Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon Men's Final

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I'm no tennis pundit, but he looked in control. I just thought 'Totally tore Raonic's game apart, piece by piece, dissected his big serve like a surgeon with a sharp blade' was an exaggeration, that's all.

I can't now remember what happened in the tie breaks - I remember the score, but was it simply Murray choosing to wait until then to batter his serve, or did the pressure get to Raonic?

Murray looked in control from the off IMO, hence the game, for me, was quite dull. Raonic never really troubled the Murray serve and fell apart in the tie breaks.

Murray's win was as impressive as Djokovic's was against Murray at the French open, although Murray did win a set there before being dismantled.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well I'm no tennis pundit, but he looked in control. I just thought 'Totally tore Raonic's game apart, piece by piece, dissected his big serve like a surgeon with a sharp blade' was an exaggeration, that's all.

I can't now remember what happened in the tie breaks - I remember the score, but was it simply Murray choosing to wait until then to batter his serve, or did the pressure get to Raonic?

I think both tie breaks were at 5-1 to Murray at some point. He won them pretty comfortably, I agree with your paragraph above that though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here