Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
West Ham know they can offer £3m for Winifred as he will be enticed by £30k a week wages and a massive signing on fee , only needs Palace to reject the offer and he'll put in a written transfer request straight away. No football agent in the world would be crazy enough to advise their client to stay put and wait 3 years for Man United to put in a £12M bid when they can use a intermediate bigger club as a stepping stone to the top.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
West Ham know they can offer £3m for Winifred as he will be enticed by £30k a week wages and a massive signing on fee , only needs Palace to reject the offer and he'll put in a written transfer request straight away. No football agent in the world would be crazy enough to advise their client to stay put and wait 3 years for Man United to put in a £12M bid when they can use a intermediate bigger club as a stepping stone to the top.

If this was the case then he would have done this in January. He also wouldn't have signed a 5-and-a-half year contract.

We wouldn't accept anything close to £3m. Ever.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Another fantastic young player. Saw him play against us for Watford in 2006. Was at a similar level as Wilf is now.

no disrespect because I do believe Zaha has potential but Ashley Young had the body strength and balance to stay on his feet and with the latest decision by League club chairmen on the subject that is something Zaha has to learn sooner rather than later. Even in a game where falling over theatrically has become endemic, young Wilfred takes it beyond the limits and it makes him not only less enjoyable to watch but also less effective. He wcould and should create and score many more goals for his club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If this was the case then he would have done this in January. He also wouldn't have signed a 5-and-a-half year contract.

We wouldn't accept anything close to £3m. Ever.

Bolton wouldn't have been offering anywhere like £30k a week. Signing an extension or mega long contract means nothing if a player wants to leave.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because you found it on a random forum it's suddenly true? I could search for Lionel Messi is overrated and find:

FC Barcelona: Lionel Messi World's Most Overrated Footballer | Bleacher Report

Top 5 reason why I think Lionel Messi sucks and is overrated in General Football from Football.co.uk Forum

Messi Is Overrated (There, I Said It) - Soccer : Soccer

What I meant was, nobody actually involved in the game thinks he's overrated, and the vast majority of football fans think he's superb.

EDIT: Actually, look at that first thread you linked FFS. Most of the forum is saying how great he is apart from the OP and one or two more. Overall a very positive thread.

"Well you have seen different to me, seems pacy, skilful and creates chances...."
"I agree knype, seems pacy and creative."
"He has bag loads of pace and goes past players for fun....Pennants delivery is better tho"
"Zaha as a finished article would be awesome , but can't see Tone taking he gamble tbh at this early stage of his career"
"He's young and very raw but has masses of talent. He'll be some player when he matures."
"He definately lacks discipline, but that should come with experience. Looks like the real deal to me, and seems a right feisty little bastard too."
"Watched him against Manure and was really impressed by his pace and willingness to take players on! I actually thought that he was lost for us after that impressive performance! Of course he still makes some wrong choices with the ball at his feet, but as said earlier on this thread he is still young and raw. Could become a fantastic player if he gets the right guidance. Bring him in? Yes, please!"
"good player.saw him last night pick up the ball inside his own half and carry it to the edge of their area just running at players through the middle.simple fact is that we have no one in our team that would do that at the moment and is a brilliant way of relieving pressure rather than just hoofing it upfield and giving possession straight back to the opposition"
"And has the annoying habit of appealing to the referee all the time! Not Stoke bound but bound for rooneyland"

I agree with the points you made. Forums are full of opinions, some good and some not so good. I don't really care what those threads were saying except they confounded your statement that the only place where people would have a negative view would be nsc. There are clearly other fans who share our views about Zaha. Whether we are right or wrong is neither here nor there.

Your response seems to suggest that we shouldn't pay too much creedence to what you actually say but rather pay attention to what you mean. Difficult that.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Bolton wouldn't have been offering anywhere like £30k a week. Signing an extension or mega long contract means nothing if a player wants to leave.

It means that we get a lot of money. A 5 and a half year contract is extremely long, so we can charge whatever we want or else he wont leave.

He also doesn't want to leave, he knows that Palace is the best place to develop his skills.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It means that we get a lot of money. A 5 and a half year contract is extremely long, so we can charge whatever we want or else he wont leave.

He also doesn't want to leave, he knows that Palace is the best place to develop his skills.

Must have been frustrating playing in such a dull defensive side most the season though. Freedman can't carry that on if he wants to keep the youngsters.

Say Zaha does put in a transfer request, unlikely I know, but if he did then are the board going to keep holding out for stupid money and keep an unhappy player on the books? Or would the 5 year contract mean a bit less then?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
no disrespect because I do believe Zaha has potential but Ashley Young had the body strength and balance to stay on his feet and with the latest decision by League club chairmen on the subject that is something Zaha has to learn sooner rather than later. Even in a game where falling over theatrically has become endemic, young Wilfred takes it beyond the limits and it makes him not only less enjoyable to watch but also less effective. He wcould and should create and score many more goals for his club.

This is ridiculous. You can't have seen him play more than 4 or 5 times at the most, you are just guessing. His "diving" (in reality he goes down easily but only when fouled) doesn't cost us anything. He "dives" much less than many championship players, including your own Mr. Buckley at Selhurst.

He scored 9 goals and got 5 assists last year for a team that hardly ever scored. He's a winger just turned 19 and that is a fantastic record for him to have, whether you think he dives or not. All he needs to do to improve his game is work on his passing and shooting. His dribbling is perfect, and he can show a great deal of strength. He is absolutely fantastic to watch, and his presence graces the football league.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Must have been frustrating playing in such a dull defensive side most the season though. Freedman can't carry that on if he wants to keep the youngsters.

Say Zaha does put in a transfer request, unlikely I know, but if he did then are the board going to keep holding out for stupid money and keep an unhappy player on the books? Or would the 5 year contract mean a bit less then?

It was fantastic for Zaha, because he was our main outlet. I don't think it would've been frustrating for him at all. Same for Williams when he was fit. Freedman doesn't have to carry it on. He has been slowly building the side and will continue to over the next year or two. Last year was all about the defense, and it worked well when we had our first team playing. Until we started playing the kids in the last month, we had the second fewest goals conceded in the division and 17 clean sheets.

Zaha will never put in a transfer request. He will tell the club privately that he wants to leave, and we will accept the highest offer without making it public that he wants to leave. In no circumstances short of him getting injured or failing to progress (which is also completely unlikely) will we accept anything close to the ridiculous £3m suggested earlier.

if anyone can think of a more valuable player in the Championship I'd be very surprised. He would be the most expensive, by some distance, I think.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
By the way, saying Wilf doesn't have good balance is a complete joke. He has fantastic balance, which is why he's probably the best dribbler of the ball in the Championship. Balance is a crucial part of running with the ball, and Wilf has definitely got it.

If he goes to ground, it's because he wants to go to ground, and because he has been fouled.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His "diving" (in reality he goes down easily but only when fouled)
That is not reality, that is your biased view. I have seen him dive when no contact has been made.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Perhaps we owe you an apology. Are you one of the owners?

I am not, however it has been made very, very clear that the bid of well over £5m/£7m in January was "absolutely nowhere near our valuation" for Zaha.

You don't need to be part of CPFC2010 to read what they have said and draw obvious conclusions.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
That is not reality, that is your biased view. I have seen him dive when no contact has been made.

When? Dougie Freedman has told him to "anticipate tackles", and get out of the way when a clogger like Greer or El-Abd slides in to tackle him, to avoid getting injured. It was a very good interview with the Doog, and made it clear that Wilf doesn't dive. He won't tolerate divers at the club.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"Zaha will never put in a transfer request. He will tell the club privately that he wants to leave, and we will accept the highest offer without making it public that he wants to leave."

Ha, ha! That might come back to haunt you - this is football where decisions are made by money men and agents . Some Brighton fans have faith in Gus staying "because he is loyal". I'm afraid my faith has been tested too many times :)

"if anyone can think of a more valuable player in the Championship I'd be very surprised. He would be the most expensive, by some distance, I think"

£100m at least :lol: Seriously, Jordan Rhodes may never actually play in the Championship but has a chance of going for more. If I could be seriously arsed there are probably others. The real point is that if you want to big up your players go on your own board. He is clearly an exceptional talent and rated by everyone (here included) but by persisting on here you will attract ridicule in your assessment/valuation.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Is this an admission to what we all know is that he is a diver?

Of course not. It's an admission that if he has been fouled, he will sometimes choose to go to ground even if he could stay on his feet. It's simply clever play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here