Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Out of interest, have your lot actually ever sold a player for £4m? :D

We don't need to sell players. Despite being owned by megabazillionnaires, you lot still seem very strapped for cash. Otherwise you wouldn't be selling your best players.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rubbish, you sold your best player to Norwich last year, you lost your top scorer to us, etc. Every club in this league is a selling club.

Neither were forced sales. Gus allowed Benno to go with his blessing as he has repeatedly said he will never stand in a players way if they want to play at a higher level. And Glenn went to you because we didn't feel he was worth the wages you paid.

Neither of them were sales to balance the books etc. We are not a selling club.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
We don't need to sell players. Despite being owned by megabazillionnaires, you lot still seem very strapped for cash. Otherwise you wouldn't be selling your best players.

Which of our players have been sold? (HINT: None)

It's easy to make points when you invent facts. :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This lad is the best youngster I have ever seen at selhurst park,I have never seen a player go past so many different types of defenders which such ease and style,I think it's on of the best parts of our grate game seeing a winger skin players at pace.
Another point to mention with wilf that this is his first season at championship football and he's going to get a lot better as he learns the game,as for value can't see him going for under 10 mil but I can only hope he stays at palace for a few more season so I can watch how develope .
The best all round player to come through palace this season is Williams this lad will go to the top of the game he has every thing the modern football needs in today's game ,breath taking for his age,
They still feels there are a few more gems to come through the palace academe next season

Wow. All these AMAZING players. You must be a top half Prem team...*looks at table* oh. So you were talking bollocks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Which of our players have been sold? (HINT: None)

It's easy to make points when you invent facts. :)

Moses. Bostock. Now looking like Clyne and maybe Zaha. You have a history of needing to sell players to balance the books.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Burke and Lallana have had better seasons. Wilf will undoubtedly be better than both in a few years, but they have done better this season. Wilf's value is largely based on his potential to be an incredible player.

He was however named Football League Young POTY.

Fair enough. I was genuinely suprised he was not in the team of the year.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Moses. Bostock. Now looking like Clyne and maybe Zaha. You have a history of needing to sell players to balance the books.

Moses was sold in administration under different owners in MASSIVELY different circumstances. Bostock was taken, not sold. Clyne hasn't been sold, his deal has expired, we have offered a new one but he'd prefer to sign for Ferguson. Saying that Zaha might be sold doesn't mean he has been sold, and even if he was, it wouldnt be to balance the books - it would be so that he could "play at a higher level" like (although much better than) Bennett as you said.

CPFC2010 haven't sold a single player. You are talking absolute shite.

This is very true.

On the palace forum there is a thread which their Chairman posts on and he even said that they are losing millions each year and unless the crowds increase and extra revenue generated they will be forced to sell.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
This is very true.

On the palace forum there is a thread which their Chairman posts on and he even said that they are losing millions each year and unless the crowds increase and extra revenue generated they will be forced to sell.

Oh dear, Palace! And I don't suppose other clubs will be aware of this and will start offering a bit less for certain prized youngsters because they know Palace desperately need the money up front, will they?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Moses was sold in administration under different owners in MASSIVELY different circumstances. Bostock was taken, not sold. Clyne hasn't been sold, his deal has expired, we have offered a new one but he'd prefer to sign for Ferguson. Saying that Zaha might be sold doesn't mean he has been sold, and even if he was, it wouldnt be to balance the books - it would be so that he could "play at a higher level" like (although much better than) Bennett as you said.

CPFC2010 haven't sold a single player. You are talking absolute shite.
....nor have they signed anyone of any substance. Selling Zaha would be beneficial for your team, I hope he stays :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Oh dear, Palace! And I don't suppose other clubs will be aware of this and will start offering a bit less for certain prized youngsters because they know Palace desperately need the money up front, will they?

We aren't desperate for money in any way, shape or form. CPFC2010 have said they want to sell more season tickets, but will finance the club from their own pockets in the mean time. If we don't go up in the next two years, they'll sell a player (Wilf for £10m would cover our losses for 5 years) and rebuild.

If they offered less, we wouldn't take it? We've turned down £7m already you fools? 2010 have said we don't need the money, and we've got Wilf on a 5 year contract :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
....nor have they signed anyone of any substance. Selling Zaha would be beneficial for your team, I hope he stays :)

That will come this year, as they have said. We've got a "play-off sized budget" to work with over the summer. If Zaha is sold to United or someone, £10m+ gets added to it.

If we sell Zaha, I'd be surprised if we weren't promoted the following season.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Thought I'd just throw it out there that Brighton are 12/1 to go up next season where palace are 66-1.

As it stands, I don't care who palace sign, they aren't going up.

We aren't desperate for money in any way, shape or form. CPFC2010 have said they want to sell more season tickets, but will finance the club from their own pockets in the mean time. If we don't go up in the next two years, they'll sell a player (Wilf for £10m would cover our losses for 5 years) and rebuild.

If they offered less, we wouldn't take it? We've turned down £7m already you fools? 2010 have said we don't need the money, and we've got Wilf on a 5 year contract :)

Seriously, how long can they keep that up?

Not trying to take the moral high ground, that would be silly bearing in mind that we have been running at a loss for years, but the FFP is looming fast and Palace are going to need a huge cash injection soon to redevelop or move from Selhurst.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thought I'd just throw it out there that Brighton are 12/1 to go up next season where palace are 66-1.

Putting all the dick waving aside, and I love a bit of dick waving, that might be a decent bet if their team strengthening works out well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Putting all the dick waving aside, and I love a bit of dick waving, that might be a decent bet if their team strengthening works out well.
When Drogba signs you'll kick yourself for not taking 12's, now.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Great odds, if I were a betting man I'd say that was good value.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
That will come this year, as they have said. We've got a "play-off sized budget" to work with over the summer. If Zaha is sold to United or someone, £10m+ gets added to it.

If we sell Zaha, I'd be surprised if we weren't promoted the following season.

Thats one hell of a statement fella!!!

Not sure whether to admire your optamism or pity your deludedism!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports