Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 12, 2012
Actually..no. This is a Brighton and Hove Albion forum for Brighton fans........not a Question & Answer site for any passing gypsies in their caravans from other clubs.

But its regarding Brightons financial record, when they shafted local companies by holding a gun to their heads ? Ok, pretend im a fellow weed fan then, will you compile a list for me, go on, don't be a spoilsport.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I understand all that,but why should CPFC 2010 be held accoutable and pay back all monies to the creditors ? Going by that logic,should TB pay back all the monies owed to the companies back in 1997, as a goodwill gesture ??
Of course not, he's not responsible for Archers f**k ups, is he ?

oops, deleted.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If its evidence you want, cjd yer man.
So you reckon it didn't happen ? Alledgedly im under the impression it did, without firearms of course

You,re not under any "impression". You are just a f***ing idiot troll from Crystal Palace, who for reasons unknown, spends his time on another clubs forum...(presumably, because his own clubs forum is devoid of any intelligent life).

Our inept Moderators tolerate you on the basis that you enrich NSC. I fail to see how.

Jan 12, 2012
You,re not under any "impression". You are just a f***ing idiot troll from Crystal Palace, who for reasons unknown, spends his time on another clubs forum...(presumably, because his own clubs forum is devoid of any intelligent life).

Our inept Moderators tolerate you on the basis that you enrich NSC. I fail to see how.

I like debate, which was going ok tonight until the likes of you,Easy 10, and in a minute, Philsussex, turn up and spoil a serious discussion about something that alledgedly happened in 1997,so if you dont mind, i'd like to continue.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How much did TB buy the club for ? I thought it was given to him !
He wasn't taking it over by not paying the creditors. The creditors that you allege wrote off some debt were well before TB's time and nothing to do with his take-over. That's not the same as CPFC2010 that bought the club largely by not paying the existing creditors. Suggesting TB should pay off some people that we don't know about from 97 is like saying CPFC2010 should pay back the creditors from the first administration too.

Jan 12, 2012
He wasn't taking it over by not paying the creditors. The creditors that you allege wrote off some debt were well before TB's time and nothing to do with his take-over. That's not the same as CPFC2010 that bought the club largely by not paying the existing creditors. Suggesting TB should pay off some people that we don't know about from 97 is like saying CPFC2010 should pay back the creditors from the first administration too.

We're going round in circles here aren't we ? I still haven't had a explaination about 1997, so time to get this thread back on track,

Cor, that Wilf Zaha ! What a player !!
I think i'll be our first £10 million player .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like debate, which was going ok tonight until the likes of you,Easy 10, and in a minute, Philsussex, turn up and spoil a serious discussion about something that alledgedly happened in 1997,so if you dont mind, i'd like to continue.

How have I "spoiled" a serious discussion ?

All I've done is ask you to back up your claim that BHAFC "put a gun to creditors heads in 1997". If you can't come up with jack shit well thats hardly my fault is it.

Its all the same on BBS with you lot. Raise a few subjects you're uncomfortable with, come out with a few home truths and you all start crying like bitches.

I DARED to challenge your mobs assertions that "Crystal Palace would have ceased to exist if they're been relegated to L1" in that final match at Hillsborough a couple of years ago when you just about stayed up, and you'd have thought I'd raped everyones sister.

Sensitive souls.

I'm afraid that Nigel is correct, although rather exaggerating the position with the gun to heads comment. We did owe some local business' money and were not in a position to repay the debts. An agreement was reached, amicably, for payments to be made of a percentage of the pound owed to be paid in full settlement. This payment was nearer 50p in the pound however and not 2p in the pound. or so I am led to believe.

Jan 12, 2012
How have I "spoiled" a serious discussion ?

All I've done is ask you to back up your claim that BHAFC "put a gun to creditors heads in 1997". If you can't come up with jack shit well thats hardly my fault is it.

Its all the same on BBS with you lot. Raise a few subjects you're uncomfortable with, come out with a few home truths and you all start crying like bitches.

I DARED to challenge your mobs assertions that "Crystal Palace would have ceased to exist if they're been relegated to L1" in that final match at Hillsborough a couple of years ago when you just about stayed up, and you'd have thought I'd raped everyones sister.

Sensitive souls.

Although we're back on the Wilf thread now, i'll respond,
When i posed the question, i specifically stated it was alledged, and i was under the impression that BHAFC/Archer had their offer accepted,and a low offer at that, was only accepted because it was that or nothing, the preverbial " gun to the head". I would like to know your take on the matter, if no companies were shortchanged,and anyone can prove it, i'll hold my hands up and appologise, but i think every one knows what went on, but maybe its better to ignore it and carry on sticking the knife in our backs about shafting our creditors.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're going round in circles here aren't we ? I still haven't had a explaination about 1997
Because we have no idea what happened in 1997. We didn't go into administration, and we don't know anything about creditors not being paid what they were owed, so you seem to be wanting an answer to a rumour.

Jan 12, 2012
I'm afraid that Nigel is correct, although rather exaggerating the position with the gun to heads comment. We did owe some local business' money and were not in a position to repay the debts. An agreement was reached, amicably, for payments to be made of a percentage of the pound owed to be paid in full settlement. This payment was nearer 50p in the pound however and not 2p in the pound. or so I am led to believe.

Thank you, at last someone has had the balls to admit it happened,the gun to the head was meant in jest,a take it or get sod all ultimatum ,im sure you can see that i meant no offence

Last edited:

Jan 12, 2012
Lots of barrel scraping going on from our friend Nigel tonight. You lot really are trying to feed on scraps these days aren't you :lolol:

BINGO !!! What did i tell yer !!!!!!!!! Old Phillip never fails to dissapoint !!
So whats your view of BHAFC only paying 50p in the £ to creditors in 1997 (alledgedly)
Morally wrong or not ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
BINGO !!! What did i tell yer !!!!!!!!! Old Phillip never fails to dissapoint !!
So whats your view of BHAFC only paying 50p in the £ to creditors in 1997 (alledgedly)
Morally wrong or not ?

Don't think you'll get any arguments on here about the way Archer operated financially, or where his moral compass was pointed, after buying the club for 50 odd quid and walking away with hundreds of thousands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports