Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If anyone is interested in a more detailed list of creditors, then hae a look at the PDF link here

http://195.171.95.190/portal/ice/finalReports/19520101458481.pdf

Pages 4 to 11 is the list of creditors, although bear in mind these were just the ones who turned up to the meeting of creditors. There will have been many, many more who were absent, owing to the fact they were aware they'd only be getting a Palace Pound (ie less than 2p in the £) towards what they were owed, and so had already written it off themselves and no doubt chalked it down to experience.

Wow. I knew they screwed over creditors, but according to that they were into human trafficking as well. They owed one creditor a season ticket holder.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The bottom line is that it really is shameful for any professional football club these days to end up in administration with creditors being stiffed, let alone doing it twice. It's an absolute stain on the game that clubs with their multi million pound payroll can't find the money to pay the St Johns Ambulance or local caterers and cleaners, and all because they're too scared to drop down a division by paying cheaper players. And why? So that a few mongs can talk "proudly" about 35 years in the top two divisions.

Well it doesn't impress me. In fact, I'm far more impressed by, say, Hartlepool's ability to get into league one and attract gates of over 5,000 with 4,000 STHs to a club representing a town half the size of Crawley.

And on a wider point, it's high time the game paid it's way in a sustainable manner. Just don't expect clubs lacking class such as Crystal Palace, or even worse, Portsmouth, to lead the way.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The bottom line is that it really is shameful for any professional football club these days to end up in administration with creditors being stiffed, let alone doing it twice. It's an absolute stain on the game that clubs with their multi million pound payroll can't find the money to pay the St Johns Ambulance or local caterers and cleaners, and all because they're too scared to drop down a division by paying cheaper players. And why? So that a few mongs can talk "proudly" about 35 years in the top two divisions.

Well it doesn't impress me. In fact, I'm far more impressed by, say, Hartlepool's ability to get into league one and attract gates of over 5,000 with 4,000 STHs to a club representing a town half the size of Crawley.

And on a wider point, it's high time the game paid it's way in a sustainable manner. Just don't expect clubs lacking class such as Crystal Palace, or even worse, Portsmouth, to lead the way.

Excellent post there Sim.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If anyone is interested in a more detailed list of creditors, then have a look at the PDF link here

http://195.171.95.190/portal/ice/finalReports/19520101458481.pdf

Pages 4 to 11 is the list of creditors, although bear in mind these were just the ones who turned up to the meeting of creditors. There will have been many, many more who were absent, owing to the fact they were aware they'd only be getting a Palace Pound (ie less than 2p in the £) towards what they were owed, and so had already written it off themselves and no doubt chalked it down to experience.

The well known businesses are one thing, but there are so many "little people" there stiffed out of their money by CPFC and CPFC2010.

Thanks for posting that Easy.

I believe the total debt was in the region of £25million. I see Jordan was allowed to vote with a £1.9million debt......not quite 90%, the 'all informative and lecturing' Making Plans for Nigel, led us to believe.

In defence of Jordan, he did, over the years put a huge amount of money into Palace ( ?£30 million)......the club that CPFC 2010s owners state they 'love'.How odd, that the new owners, who are such 'fans', stiffed over the benefactor who had got them out of a previous administration and funded their beloved club for so many years. It would be a bit like us, if we became billionaires and Tony Bloom fell on hard times , offering him a 1p in the pound for his £100million+ with the parting words ....."shit happens....f*** you...tough luck sonny".

Stinks really doesn't it...?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Apparently League tables only matter if you finish in the top six or the bottom three now. Us finishing above them is totally irrelevant according to many on the BBS.

You have to admire Palace fans really. They come on here and tell us that they have the best keeper in the division, the best left back, the best holding midfielder, the best right winger, the best young coach and an academy that's the envy of most of world football.. and then stumble home in 17th apparently happy with 'progress' under Freedman.

Strange lot.

If they had finished above us you know for a fact they would of been on here giving us a load of shit.

Spot on.

I can't believe they way Palace supporters try and brush a double admin under the carpet as if it is acceptable behaviour because it happens in business.

Perhaps if the new owners of Palace had paid off these debts people would be a bit more understanding - but they didn't. Perhaps if Palace had done a Wimbledon and reformed at the bottom of the pyramid and disassociated themselves from the previous regime people would be a bit more understanding - but they didn't.

However, to crow about having been in the top 2 divisions for 30 odd years without a doff of the cap to the administration years is shameful and shows them up for what they are. Footballs bottom feeders.:ohmy:

Typed from a higher moral position

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
If i needed lecturing about anything phallus , it certainly wouldnt be from you . The biggest troll going preaching from the moral high ground :smile: Dont make me laugh !

If i needed lecturing about anything phallus , it certainly wouldnt be from you . The biggest troll going preaching from the moral high ground :smile: Dont make me laugh !

I wouldn't expect anyone from Palace to understand morals - whoever you may be.:ffsparr:

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011

You're wrong on several accounts here I'm afraid.

I would be lying to say that I'm proud of us being in administration. But is it mine, or the other thousands of Palace fans' fault, that we have? No, it isn't. If you accuse us of wishing for success and having that as a reason for accepting chairmen who piss money away like Jordan and Goldberg, then that's another thing, but find me one team in the world who doesn't want more success, more players, more wins? Fans aren't aware of the financial intricacies of their football club, nor should they be, as they would be able to do f*** all about it. Should we have smelt a rat with Jordan after Goldberg? Maybe, but his continual claims that he was looking to sell the club, coupled with the fact that he'd brought us out of administration masked over the fact that he was quickly running out of money.

I won't go over the fact that we, as fans, paid for the costs of St John's ambulance, and campaigned vigorously to instate CPFC2010, as you lot seem dissinterested by that.

In terms of sustainable management, I think you'll find that we are now one of the frontrunners in England. We have slashed our wage bill by selling on those on higher wages, we have an academy that pays for itself, the owners have documented the cost of running the club and, if you remove the renewals of season tickets from people who brought them in the Jordan era, we are one of the most financially proficient clubs in the league, and unlike you, we aren't spunking millions on big name signings in the hope that we get promoted.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You're wrong on several accounts here I'm afraid.

I would be lying to say that I'm proud of us being in administration. But is it mine, or the other thousands of Palace fans' fault, that we have? No, it isn't. If you accuse us of wishing for success and having that as a reason for accepting chairmen who piss money away like Jordan and Goldberg, then that's another thing, but find me one team in the world who doesn't want more success, more players, more wins? Fans aren't aware of the financial intricacies of their football club, nor should they be, as they would be able to do f*** all about it. Should we have smelt a rat with Jordan after Goldberg? Maybe, but his continual claims that he was looking to sell the club, coupled with the fact that he'd brought us out of administration masked over the fact that he was quickly running out of money.

I won't go over the fact that we, as fans, paid for the costs of St John's ambulance, and campaigned vigorously to instate CPFC2010, as you lot seem dissinterested by that.

In terms of sustainable management, I think you'll find that we are now one of the frontrunners in England. We have slashed our wage bill by selling on those on higher wages, we have an academy that pays for itself, the owners have documented the cost of running the club and, if you remove the renewals of season tickets from people who brought them in the Jordan era, we are one of the most financially proficient clubs in the league, and unlike you, we aren't spunking millions on big name signings in the hope that we get promoted.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336668379.461472.jpg

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Bless, is that part of your "sustainable management", you know - the one where palace are running at a loss?

Because I'm such a nice person and I can't really be bothered to explain it to you, here are the facts. Pretty much no club at this level is financially even; almost all of them operate on a loss.

These show that 4/5th's of our loss in the first year of CPFC 2010 being owners was 'goodwill payments', or renewing season tickets and the like, so we worked at about a 1 million pound loss in real terms last year, which isn't bad for a club like us who were near the bottom of the league.

This season, and I may be wrong, I predict the figures to be even smaller, given that we got rid of players such as Claude Davis, Neil Danns and Alan Lee, some of the biggest wages on our list, spent less money on players than the previous season, and had a very profitable cup run.

Here are the links, but don't worry your pretty little head about facts; keep posting up nice pictures instead...
Championship Clubs Financial Results 2010-11 | The Scratching Shed - Leeds United
Crystal Palace post £5m loss From Croydon Guardian)

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Because I'm such a nice person and I can't really be bothered to explain it to you, here are the facts. Pretty much no club at this level is financially even; almost all of them operate on a loss.

These show that 4/5th's of our loss in the first year of CPFC 2010 being owners was 'goodwill payments', or renewing season tickets and the like, so we worked at about a 1 million pound loss in real terms last year, which isn't bad for a club like us who were near the bottom of the league.

This season, and I may be wrong, I predict the figures to be even smaller, given that we got rid of players such as Claude Davis, Neil Danns and Alan Lee, some of the biggest wages on our list, spent less money on players than the previous season, and had a very profitable cup run.

Here are the links, but don't worry your pretty little head about facts; keep posting up nice pictures instead...
Championship Clubs Financial Results 2010-11 | The Scratching Shed - Leeds United
Crystal Palace post £5m loss From Croydon Guardian)

So you're going to lose less money next season then, if you're lucky. Obviously when you sell zahahaha for £298bn your club will (for once) be able run for a year at least not at a loss, but losing your best player will surely mean an even lower finish in the table........

Jan 12, 2012
Back in 1997, lots of money was owed by BHAFC to local businesses. Its my understanding that an offer was made to these companies by BHAFC, that was far less then that was due. They were " persuaded " by BHAFC to accept this offer, which they agreed to in the end.Now if this was a ploy by Archer to line his pockets, i don't know,but the facts are that local companies WERE shortchanged by BHAFC/ Archer.
Now im not claiming this story is 100% fact, or even 90% ( here i go again),but if its true, thats certainly a blot of your whiter then white financial history, isn't it ?
"OUR LOT" have been accused of shabbily treating our local businesses and communities, but your alledged treatment of local companies, years prior to us, have slipped under the radar for some reason .
Now if anyone can put meat on the bones to this story, im all ears.
Cheers
Nigel

Jan 12, 2012
Wow. I knew they screwed over creditors, but according to that they were into human trafficking as well. They owed one creditor a season ticket holder.

As a season ticket holder,who had renewed for the following season,i was a creditor. But like all the other season ticket holders,we waived our rights to a refund ( only small i know) By our actions, the list of creditors was reduced significantly,thus allowing the club to exit administration.
As a goodwill gesture,CPFC 2010 honoured ALL season tickets pre sold, costing them around £4/5 million ( ALLEDGEDLY !!!)

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Back in 1997, lots of money was owed by BHAFC to local businesses. Its my understanding that an offer was made to these companies by BHAFC, that was far less then that was due. They were " persuaded " by BHAFC to accept this offer, which they agreed to in the end.Now if this was a ploy by Archer to line his pockets, i don't know,but the facts are that local companies WERE shortchanged by BHAFC/ Archer.
Now im not claiming this story is 100% fact, or even 90% ( here i go again),but if its true, thats certainly a blot of your whiter then white financial history, isn't it ?
"OUR LOT" have been accused of shabbily treating our local businesses and communities, but your alledged treatment of local companies, years prior to us, have slipped under the radar for some reason .
Now if anyone can put meat on the bones to this story, im all ears.
Cheers
Nigel

Have BHAFC been in administration?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here