Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I put that down to immaturity, im sure he'll learn in time, but Buckleys got no excuse !

I think you're being naive. Diving is nothing to do with age or maturity, a respect for/honour in the game is either in you, or it's not. It's not in Zaha, it's not in some of our own players. Unfortunately, there are quite a few players more willing to easily go down for a cheap set piece than show integrity and true sportsmanship.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Zaha is clearly a talented young player, though he does need to cut out the diving a bit. I think what winds people up, though, is the Palace fans on here who proclaim him as some kind of hybrid Pele-Messi-Ronaldo-Maradona omni-god. Yeah, he's a good young player, but right now that's it. I remember a couple of years ago Victor Moses was the next big thing. Not pulling up huge great trees across Europe right now, is he?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Hang on, so, Vicente's rubbish and past it, and THAT'S why he's playing for Brighton. This Brighton finished a LONG way clear of Palace, so by your logic, Zaha must be pretty shit, otherwise why would he be at a struggling bottom half club? Your logic is broken.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Hang on, so, Vicente's rubbish and past it, and THAT'S why he's playing for Brighton. This Brighton finished a LONG way clear of Palace, so by your logic, Zaha must be pretty shit, otherwise why would he be at a struggling bottom half club? Your logic is broken.

Zaha would never be playing for us in a million years had we not produced him from our academy. He is too good for every club in this league, and had he played for someone else we wouldn't have been able to sign him.

The logic isn't flawed, academy players just change the rules a bit.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Out of interest, have your lot actually ever sold a player for £4m? :D

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Zaha would never be playing for us in a million years had we not produced him from our academy. He is too good for every club in this league, and had he played for someone else we wouldn't have been able to sign him.

I thought he was a future prospect with alot to learn? At present he is not above any team in this league with his stats. Regardless of how "good" he might be.

Plenty of players have been hot prospect in the past and have amounted to nothing. I wouldn't be counting my chickens yet if I were you.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't think Palace fans understand the nature of transfers in the current climate. the 7m offered by Bolton in January was probably only a few million up front with the rest dependent on a lot of different factors. If they were offering 5m up front he would have gone. Fact.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Palace benefit from being able/willing to offer first team football in a cosmopolitan city where young players will find it difficult to break into a side in the upper echelons of the football league.

They vie with Charlton, Watford and Millwall to be the best 'London' side, way behind Arsenal/Chelsea/Tottenham/Fulham. They have a great pool of talent to choose from, once the bigger clubs have had their pick. Hardly surprising that they will end up with a decent player now and again. Moses was more luck than anything. Presumably the same for Zaha et al. I always find it a bit of an odd boast. It is not as if Palace put him together and created him.

Either way, how much money has been created and/or saved Palace over the years. Enough to cover two stints of administration?

You didn't.

This whole "we produced Zaha from our academy" thing is quite an untruth. Zaha was produced by a Youth Academy on The Ivory Coast, ASEC Mimosas, he came to England at the age of 14.

Now unless Crystal Palace untaught him everything he had already been taught from a Youth Academy that has already produced, Eboue, Yaya Toure and Gervinho I really cannot see how Palace produced him.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You didn't.

This whole "we produced Zaha from our academy" thing is quite an untruth. Zaha was produced by a Youth Academy on The Ivory Coast, ASEC Mimosas, he came to England at the age of 14.

Now unless Crystal Palace untaught him everything he had already been taught from a Youth Academy that has already produced, Eboue, Yaya Toure and Gervinho I really cannot see how Palace produced him.

The last five years at Palace count for nothing? Being given a chance in the second tier of English football means nothing? Five years of development turning him into a fantastic player?

I'm sure there are millions of talented 14 year olds around the country. Maybe 1/100 make it to becoming professional footballers, and even less manage to make it at the standard of somewhere like Palace. They had the initial few years, but we did the hard work, and turned him into the magnificent player he is.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
This lad is the best youngster I have ever seen at selhurst park,I have never seen a player go past so many different types of defenders which such ease and style,I think it's on of the best parts of our grate game seeing a winger skin players at pace.
Another point to mention with wilf that this is his first season at championship football and he's going to get a lot better as he learns the game,as for value can't see him going for under 10 mil but I can only hope he stays at palace for a few more season so I can watch how develope .
The best all round player to come through palace this season is Williams this lad will go to the top of the game he has every thing the modern football needs in today's game ,breath taking for his age,
They still feels there are a few more gems to come through the palace academe next season

The last five years at Palace count for nothing? Being given a chance in the second tier of English football means nothing? Five years of development turning him into a fantastic player?

I'm sure there are millions of talented 14 year olds around the country. Maybe 1/100 make it to becoming professional footballers, and even less manage to make it at the standard of somewhere like Palace. They had the initial few years, but we did the hard work, and turned him into the magnificent player he is.

That isn't what I said is it, I merely pointed out that the Palace Academy, which is one thing I do envy about your shower, DID NOT produce him. Smoothed out the rough edges maybe but he isn't one of your products. Footballers do not just magically appear at age 14, they have been training since they were very young and as he came from the same academy as Eboue, Toure and Gervinho I do think it's a bit rich for you to lay claim that Palace produced him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports