Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You hope. From CPFC2010 themselves, there are NOT ENOUGH fans, the owners are having to dip into their own pockets and will sell players to keep the club going if they have to.

Anyone got a TIMES account that can publish the full article about how Palace don't have enough fans so they have to sell their players.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone got a TIMES account that can publish the full article about how Palace don't have enough fans so they have to sell their players.

I was actually going by a previous statement made by CPFC2010, not from this specific article.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
We have no need to sell Wilf.

As a season ticket holder and a regular at many away games, I can confirm that his progress has been very good this season.

His goal against you lot and overrall performance has clearly been erased from your memories, he completely changed that game.

And yet, I don't think he's a better player than Moses or Williams, the former being courted by several top Premier league clubs.

Zaha's a great player and will play in the premiership in the next few years, but he still has a lot to learn. That's my attempt at a balanced view of things.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have no need to sell Wilf.

As a season ticket holder and a regular at many away games, I can confirm that his progress has been very good this season.

His goal against you lot and overrall performance has clearly been erased from your memories, he completely changed that game.

And yet, I don't think he's a better player than Moses or Williams, the former being courted by several top Premier league clubs.

Zaha's a great player and will play in the premiership in the next few years, but he still has a lot to learn. That's my attempt at a balanced view of things.

If my memory serves me correctly taricco had him in his pocket until he went off on 60 minutes at which point Zaha came to life. He clearly has potential if managed correctly but from what I have seen I share your view he has a long way to go to be a top premiership player (and to command the kind of price tag that is being banded about)

Time will tell though.

Jan 12, 2012
Im sure the owners will sell certain players to balance the books,isn't that better then keep throwing money at it like other clubs,and getting deeper in debt ? I think its the sensible way forward for a club like us. If Zaha goe's, it will be on our terms,for top money,so don't get your knickers in a twist about a financial meltdown, although some of you seem to relish in other clubs financial shortfalls.
Make the most of Blooms millions,you're very fortunate, but don't forget where you came from.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Im sure the owners will sell certain players to balance the books,isn't that better then keep throwing money at it like other clubs,and getting deeper in debt ? I think its the sensible way forward for a club like us. If Zaha goe's, it will be on our terms,for top money,so don't get your knickers in a twist about a financial meltdown, although some of you seem to relish in other clubs financial shortfalls.
Make the most of Blooms millions,you're very fortunate, but don't forget where you came from.

See this is what I don't quite get, on one hand were told that any sales will be used in the transfer market to strengthen the team and then 5 minutes later that it will be used to balance the books. You can't have it both ways, which is it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Confirmed as bullshit by CPFC2010 on the BBS.

"Care to comment on this article Steve?" *pastes article*
"Yep, it's crap"

A certain Mr Bellotti said exactly the same sort of thing when asked about The Goldstone being sold to clear the club debts. He truthfully answered the question but the wrong question had been asked.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

I'll do you a deal.

We won't forget where we came from if you stop giving us prudence based financial advice...given your own history of doing exactly the opposite ;)

Jan 12, 2012
See this is what I don't quite get, on one hand were told that any sales will be used in the transfer market to strengthen the team and then 5 minutes later that it will be used to balance the books. You can't have it both ways, which is it?

Why can't you have it both ways ?
Say we have a £2 mill shortfall, and we get £2 mill for Clyne in compo, then fees for other players,why can't you make up the shortfall,then invest the rest on team strenghtening ? Im just glad we are not in a position to blow £3 mill on a 3rd division headless chicken !

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

At the moment, it's straight back into player sales. "We won't be taking funds from any player sales out of the club" was the official line a few weeks ago, and any money goes straight back into Dougie's budget.

Steve Parish has said that we've got another couple of years going for promotion with no financial concerns, but after that period we're going to have to sell a player if we are losing money (probably Zaha). He has said that on the BBS, and he told me the same thing.

Worst case scenario, we don't get promoted and have to accept a lower fee for Zaha (anything above the already rejected £7m). We use that money to ensure we have broken even overall for the last 3 years, and then we rebuild with the new academy kids.

This year, if for some reason the Clyne money wasn't reinvested, we'd have broken even. We were losing £3m-ish before the cup run, which earned us £1m. We're getting somewhere around £3m for Clyne says Steve Parish, so there are no problems. Dougie then gets a "play-offs sized transfer budget" as promised, and we're looking good punk:

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I'll do you a deal.

We won't forget where we came from if you stop giving us prudence based financial advice...given your own history of doing exactly the opposite ;)

We're probably the best fans to listen to for "prudence based financial advice" - we've learnt the consequences of overspending better than anyone (except maybe Pompey) and under CPFC2010 we're not going to make that mistake again.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We're probably the best fans to listen to for "prudence based financial advice" - we've learnt the consequences of overspending better than anyone (except maybe Pompey) and under CPFC2010 we're not going to make that mistake again.

What by relying on selling academy products to cover your substantial losses? Yes sounds terribly sustainable

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
If only there was a Palace equivalent of NSC.

You're more than welcome on the BBS Away End - we just don't let you lot talk about Palace on our General boards. It tends to lower the standard of posting. If we let the likes of Easy 10 and Wehatepalace on our main boards I dread to think what sort of environment that would be.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
What by relying on selling academy products to cover your substantial losses? Yes sounds terribly sustainable

In what way is that NOT sustainable you loon? Isn't "selling players to cover your losses" what you were saying we SHOULD have been doing while we were overspending? Isn't that what you have been doing for years and claiming that it makes you honorable and sporting? You can't have it both ways chap.

We lose roughly £2m-£3m per year without any cup runs or player sales. If we sell a player like Zaha every 3-4 years we make all of our money back. Geddit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here