Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am not, however it has been made very, very clear that the bid of well over £5m/£7m in January was "absolutely nowhere near our valuation" for Zaha.
Be realistic, all clubs tell white lies to their fans. Show us where it is shown as fact that the bid was well over £5m/£7m. Saying 'well over £5m/£7m' doesn['t even make sense.

When? Dougie Freedman has told him to "anticipate tackles"
Sure, and I can understand that when a hard tackle is coming in, a player will try and save themselves an injury. But I'm not talking of tackles like that. Zaha did dive at Selhurst against us - there was no contact from Buckley - it was shown clearly on SSN.

It was a very good interview with the Doog, and made it clear that Wilf doesn't dive. He won't tolerate divers at the club.
Oh you naive chap. You think it's been made clear that one of your players doesn't dive by your manager. Well he's hardly going to tell the press and referees that his player is a cheat is he. I know for a fact that he does dive, because I've seen it. If the queen tells me he doesn't dive I'll still know he does. There's no need to be so defensive though, lots of players dive.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Well said! I don't think Zaha is all that. Palace finished near the bottom FFS!

We finished absolutely nowhere near the bottom. We finished as far away from you, as you finished from the playoffs. And that includes us playing our u16s in the last month, and having a back 4 made up of 3 left backs since everyone else was injured.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Of course not. It's an admission that if he has been fouled, he will sometimes choose to go to ground even if he could stay on his feet. It's simply clever play.

"Deciding whether to fall over or not is clever play" :lol:
The ref is the only person who can decide if he has been fouled or not.
You have got him on such a high pedestal that you actually believe he can make that decision, FFS, you are unreal.

D

Deleted member 18477

We finished absolutely nowhere near the bottom. We finished as far away from you, as you finished from the playoffs. And that includes us playing our u16s in the last month, and having a back 4 made up of 3 left backs since everyone else was injured.

Whatever dude, 17th! Near the bottom!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
"Deciding whether to fall over or not is clever play" :lol:
The ref is the only person who can decide if he has been fouled or not.
You have got on such a high pedestal that you actually believe he can make that decision, FFS, you are unreal.

This isn't a difficult idea to understand... If he has been tripped up and the other player has made no contact with the ball (this is easier for Wilf to get right than for the referee in many cases) then he can decide whether to go to ground with the challenge or push on if he thinks we can score.

What is the problem?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

10 points, 7 places between us, just imagine if we had any decent players :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it has been made very, very clear that the bid of well over £5m/£7m in January was "absolutely nowhere near our valuation" for Zaha.
Show us where it is shown as fact that the bid was well over £5m/£7m.
Some sources had it as well over £5m, BBC had it at £7m.

BBC Sport - Wilfried Zaha: Bolton offer £7m for Crystal Palace winger
You said it was well over £5m/£7m, and your proof is that a reporter claims the offer was £7m. Even if that report is correct, £7m is not well over £5m/£7m.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Whatever dude, 17th! Near the bottom!

Ignore the number of points achieved throughout the season then. Whatever.

All I know is, we have recieved a bid for Zaha that is three or four times higher than any bid you've ever had before, and we didn't even accept it.

When Wilf eventually goes, he will smash the transfer fee of £8.5m for Andy Johnson.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You said it was well over £5m/£7m, and your proof is that a reporter claims the offer was £7m. Even if that report is correct, £7m is not well over £5m/£7m.

Well over £5m OR E7m. Are you familiar with the use of a "/"?

Come on old chap, it's not hard :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This isn't a difficult idea to understand... If he has been tripped up and the other player has made no contact with the ball (this is easier for Wilf to get right than for the referee in many cases) then he can decide whether to go to ground with the challenge or push on if he thinks we can score.

What is the problem?

The problem is contact with the player and/or ball is not relevant when deciding if a challenge is a foul or not. The law is about how safe the challenge is in the opinion of the referee.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The problem is contact with the player and/or ball is not relevant when deciding if a challenge is a foul or not. The law is about how safe the challenge is in the opinion of the referee.

You're making it far more complicated than it needs to be. Any player will know when they have definitely been fouled.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

All I know is, we have recieved a bid for Zaha that is three or four times higher than any bid you've ever had before, and we didn't even accept it.

When Wilf eventually goes, he will smash the transfer fee of £8.5m for Andy Johnson.

Seriously, have you been sniffing glue or smoking crack?

It's all about league positions, that's the point of a league table. 4 places above relegation :lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
10 points, 7 places between us, just imagine if we had any decent players :lol:

10 points due to a. our cup run, b. massive amounts of injuries to our key players, c. your promotion momentum that has now gone, etc.

You can argue about whether we have better players than you, but you can't argue that your team is worth more than ours.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'm not ignoring the number of points. The number of points you achieved made you finish near the bottom- 17th- even though you have the 'best player in the league'. Well done crystal palace! 17th place!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Seriously, have you been sniffing glue or smoking crack?

It's all about league positions, that's the point of a league table. 4 places above relegation :lolol:

4 places or SIXTEEN POINTS. If we were close to relegation with 16 points extra, we were far closer to you :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well over £5m OR E7m. Are you familiar with the use of a "/"?

Come on old chap, it's not hard :)
Ah, good for you, you're trying to patronise me. Saying 'well over £5m/£7m' is not the same as saying 'well over £5m, or £7m', the way you used the forward slash didn't separate the £7m from the 'well over'. Who knows what you meant, maybe you used the forward slash to express a fraction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports