Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Where were these fans two years ago when you couldn't fill a 7000 seater stadium?
Didn't want to sit in the rain in a stadium like a library with no roof and no atmosphere and terrible facilities. Don't blame them to be honest.
Exactly. We were here, we went to many games, just not all of them. People that were going to 6 home games a year are now getting season tickets.

It's funny, because when we sold over 17k season tickets for our first season, all the Palace fans said we'd be down to crowds of under 15k for the second season. Seems you were all wrong - man up and admit it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Exactly. We were here, we went to many games, just not all of them. People that were going to 6 home games a year are now getting season tickets.

It's funny, because when we sold over 17k season tickets for our first season, all the Palace fans said we'd be down to crowds of under 15k for the second season. Seems you were all wrong - man up and admit it.
It is funny that the wilderness years were so grim that the blindingly obvious at the moment can even be questioned. Despite all of the crap we retained a fanbase that was all things considered remarkably "loyal". The events of the last 18 months are just proving it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it makes you feel any better, the vast amount of the debt (90%) was to Simon Jordan, and he accepted the 2p in the £ to stop the club going to the wall.
Well that does make me smile a little.
why dont the usual suspects have a whip round and make a donation to, say for arguments sake,the" Lets Firebomb Croydon" Youth Project ?
Fixed.
Oh come on, i thought us football fans stuck together in times of need. Don't you remember fans day at the Goldstone ? Even Palace fans attended !!
Your not talking about supporting a club that's in trouble, you're talking about paying local businesses what they were owed. The reason people here think CPFC2010's actions are shameful, is because you keep telling us they're multi-billionaires. If that's true, they should have paid the local business what they were owed, the figure would have been insignificant compared to their wealth, they never would have noticed it.
It is funny that the wilderness years were so grim that the blindingly obvious at the moment can even be questioned. Despite all of the crap we retained a fanbase that was all things considered remarkably "loyal". The events of the last 18 months are just proving it.
Exactly. Palace fans have no idea how grim it was. Selhurst is, by comparison, a palace.

Jan 12, 2012
Well that does make me smile a little.
Fixed.
Your not talking about supporting a club that's in trouble, you're talking about paying local businesses what they were owed. The reason people here think CPFC2010's actions are shameful, is because you keep telling us they're multi-billionaires. If that's true, they should have paid the local business what they were owed, the figure would have been insignificant compared to their wealth, they never would have noticed it.
Exactly. Palace fans have no idea how grim it was. Selhurst is, by comparison, a palace.

As i've previously stated, SJ was the biggest creditor, and he accepted the offer to save the club. All this talk of local businesses going out of business is just something thats gathered momentum of here, i wonder why ? Is there any evidence of this ?
The owners seem decent fella's, im sure if the NSC rumours were true, and local businesses were affected,they would of helped them,but to be honest, its a load of old bollocks.

Jan 12, 2012
No no no, just no mate. No. 'Shit happens' suggests it was somehow an act of God, out of your hands, unavoidable. Bullshit. Your lot were one hundred percent responsible and don't ever think otherwise.

I dont like the term " your lot ", as your implying us fans are partly responsible ? We, as fans, cant be held accountable for 2 chairmens f**k ups can we ? We were appalled by the administrations and miss managements as much as you,but what could we do ?
We raised money and set up a trust, that is still active, so to take the morale high ground and take cheap shots is out of order .
Granted, my " shit happens" post wasn't very clever, but dont make out the fans and new owners are any way responsible for past events.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I dont like the term " your lot ", as your implying us fans are partly responsible ? We, as fans, cant be held accountable for 2 chairmens f**k ups can we ? We were appalled by the administrations and miss managements as much as you,but what could we do ?
We raised money and set up a trust, that is still active, so to take the morale high ground and take cheap shots is out of order .
Granted, my " shit happens" post wasn't very clever, but dont make out the fans and new owners are any way responsible for past events.
True, as fans you were not responsible. I don't think most people on here are suggesting that you were.

It was Crystal Palace FC that was responsible and whatever name the next holding company goes under, it'll always be Cystal Palace FC that is tainted with that shoddy reputation.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Of course its not right,but untill they change the laws of administration, it will carry on. If it makes you feel any better, the vast amount of the debt (90%) was to Simon Jordan, and he accepted the 2p in the £ to stop the club going to the wall.

90%....? Really.....? Would you care to put a list of the creditors and the amounts they were owed at the time of your administration....?

Last edited:

Jan 12, 2012
True, as fans you were not responsible. I don't think most people on here are suggesting that you were.

It was Crystal Palace FC that was responsible and whatever name the next holding company goes under, it'll always be Cystal Palace FC that is tainted with that shoddy reputation.

Im sure you'll keep that shoddy rep tag going till your dying day, won't you Phillip !

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

Nope, I meant your lot as in your club, your board, whatever. If you'd like to point out where in my post I said 'your fans and new owners are responsible for past events' that'd be excellent. Pray do tell, where did I say that?

Jan 12, 2012
90%....? Really.....? Would you care to put a list of the debtors and the amounts they were owed at the time of your administration....?

Sorry, haven't got the time or the inclination, but feel free to find it and publish it, if you wish.
Its no secret that Jordan was by far the biggest creditor, he moaned about it enough ! Im sure you could find the details easily enough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The owners seem decent fella's, im sure if the NSC rumours were true, and local businesses were affected,they would of helped them,but to be honest, its a load of old bollocks.
Do you know how much was written off altogether?
I agree with you completely. A lot of Brighton fans bring up the administration point in relation to the odd Palace fans celebrating 35 years in the top two divisions, simply to point out that the club (not the fans) bought their league position by failing to pay their bills. The subject also gets brought up when Palace fans are talking about how much money their owners have and how they're going to push for the premiership - in this situation the point is raised to take the piss (as you'd expect).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sorry, haven't got the time or the inclination, but feel free to find it and publish it, if you wish.
Its no secret that Jordan was by far the biggest creditor, he moaned about it enough ! Im sure you could find the details easily enough.

You quite clearly stated that 90% of the debt was owed to Jordan.

Now...come, come.......do tell us the truth......it wasn't 90% was it nigel....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here