Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
So how is this team who finished 17th who spent f*** all last summer and allegedly are not selling your best players suddenly going to buy big and mount a promotion push??????

Where is the extra money coming from the fund this as its not astronomical season ticket sales that's for sure

Delusion of the highest order

It'll come by one of three ways:

1) Their BILLIONAIRE owners will finally put their hands in their pockets (though why, as people who are so rich and such big fans, they haven't already is anyone's guess)

2) They will sell Zaha and Clyne for a combined total of £1.432 TRILLION and use that to buy every other professional footballer in Britain.

3) They'll just spend money they don't have and go into admin again.

Guess which of these I think is most likely?

Of course there is a fourth option, which is they spend not very much, sell Zaha and Clyne for a bit to plug the black hole and get relegated.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Question to any Palace fan reading this: If, as per Freedman's comment quoted earlier in this thread, Newcastle United "aren't a big enough club" for Zaha, then who exactly would constitute a big enough club?

I saw reports over the weekend linking him with Hoffenheim in Germany, are they considered big enough to be allowed to be interested, I wonder? They'd certainly have the cash (even the amounts talked about by the Palace lot on here) after they sell Sigurdsson in the Summer.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It'll come by one of three ways:

1) Their BILLIONAIRE owners will finally put their hands in their pockets (though why, as people who are so rich and such big fans, they haven't already is anyone's guess)

2) They will sell Zaha and Clyne for a combined total of £1.432 TRILLION and use that to buy every other professional footballer in Britain.

3) They'll just spend money they don't have and go into admin again.

Guess which of these I think is most likely?

Of course there is a fourth option, which is they spend not very much, sell Zaha and Clyne for a bit to plug the black hole and get relegated.

I'm fairly sure it's Option 2. :rolleyes:

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Sorry, are we talking real life or Football Manager?<br />
<br />
<font color="red">I don't play that. Wilf has played more games and got more goals and assists. Good enough for you?</font><br />
<br />
I expect many of them would say 'Vicente'.<br />
<br />
<font color="red">Vicente is past it, although obviously a good player when fit. Unfortunately, his legs are almost completely gone, which is why he has been playing for Brighton this season. I don't think you'd be able to sell Vicente for anything at all, yet alone £10m </font>
<br />
<br />
:D:D

Vicente's legs are almost gone? I've seen him destroy every team his played against this season. I expect him to do the same next season if he stays.

He has achieved more than most prem players and certainly alot more than the players in the championship.

I don't get this argument about one player and "what he might be in the future". Fact is, if his gonna be that good he won't be at palace.

What team you have now is more important, and I'd take Vicente any time.

Brightons future is only going to get better. Zaha maybe good, but who cares if the team he plays with can only finish 17th?

Jan 12, 2012
Question to any Palace fan reading this: If, as per Freedman's comment quoted earlier in this thread, Newcastle United "aren't a big enough club" for Zaha, then who exactly would constitute a big enough club?

I saw reports over the weekend linking him with Hoffenheim in Germany, are they considered big enough to be allowed to be interested, I wonder? They'd certainly have the cash (even the amounts talked about by the Palace lot on here) after they sell Sigurdsson in the Summer.

I think its called upping the ante. If a club comes in with a big offer,and its good for Wilf and the club, im sure the club would be foolish not to consider it. In saying that, im sure he'll be with us next season, playing in middle.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A quick Google search immediately shows Burnley and Cardiff fans also stating that Zaha is a cheat. Accept it. I think he's a good player, but why does it hurt you so much to admit he's a conman?

The fact he is a cheat adds 2 mill on his asking price.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Out of interest if Zaha is so good why was he not in the PFA championship team of the year?

Burke and Lallana have had better seasons. Wilf will undoubtedly be better than both in a few years, but they have done better this season. Wilf's value is largely based on his potential to be an incredible player.

He was however named Football League Young POTY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here