Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Thats one hell of a statement fella!!!

Not sure whether to admire your optamism or pity your deludedism!

It is, but CPFC2010 have said that any money coming in from transfer fees will be put back into the transfer budget. Assuming Wilf goes (probably next year) for what he's worth, we'll have an extra £10m to spend in wages and fees. I'd be a tad disappointed if we couldn't build a promotion-worthy side from that money.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
This is very true.

On the palace forum there is a thread which their Chairman posts on and he even said that they are losing millions each year and unless the crowds increase and extra revenue generated they will be forced to sell.

Got to pick you up on this one. We haven't actually lost money this year - after our cup run and the compensation for Clyne in the summer we have made money.

Steve Parish said we lose between 2-3 million per season if we recieve no extra money in. This year we've had a cup run that earned us over a million quid, and we're expecting 3 million for Nathaniel in the summer.

They lost money in 2011, but not in 2012. Obviously, they are giving the Doog a bigger budget in the summer. If we don't go up in the next few years, we'll have to sell Wilf because we won't be satisfying his ambitions, and all of a sudden Palace have broken even again for the last 3 years, even with the increased budget.

Got to pick you up on this one. We haven't actually lost money this year - after our cup run and the compensation for Clyne in the summer we have made money.

Steve Parish said we lose between 2-3 million per season if we recieve no extra money in. This year we've had a cup run that earned us over a million quid, and we're expecting 3 million for Nathaniel in the summer.

They lost money in 2011, but not in 2012. Obviously, they are giving the Doog a bigger budget in the summer. If we don't go up in the next few years, we'll have to sell Wilf because we won't be satisfying his ambitions, and all of a sudden Palace have broken even again for the last 3 years, even with the increased budget.

Two posts by your chairman on that thread would suggest otherwise.

The finances are the biggest headache. We simply do not generate enough income to match our expenditure. The 4 of us have to keep putting more money in to make up the difference. We could of course solve this by sellimg a player or two but we'd prefer not to do that. This is why we are hoping that everyone who has not done so yet will renew their season ticket this weekend.

It is essential for us to try and reduce the losses that CPFC have always made (£3-5 million per annum) without the usual old solution of selling the best young players. We are trying to deliver a superior product to our supporters at a lower price than our competitors - and I'm not just talking about the beer here.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

The finances are the biggest headache. We simply do not generate enough income to match our expenditure. The 4 of us have to keep putting more money in to make up the difference. We could of course solve this by sellimg a player or two but we'd prefer not to do that. This is why we are hoping that everyone who has not done so yet will renew their season ticket this weekend.

It is essential for us to try and reduce the losses that CPFC have always made (£3-5 million per annum) without the usual old solution of selling the best young players. We are trying to deliver a superior product to our supporters at a lower price than our competitors - and I'm not just talking about the beer here.

This doesn't include the cup run and Clyne money, all of which come at the end of the year. I only know this because I spoke to Steve Parish, one of the other chairmen, about a month ago. I'm guessing that was as much about convincing people to buy ST's as anything else.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

"The finances are the biggest headache. We simply do not generate enough income to match our expenditure. The 4 of us have to keep putting more money in to make up the difference. We could of course solve this by sellimg a player or two but we'd prefer not to do that. This is why we are hoping that everyone who has not done so yet will renew their season ticket this weekend."
I like the fact their chairman posts on their board. I'm not wanting TB to come here, he'd go insane, but aren't our crowds supposed to be dropping to about 12,000 this year, in which case a post from the club asking us to renew our season tickets could be posted any day.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We simply do not generate enough income to match our expenditure. The 4 of us have to keep putting more money in to make up the difference. We could of course solve this by sellimg a player or two but we'd prefer not to do that. This is why we are hoping that everyone who has not done so yet will renew their season ticket this weekend.

Well, them, the creditors, the tax payers, local charities. All chipped in a couple of times over recent years.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It is, but CPFC2010 have said that any money coming in from transfer fees will be put back into the transfer budget. Assuming Wilf goes (probably next year) for what he's worth, we'll have an extra £10m to spend in wages and fees. I'd be a tad disappointed if we couldn't build a promotion-worthy side from that money.

Yeah I highly doubt that. You may receive like 10% of the fee of Zaha IF he leaves but not £10 mill :lolol:

He'll leave or £4mill or below anyway, you over rate him too much.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Eh? You do know the financial year runs from April to March, right? You can't say you haven't lost money this year on the basis of some money you might get in July.

I'd hate to be your bank manager, fella :lolol:

Jan 12, 2012
Yeah I highly doubt that. You may receive like 10% of the fee of Zaha IF he leaves but not £10 mill :lolol:

He'll leave or £4mill or below anyway, you over rate him too much.

It's all about opinions,we rate him,you dont.IF he reaches his full potential,he will play at the top level,but he needs to be managed properly,like he's getting at palace. If he leaves too soon,he'll struggle with all the pressures that a big move will bring. On his day he's unplayable, and with more games under his belt, those days will be more frequent. The best prospect I've seen at palace in my 40 odd years of supporting them.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It's all about opinions,we rate him,you dont.IF he reaches his full potential,he will play at the top level,but he needs to be managed properly,like he's getting at palace. If he leaves too soon,he'll struggle with all the pressures that a big move will bring. On his day he's unplayable, and with more games under his belt, those days will be more frequent. The best prospect I've seen at palace in my 40 odd years of supporting them.

It's not that we don't rate him, a lot of us think he's a very good player BUT he is very hugely over rated, I think you lot are judging him on his potential not his current ability. I personally don't like him because he dives, if he went down easily then fair enough but he doesn't, he runs and runs until he loses balance then he'll wrap his foot around a player to make it look like he's been tripped.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lallana of Southampton got in the Championship team ahead of Zaha quite simply because he is a better all round player. They are different types of players, granted. Zaha is....er....stepovers and pace, and little else (still useful, no denying that). Lallana, from what I've seen, is an accomplished finisher, crosser, and has a fantastic ability to spot a killer pass. His footballing brain is superior to Zaha's.

I think Lallana will be Southampton's star in the PL next season: Lambert will score a few, but nowhere near as many as he has done for the past few seasons. Lallana will do well, and then all the PL-obsessed commentators will discuss him in awestruck terms like he's only just broken through, and they've discovered a new star (who in fact has been around and pulling up trees for two or three seasons now).

It's not that we don't rate him, a lot of us think he's a very good player BUT he is very hugely over rated, I think you lot are judging him on his potential not his current ability. I personally don't like him because he dives, if he went down easily then fair enough but he doesn't, he runs and runs until he loses balance then he'll wrap his foot around a player to make it look like he's been tripped.

In reality a poor mans Ashley Young then ?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
35 years without falling into League 1. Either we keep Wilf and do well with the Young POTY, or we sell him and add £10m to our budget to win promotion.

If you do sell him for anywhere near that crazy valuation, how much of the money will go into your player budget? Surely your owners are going to have to use a sizeable chunk of it to plug the gaping hole left in your budget by the feeble and dwindling ticket sales you suffer.

If you do sell him for anywhere near that crazy valuation, how much of the money will go into your player budget? Surely your owners are going to have to use a sizeable chunk of it to plug the gaping hole left in your budget by the feeble and dwindling ticket sales you suffer.

No, no, no. Ticket sales are up don't you know, If all goes to plan they are looking like shifting 8,000 for next season. Although how many of these are the free ones to kids is yet to be seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here