Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ummm very intresting , Some very good points made by nige here . If this is all true then it certainly paints a different picture to the whiter than thou image some of you have portrayed . So if this is correct , some local businesses were given a stark choice of take it or leave it??? Does anyone know of these businesses and wheather they managed to survive and carry on ? it would be intresting to find out . Your morally high ground has just started to get a bit slippery:nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ummm very intresting , Some very good points made by nige here . If this is all true then it certainly paints a different picture to the whiter than thou image some of you have portrayed ..:

Are you calling me a RACIST? You want to be careful making wild accusations like that. punish:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have we got a chip on our shoulder or what? People are posting like palace scummed them out of money.

They cheated the public purse out of millions of pounds. Twice. So yes, you're right.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Although we're back on the Wilf thread now, i'll respond,
When i posed the question, i specifically stated it was alledged, and i was under the impression that BHAFC/Archer had their offer accepted,and a low offer at that, was only accepted because it was that or nothing, the preverbial " gun to the head". I would like to know your take on the matter, if no companies were shortchanged,and anyone can prove it, i'll hold my hands up and appologise, but i think every one knows what went on, but maybe its better to ignore it and carry on sticking the knife in our backs about shafting our creditors.

Because we have no idea what happened in 1997. We didn't go into administration, and we don't know anything about creditors not being paid what they were owed, so you seem to be wanting an answer to a rumour.

Thank you, at last someone has had the balls to admit it happened,the gun to the head was meant in jest,a take it or get sod all ultimatum ,im sure you can see that i meant no offence

BINGO !!! What did i tell yer !!!!!!!!! Old Phillip never fails to dissapoint !!
So whats your view of BHAFC only paying 50p in the £ to creditors in 1997 (alledgedly)
Morally wrong or not ?

Ummm very intresting , Some very good points made by nige here . If this is all true then it certainly paints a different picture to the whiter than thou image some of you have portrayed . So if this is correct , some local businesses were given a stark choice of take it or leave it??? Does anyone know of these businesses and wheather they managed to survive and carry on ? it would be intresting to find out . Your morally high ground has just started to get a bit slippery:nono:

The ONLY part of this "scandal" that is evenly remotely correct is that when Archer/Stanley gained control of the Albion they did so by "suggesting" to the other Directors that if the Albion folded they would be Liable,collectively and individually for any debt,they put the frighteners on the board whilst being fully aware that the ground asset more than adequately covered the accrued debt.
No company or organisation was screwed or paid up only part in full. There was NO 50p in the pound deal.
The only time we have faced a possible winding up order was for a tax bill and we did what any well run club would do-we sold a Goalkeeper,to Leeds.
We have never done a Palarse,a pompey,a Leicester,a Derby or any of the rest,we are Brighton.We pay our way.

Last edited:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
The ONLY part of this "scandal" that is evenly remotely correct is that when Archer/Stanley gained control of the Albion they did so by "suggesting" to the other Directors that if the Albion folded they would be Liable,collectively and individually for any debt,they put the frighteners on the board whilst being fully aware that the ground asset more than adequately covered the accrued debt.
No company or organisation was screwed or paid up part in full. The only time we have faced a possible winding up order was for a tax bill and we did what any well run club would do-we sold a Goalkeeper,to Leeds.
We have never done a Palarse,a pompey,a Leicester,a Derby or any of the rest,we are Brighton.We pay our way.

Clap ******* Clap

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Clap ******* Clap

Hard to be insulted by a palarse,normally they run home before half time.so..... your man wanted an answer his mate chucked in a contribution,i gave him an answer.

To you......all palarse do is cheat and rob,your tin pot,coupon friendly club stiffs local firms and you fans loot and burn the ones that are left.

Haven't you got a bit of shoplifting to do?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Hard to be insulted by a palarse,normally they run home before half time.so..... your man wanted an answer his mate chucked in a contribution,i gave him an answer.

To you......all palarse do is cheat and rob,your tin pot,coupon friendly club stiffs local firms and you fans loot and burn the ones that are left.

Haven't you got a bit of shoplifting to do?

Coming from a Brighton fan. Oh dear.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Don't call me dear,you will sound like a Brighton Fan.

Have you no shop to burn down?no Groupon deal to apply for? no hope for next season?
No replacement for Scumhurst?
Plenty of insults thrown in here:) I think weve hit a nerve .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So no local businesses suffered then ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bloody hell - got me worried there!

I saw this thread had got back to the top of the page and I thought for a minute that Real Madrid had stumped up the £100m to tempt youngZaha from Smellhurst.............. or maybe they'd settled for a part-x with Ronaldo coming the other way.

Sadly it appears that in this, as in all things seemingly, no-one comes up to Palace's expectations

Jan 12, 2012
I'm afraid that Nigel is correct, although rather exaggerating the position with the gun to heads comment. We did owe some local business' money and were not in a position to repay the debts. An agreement was reached, amicably, for payments to be made of a percentage of the pound owed to be paid in full settlement. This payment was nearer 50p in the pound however and not 2p in the pound. or so I am led to believe.

I did say it was alleged, Hillian confirmed it, but carry on with the looting and arson quips

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
'West Ham would be unlikely to meet Palace’s valuation for Zaha and hope to secure a deal for around £3m.'

from the sun

hehe

that should piss them off (5m should be more realistic however... and still piss them off :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here