Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
BINGO !!! What did i tell yer !!!!!!!!! Old Phillip never fails to dissapoint !!
So whats your view of BHAFC only paying 50p in the £ to creditors in 1997 (alledgedly)
Morally wrong or not ?

I have no idea whether that did or didn't happen. But since we never went into administration, I imagine that if any deals were done, it would've been agreed individually with any creditors.

If I'm not mistaken, an administration involves a vote which forces all creditors to accept the majority vote. And therefore I'd have thought that it would be the smaller, more vulnerable creditors who would feel the affects most deeply.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Is this a joke?

Is BHA being accused of defaulting it's creditors??

When will the 10 points be deducted???

Or have we NOT gone in to administration and royally shafted a lot of businesses?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Is this a joke?

Is BHA being accused of defaulting it's creditors??

When will the 10 points be deducted???

Or have we NOT gone in to administration and royally shafted a lot of businesses?

No Joke.

Some no-mark Nigel is trying to equate Archer's dealings with creditors, with 4 billionaires sitting down and agreeing to buy Palace - a deal which they'd only proceed with if the terms of the CVA which was to be agreed with creditors, was sufficiently favorable to them and involved paying as few pence in the pound as possible.

Unbelievable.

Jan 12, 2012
I have no idea whether that did or didn't happen. But since we never went into administration, I imagine that if any deals were done, it would've been agreed individually with any creditors.

If I'm not mistaken, an administration involves a vote which forces all creditors to accept the majority vote. And therefore I'd have thought that it would be the smaller, more vulnerable creditors who would feel the affects most deeply.

The deal was struck, and all creditors agreed to it, at less than 50p in the £, thats whats been said tonight.
So after all the name calling and wind ups about our morally wrong club, hanging our heads in shame,blah,blah,blah, it seems you gave your creditors a take it or get nothing offer, which they agreed to, and that saved you from going out of business.
So,in a nutshell, were BHAFC morally wrong in the way they treated their local companies ?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
The deal was struck, and all creditors agreed to it, at less than 50p in the £, thats whats been said tonight.
So after all the name calling and wind ups about our morally wrong club, hanging our heads in shame,blah,blah,blah, it seems you gave your creditors a take it or get nothing offer, which they agreed to, and that saved you from going out of business.
So,in a nutshell, were BHAFC morally wrong in the way they treated their local companies ?

You're basing all this on a desperate hope that it happened. And if it did, I repeat, you can't compare an amicable agreement with your shameful administrationS. You really are on very thin ice here Nigel. Brass neck or what!

Jan 12, 2012
You're basing all this on a desperate hope that it happened. And if it did, I repeat, you can't compare an amicable agreement with your shameful administrationS. You really are on very thin ice here Nigel. Brass neck or what!

Lets assume that it did happen,forget the thin ice, and lets put our shameful administrations to one side for a minute, are you comfortable in the fact that local companies had to settled for less then half of what was owed to them ?

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Have we got a chip on our shoulder or what? People are posting like palace scummed them out of money.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Lets assume that it did happen,forget the thin ice, and lets put our shameful administrations to one side for a minute, are you comfortable in the fact that local companies had to settled for less then half of what was owed to them ?

Back on topic. Zaha is still not half the player you think he is. :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

We probably wont ever know what the creditors got percentage wise as individual agreements would have been made instead of collectively. Just flicking through "Build A Bonfire" , nothing specifically is mentioned but what is interesting is at the time of the takeover lots of non disclosure and confidentiality forms were being signed by all parties.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it seems you gave your creditors a take it or get nothing offer, which they agreed to, and that saved you from going out of business.
Even IF there was truth in your accusations, it certainly didn't stop us going out of business. Archer would have been lying to them like he lied to everyone else. He made a lovely fat profit on us, we weren't going out of business.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're asking Brighton fans if the actions of Bill Archer were morally wrong, and whether we're comfortable with what he did? Der.

So your comparing your owners, with Bill Archer. Blimey.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're asking Brighton fans if the actions of Bill Archer were morally wrong, and whether we're comfortable with what he did? Der.

Bill Archer would have kept the whole £40M raised from selling Zaha if he had invested £50 in buying Palace shares at 1p each.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Nail on head.

Also he is missing the point that Brighton fans mention the double admin almost always as a COUNTER to Palace's empty, shallow, meaningless boast about how they cheated their way to staying top 2 divisions for 35 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here