Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Guess not then.

I don't bet, and either way it depends entirely on what happens over the summer. I think we'll be in and around the playoffs next season, as does Dougie and Steve Parish. The Doog will be given a decent transfer budget, so it'll be interesting to see how he spends it and if he manages to build on the very good spine that we've got.

This season has been your best in recent memory. If you're lucky, you'll be able to do as well next season without the momentum from promotion etc.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Sounds like a perfect description of Kazenga Lua Lua. Can we expect £10 million for him then?

Kazenga Lua Lua is 3 years older than Wilf, and Wilf is already better. On that basis and that basis alone - no.

Interestingly, Newcastle sold you Lua Lua and didn't seem too upset about it. A year later, they tried to BUY Wilfried. I think that tells you all you need to know.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't bet, and either way it depends entirely on what happens over the summer. I think we'll be in and around the playoffs next season, as does Dougie and Steve Parish. The Doog will be given a decent transfer budget, so it'll be interesting to see how he spends it and if he manages to build on the very good spine that we've got.

This season has been your best in recent memory. If you're lucky, you'll be able to do as well next season without the momentum from promotion etc.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336329161.494213.jpg

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Kazenga Lua Lua is 3 years older than Wilf, and Wilf is already better. On that basis and that basis alone - no.

Interestingly, Newcastle sold you Lua Lua and didn't seem too upset about it. A year later, they tried to BUY Wilfried. I think that tells you all you need to know.

Funny that, bought kaz less than a year ago but you carry on with your "facts" :lol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

21 minus 19 doesn't equal 3, the last time I bothered to check.

On what exact grounds is "Wilf" better than Kaz then? From the description YOU posted, they sound virtually identical.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

So how is this team who finished 17th who spent f*** all last summer and allegedly are not selling your best players suddenly going to buy big and mount a promotion push??????

Where is the extra money coming from the fund this as its not astronomical season ticket sales that's for sure

Delusion of the highest order

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I've never bet in my life, but I am CERTAIN we will finish above you next season.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

On what exact grounds is "Wilf" better than Kaz then? From the description YOU posted, they sound virtually identical.

Sorry, I keep forgetting Wilf is 19 now. So two and a bit years difference.

The fact that we rejected a £7m bid for Zaha and you bought Kazenga for about a seventh of that is quite telling. Also, Wilf's goal record is better than Lua Lua's. The two really aren't comparable, we've OBVIOUSLY got the better player. Wilf has better stats, has played more games, is significantly younger, has been the subject of a lot of Premiership interest, hasn't been rejected by a Premiership club, etc.

To be honest I don't really know why you're bothering, no sensible person would ever argue that Lua Lua (or indeed any of your players) is as valuable as Wilf. Ask any Premiership manager who they'd rather have, what do you think they'd say? :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You've forgotten that Zaha brings a host of penalties, free-kicks to his team through being a nasty little cheat. In that respect he possibly shades the contest.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So how is this team who finished 17th who spent f*** all last summer and allegedly are not selling your best players suddenly going to buy big and mount a promotion push??????

Where is the extra money coming from the fund this as its not astronomical season ticket sales that's for sure

Delusion of the highest order

It's coming from our owners, like yours has :)

We finished in midtable, and were in the top 6 for almost all of the first 2/3 of the season. After that the cup run took its toll, and we had some crucial injuries etc. etc.

We're not planning to sell any of our best players. Clyne is out of contract so we haven't got a choice, but we're expecting £3m in compensation for him because we produced him and he's under 24 etc, the club signing him (allegedly Man United) have already agreed this. That £3m will go back into the transfer budget, and CPFC2010 have said they're targetting the playoffs next season, and that "the budget will reflect that".

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wilf has better stats

Sorry, are we talking real life or Football Manager?

To be honest I don't really know why you're bothering, no sensible person would ever argue that Lua Lua (or indeed any of your players) is as valuable as Wilf. Ask any Premiership manager who they'd rather have, what do you think they'd say? :)

I expect many of them would say 'Vicente'.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You've forgotten that Zaha brings a host of penalties, free-kicks to his team through being a nasty little cheat. In that respect he possibly shades the contest.

Funny, the only people who call Wilf a cheat are Brighton fans. Everyone else just accepts that he's a brilliant player with tremendous skill.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Sorry, are we talking real life or Football Manager?

I don't play that. Wilf has played more games and got more goals and assists. Good enough for you?

I expect many of them would say 'Vicente'.

Vicente is past it, although obviously a good player when fit. Unfortunately, his legs are almost completely gone, which is why he has been playing for Brighton this season. I don't think you'd be able to sell Vicente for anything at all, yet alone £10m

:D:D

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

We've got as much chance of selling Vicente for £10 million as you have of selling Zaha for that amount.

If Zaha, by the age of 30, has achieved a QUARTER of what Vicente has, I'll be amazed. Sadly for him though top flight titles, UEFA Cup wins, international caps et al aren't that easy to come by at Wigan.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He's only just turned 19 FFS. This will come with time. At the moment, the fact that he has an incredible talent on the ball with a great deal of pace is good enough. He is a very intelligent player and it's very difficult to get the ball off him. He scored 9 goals this season from the wing, and got quite a few assists as well. His end product is decent, but will only get better, which is why we're so optimistic about him.

You are not crowning yourself in glory on here fella... it's actually quite funny to read your posts, however and away from that, Bennett did the same job for us last season and went for 1.3 mill I believe... what's the difference apart from about 5 years?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It's coming from our owners, like yours has :)

We finished in midtable, and were in the top 6 for almost all of the first 2/3 of the season. After that the cup run took its toll, and we had some crucial injuries etc. etc.

We're not planning to sell any of our best players. Clyne is out of contract so we haven't got a choice, but we're expecting £3m in compensation for him because we produced him and he's under 24 etc, the club signing him (allegedly Man United) have already agreed this. That £3m will go back into the transfer budget, and CPFC2010 have said they're targetting the playoffs next season, and that "the budget will reflect that".

So 17th is mid table now!! We were winning then <insert excuse> blah blah blah. You finished where you DESERVED to finish based on your performances across the season and despite all your 'superstars' you were light years from the playoff spots

I have to admire your optimism for next season and whilst clearly deluded some of your comments on this thread have had me in stitches so thanks for cheering up my Sunday

I will look forward to the championship Nani partnered with chris Martin (and Murray cameo) firing you into the premier league next season

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Funny, the only people who call Wilf a cheat are Brighton fans. Everyone else just accepts that he's a brilliant player with tremendous skill.

A quick Google search immediately shows Burnley and Cardiff fans also stating that Zaha is a cheat. Accept it. I think he's a good player, but why does it hurt you so much to admit he's a conman?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here