to midtable than to the bottom, and we finished 16 points clear of 21st despite a massive injury list, a distracting (yet enjoyable) cup run and a very defensive style that was made to build for the next few seasons, not win promotion in the season just gone.

be honest, there was never ever a chance of Palace being promoted ......not in the last 5 seasons

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Enjoy your evenings gents, I'm off out. While I'm gone, you should think about whether Zaha is worth more than your entire first team, your entire first team and subs, or your entire first team, subs and reserves :)

D

Deleted member 18477

Enjoy your evenings gents, I'm off out. While I'm gone, you should think about whether Zaha is worth more than your entire first team, your entire first team and subs, or your entire first team, subs and reserves :)

:ffsparr:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
be honest, there was never ever a chance of Palace being promoted ......not in the last 5 seasons

One more before I go... In the last 5 seasons we have finished in the playoffs once, been in the playoffs until we were deducted points for administration, and then have been recovering from admin.

There was no chance of it this season, but this season wasn't about promotion. It was about building for the Premiership with a core of young players, who play the same way.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Depends if we use the Palace method of valuation I.e. times everything by 10. Or the actual value everyone else uses

D

Deleted member 18477

One more before I go... In the last 5 seasons we have finished in the playoffs once, been in the playoffs until we were deducted points for administration, and then have been recovering from admin.

There was no chance of it this season, but this season wasn't about promotion. It was about building for the Premiership with a core of young players, who play the same way.

What a wasted season then. You're selling all your young players.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You're making it far more complicated than it needs to be. Any player will know when they have definitely been fouled.

No, I'm stating the laws of the game. Contact with the player and/or ball is not the defining factor, so a player who is using this to judge whether he is fouled, and thus is justified in throwing himself to the floor and rolling round like he has been assaulted, is getting it wrong.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
10 points due to a. our cup run, b. massive amounts of injuries to our key players, c. your promotion momentum that has now gone, etc.

You can argue about whether we have better players than you, but you can't argue that your team is worth more than ours.

Your cup run of what, 6 or 7 games?

You talk about injuries, we had plenty of them too.

"promotion momentum", you're just scraping the barrel seeing as you have regularly played at this level.

Fortunately the value of a team doesn't guarantee a better league position, which is the competition which we finished 7 places and 10 points ahead of you :wave:

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Ever heard of a lad called Lewis Dunk? Future Premiership and probable England centre back brought through the ranks here, Man City and Villa have been sniffing around him amongst others. I'd wager a lot of money that he'd fetch a significant amount more than your cheat Zaha.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Ever heard of a lad called Lewis Dunk? Future Premiership and probable England centre back brought through the ranks here, Man City and Villa have been sniffing around him amongst others. I'd wager a lot of money that he'd fetch a significant amount more than your cheat Zaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please, even most on here would agree that you're talking rubbish there. There is no way that Dunk would go for anywhere near as much as Zaha.

The recent media coverage around him hasn't been good, has it? He's not even getting into your first XI. Also, he's a CB, even a brilliant CB won't be as valuable as a pretty good striker - yet alone a brilliant forward like Zaha and an average CB like Dunk.

We've already turned down £7m for Zaha - how much have you turned down for not-in-the-first-team Dunk?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Your cup run of what, 6 or 7 games?

You talk about injuries, we had plenty of them too.

"promotion momentum", you're just scraping the barrel seeing as you have regularly played at this level.

Fortunately the value of a team doesn't guarantee a better league position, which is the competition which we finished 7 places and 10 points ahead of you :wave:

And don't forget Palace got knocked out of the Carling Cup by the LOSING finalists. Some teams get knocked out by the WINNERS.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

You might have to start this all over again, as Clyne seems to have left, and there is a chance that Gardener might not be there next season. So half your defence has disapeared.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
You might have to start this all over again, as Clyne seems to have left, and there is a chance that Gardener might not be there next season. So half your defence has disapeared.

Exactly
All this building for the future theory is a load of old bollocks (which applies to any club)
Too many factors in football mean you can't look too far ahead
The future is here right now
The fact remains Palace are pony

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here