Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2022

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Coco looks stunning. 4-1 up in the first set.

Haven't seen a more exciting ladies player with her power since Venus or Serena Williams in their prime. Kim Clijsters like tactically as well. She is special.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Heather Watson wins the first set on a tiebreak. Come on Heather!!

All good but Christ it’s dull baseline duelling for the most part. Double faults handing Heather points

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Week 2...1 Brit through, 3 to go!

Julie Niemeier from Germany next for Watson.

Win that and it's a Quarter-Final...

Last edited:

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
What a win for Heather! Brilliantly played! :clap:

It was almost too easy in the second set, then I feared it would go 5-3 and there may be a collapse but I am just so delighted for such a lovely girl and her beautiful smile! I hope she's now given the media attention she deserves and in the last 16, she's up against the world ranked #97 German, Jule Niemeier. No reason why she cannot carry on her fairytale run. :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a win for Heather! Brilliantly played! :clap:

It was almost too easy in the second set, then I feared it would go 5-3 and there may be a collapse but I am just so delighted for such a lovely girl and her beautiful smile!
[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION], just how many accounts have you hacked, ffs? What is it that you want from us?

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I've got £20 on Steve Johnson to beat Cameron Norrie.

Norrie is 2/7. That is way too short for a player who has never reached a GS last 16. He'll either embrace or freeze with the partisan crowd. Johnson is 5/2.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Norrie eases through to Week 2 in straight sets and dropped just 5 games in a 6-4 6-1 6-0 romp.

Next up in Round 4 - Tommy Paul (30th seed).

After that, it would be either the 23rd seed Tiafoe or unseeded Goffin in the way of a possible Semi-Final with Djokovic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here