Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
No, no, no. Ticket sales are up don't you know, If all goes to plan they are looking like shifting 8,000 for next season. Although how many of these are the free ones to kids is yet to be seen.

Their owners have said that they do not receive income from 1,000 of those tickets. Kiddie freebies and Jordan long term deals. Pretty poor.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's all about opinions,we rate him,you dont.IF he reaches his full potential,he will play at the top level,but he needs to be managed properly,like he's getting at palace. If he leaves too soon,he'll struggle with all the pressures that a big move will bring. On his day he's unplayable, and with more games under his belt, those days will be more frequent. The best prospect I've seen at palace in my 40 odd years of supporting them.

You guys are of course better placed to make a judgement on him, but I must have seen him nearly 10 times this season, and each time has been the same. Tricks and skills to make himself space, but not too much else. Occasionally he'll put a decent ball in the box, more often than not he'll lose it. Then there's his attitude problems which he needs to sort, but that shouldn't be too hard for a decent manager to deal with.

At his current performance levels he must be worth about £750k to a Championship side. To turn down offers of £4m and above for him has been very brave, or very stupid. Only time will tell if he develops into a player worthy of those amounts. Palace certainly need to change their style if he is going to progress as a player, Freedman will be sapping the life out of him if he continues as he has this year in concentrating solely on keeping clean sheets. Next year is a big test for both of them.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Can't be arsed to read through this thread but has The Times today been memtioned?
Palace forced to sell Saha through poor season ticket sales. Ha ha ha.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's all about opinions,we rate him,you dont.IF he reaches his full potential,he will play at the top level,but he needs to be managed properly,like he's getting at palace. If he leaves too soon,he'll struggle with all the pressures that a big move will bring. On his day he's unplayable, and with more games under his belt, those days will be more frequent. The best prospect I've seen at palace in my 40 odd years of supporting them.

Could easily be describing LuaLua or Buckley there.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Attitude is an interesting one. He caused a huge shitstorm when he tried to command an 'appearance fee' when the fans wanted to present him with an award.

This didn't happen, the chairmen have spoken to him and confirmed it. Some Palace fans got a bit ahead of themselves. His agent told him to go but he had no idea it was a fans event.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Zaha’s suitors told to pay £5m for winger

Crystal Palace have told Bolton and Reading that they would be willing to sell the winger if the sum is paid in full up front

As expected, the 7m offer from Bolton in January was more like 2m now 5m over 3 years and dependent on appearances or something. 5m is probably his true worth and its looks as if Palace will sell for that.

Crystal Palace have told Bolton and Reading that they would be willing to sell the winger if the sum is paid in full up front

As expected, the 7m offer from Bolton in January was more like 2m now 5m over 3 years and dependent on appearances or something. 5m is probably his true worth and its looks as if Palace will sell for that.

Joking aside,

I always thought he would fetch about 8m, If Palace are really going to accept 5 then Zaha is not that highly valued by CPFC2010 or they are desperate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This didn't happen, the chairmen have spoken to him and confirmed it. Some Palace fans got a bit ahead of themselves. His agent told him to go but he had no idea it was a fans event.

Zaha's suitors told to pay £5m for winger

This can't be true, can it, Glenn-Murray?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

All joking and pi$$ taking aside that isn't good reading, very, very few clubs ever get paid up front, definitely not the norm. Put it this way, the last club to do this was Plymouth wrt Craig Noone, and we'll all know where that led.
Smacks of cash flow issues at the palace.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
This can't be true, can it, Glenn-Murray?

Complete shit I'm afraid, unless there is even a single quote from
Dougie or CPFC2010? Just because it's in a paper without quotes doesn't mean it's true. If we're going by the papers, he's off to Barcelona for £10m :)

How about we cross-reference this article with ACTUAL QUOTES from Dougie and CPFC2010?
"No disrespect to Newcastle, they've had a fantastic season, but they aren't really a big enough club for Wilf" Or....
"Boltons second bid is insulting, it is absolutely nowhere near our valuation"

Sorry to piss in your pockets, but you're getting excited about a nothing article purely because you like what it says :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Joking aside,

I always thought he would fetch about 8m, If Palace are really going to accept 5 then Zaha is not that highly valued by CPFC2010 or they are desperate.

For the last time... WE HAVE ALREADY REJECTED £7m!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
that isn't good reading
Palace have to sell their players because they haven't got enough fans wanting to go to Selhurst...? From where I am it is award winning stuff...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Complete shit I'm afraid, unless there is even a single quote from
Dougie or CPFC2010? Just because it's in a paper without quotes doesn't mean it's true. If we're going by the papers, he's off to Barcelona for £10m :)

How about we cross-reference this article with ACTUAL QUOTES from Dougie and CPFC2010?
"No disrespect to Newcastle, they've had a fantastic season, but they aren't really a big enough club for Wilf" Or....
"Boltons second bid is insulting, it is absolutely nowhere near our valuation"

Sorry to piss in your pockets, but you're getting excited about a nothing article purely because you like what it says :)

So you're telling us there is NO way that Palace need the money, and therefore are willing to accept a lower bid to get the money upfront?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Perhaps that was £7m spread over 3 years, or with various clauses etc? Sounds like CPFC2010 could do with a bit more money, a bit more nowish!

Keep your Alans on old son. You may well have rejected 7m but that would have been paid in instalments, 5m up front is not something CPFC2010 would reject out of hand, you are losing money and this would go some way to plugging the hole.

Not saying it's true but I wouldn't dismiss it just yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's not true though, is it? :)

You hope. From CPFC2010 themselves, there are NOT ENOUGH fans, the owners are having to dip into their own pockets and will sell players to keep the club going if they have to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here