Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Where were these fans two years ago when you couldn't fill a 7000 seater stadium?

Could you not read one of the thousands of posts on here answering that very question rather than pose it again? In fact you don't really need to, it doesn't take a genius to work out the answer.

The point most Palace fans seem to miss is that these people haven't sprung out of the ground. People who previously have had zero interest in BHAFC or never attended a game don't suddenly decided to spend at least £400 just because a new stadium has appeared. If there is it must be a tiny, tiny percentage. It is far more logical to assume that people who were put off regular attendance by Withdean, people who lost the habit of attending every week because of Gillingham and Withdean are coming back rather than an entirely new fan base occurring all together. I think the phrase used is Johnny-Comebacks rather than JCL's.

Of course it would have been great if they were there when we needed them most but after Gillingham and all those years at Withdean I really don't blame anyone who didn't go (I say that as a Withdean ST holder) because it was truly, truly dire. Having the experience week in week out of having to go there I'm still amazed we had as many people turning up as we did.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Steve Parish has said that we've got another couple of years going for promotion with no financial concerns, but after that period we're going to have to sell a player if we are losing money (probably Zaha). He has said that on the BBS, and he told me the same thing.

Worst case scenario, we don't get promoted and have to accept a lower fee for Zaha (anything above the already rejected £7m). We use that money to ensure we have broken even overall for the last 3 years, and then we rebuild with the new academy kids.

This year, if for some reason the Clyne money wasn't reinvested, we'd have broken even. We were losing £3m-ish before the cup run, which earned us £1m. We're getting somewhere around £3m for Clyne says Steve Parish, so there are no problems. Dougie then gets a "play-offs sized transfer budget" as promised, and we're looking good punk:

No, the worst case scenario is that you don't get promoted and for whatever reason(injuries, loss of form, lack of progress etc) Zaha doesn't bring in the required funds.

I find it amazing that this appears to be the business model that the club are promoting and the fans seem to be o.k with it.

If I've understood(and I'm happy to be corrected if I haven't) the quotes posted from CPFC2010 and the posts on the subject by you and other palace fans the situation appears to be this:

1)You're making an annual loss of several million pounds.

2)This season's loss will be covered by the cup run and the fee for Clyne.

3)Despite the annual losses-or because this season you've managed to break even-Freedman will be given a larger playing budget, one that will allow you to get into the top six.

4)This increased budget will inevitably lead to increased annual losses.

5)These losses will be covered by promotion to the premier league. Or, if that doesn't happen, the sale of Zaha.

Is that about right? CPFC are not only spending money they don't have but are going to spend more money that they don't have on the gamble that they'll either get to the premier league or will have a salable asset that will cover all the debts? This is your definition of a sustainable business model? Really?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I count that as two, not the 'only'. YOu can add the right end of the A23 for starters.

I like your question on that thread:

Why did you not consider a DD scheme when you first took over the club? The board is supposedly obscenelu rich, why did you not think of catering for the average man/woman/child who could not, necessarily, afford to pay all in one go?

You saved yourselves money by waiting until the 11th hour (whilst non-footballing creditors suffered), but didn't think to benefit the life blood of the club?

Looking forward to see if you get an answer. Though I expect it'll be deleted and you'll be banished to the away end.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
The trouble at Palace is really that they have 4 different owners, each of which may want to waste their personal money on the team to a greater or lesser degree.

One can come out banging on about promotion and playoff budgets, but perhaps the other billionaires arn't so keen. We keep getting told how reluctant they were as owners, certainly reluctant in reality to pay off the Palace debts.. are they all as happy to keep on digging into their pockets as each other?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Spot on. CMS is well worth what we paid and that will show next season. Palarse fans haven't watched him regularly and are guessing. And even if we had paid too much what's the big fuss? We're OK for money thanks Palace. As for Zaha - great player but a complete cheat and cheated to scrape them the draw at shitehurst (otherwise it would have been THIRTEEN points we THRASHED them by THIS SEASON). Sweeeet.

PS - VERY VERY VERY much doubt Palace turned down SEVEN MILLION POUNDS in Jan. Paper talk / deluded Palarse talk.

There we go ! :thumbsup:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The trouble at Palace is really that they have 4 different owners, each of which may want to waste their personal money on the team to a greater or lesser degree.

One can come out banging on about promotion and playoff budgets, but perhaps the other billionaires arn't so keen. We keep getting told how reluctant they were as owners, certainly reluctant in reality to pay off the Palace debts.. are they all as happy to keep on digging into their pockets as each other?

Reluctant owners?

"That is complete and utter bollocks. Don't worry about that. We may have been reluctant buyers originally, only stepping in because no-one else would, but we absolutely love owning Palace. CPFC is not for sale. No way." - CPFC2010

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Reluctant owners?

"That is complete and utter bollocks. Don't worry about that. We may have been reluctant buyers originally, only stepping in because no-one else would, but we absolutely love owning Palace. CPFC is not for sale. No way." - CPFC2010

Hardly likely to say anything else now, are they.

Waited like vultures till the last minute, then stepped in once 98% of the debt had been written off and all the creditors had been well and truly stiffed once again.

Classy.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Hardly likely to say anything else now, are they.

Waited like vultures till the last minute, then stepped in once 98% of the debt had been written off and all the creditors had been well and truly stiffed once again.

Classy.

And the fans love to remind everyone that the club is owned by billionaires. As you say, really classy and would make me so proud of my club if we did that

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And the fans love to remind everyone that the club is owned by billionaires. As you say, really classy and would make me so proud of my club if we did that

Indeed.

Still, 35 years in the top 2 divisions. Thats the IMPORTANT thing - something else they are always so proud to remind us of. Class owners, class fans eh ?

Indeed.

Still, 35 years in the top 2 divisions. Thats the IMPORTANT thing - something else they are always so proud to remind us of. Class owners, class fans eh ?

Yep - 35 years in the top 2 divs , 7 million people living within 15 miles radius and 8,000 season tickets sold - piss poor is a "massive" understatement.:lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Reluctant owners?

Your 'owner' said that?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here