Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2022

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Botic Van De Zandschulp on court now.

This is a guy who could go a long way. The big Dutchman reached the semi-finals of Queen's on the grass a fortnight ago and is maturing very rapidly as a player. He was 500/1 at the start of Wimbledon. Worth a couple of quid each-way?

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Good, the fawning was annoying me even though I understand why it happens, it would only have ramped up as she progressed. Plenty of young players coming through that I find more entertaining :shrug:

The Brits are doing remarkably well too.

That game was an all-time low for BBC "Impartiality" as Navratilova and co. said as Williams stood at 3-0 in the final set, "Well this has proved a great warm-up for Serena, and we hope she challenges now for her 24th singles title..". I had watched as a demure French Indo-Chinese lady made a mockery of the stomping and screaming on the other side of the net.

The truth is Navratilova and McEnroe couldn't wait for the prospect of Williams to catch or overtake the hated Margaret Court whose record has stood now on 24 titles. They have even called for the "Margaret Court Arena" in Melbourne to be renamed.

The Brit invasion brought back to earth with a bump yesterday...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Fabolous after match interview with John Isner...Seems great person and hope he wins it...

He's a Trump/MAGA fan who played a public tournament in the middle of the pandemic, snarked at people for questioning whether that was safe and has had a pop at Black Lives Matter and people protesting about the death of George Floyd. Overall: great guy

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Yay!!! Heather Watson through to the last 32 after a straight-sets win.

She never gets the credit she deserves IMO. This will be the fourth time she'll be playing in the third round - that's not a bad career. Guaranteed £100,000 at least. I hope she can go much further and her draw is looking good with some seeds tumbling.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
We've got a new British female star!

Well done, Katie Boulter! She's knocked out a world class player on centre court and after all her injuries and illness, she deserved that. What a fantastic speech afterwards - to dedicate that win to her grandmother, who passed away a couple of days ago. Class. I hope the media give her all the plaudits.

Congratulations, Katie! :clap:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
He's a Trump/MAGA fan who played a public tournament in the middle of the pandemic, snarked at people for questioning whether that was safe and has had a pop at Black Lives Matter and people protesting about the death of George Floyd. Overall: great guy

I didn't go into his life history after one interview...Better change my mind...Any recommendations? Must love their Mum, be a vegetarian and take in stray animals

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Liam Broady beats Diego Schwartzman seeded 12 in 5 sets after losing 11 (eleven) games on the spin!! Top work

If Jack Draper wins his R2 game, there'll be a guaranteed Brit in Wimbledon's 2nd week as Broady and Draper would meet in R3.

There's a chance of 4 Brits making it through to Week 2 with Norrie seeded to progress.

Should Boulter overcome unseeded Harmony Tan, conqueror of Serena Williams, that would be 3 through.

And Heather Watson's got a great chance as she plays an unseeded player in R3, and would face another in R4.

Suffice to say, it's all looking quite promising...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If Jack Draper wins his R2 game, there'll be a guaranteed Brit in Wimbledon's 2nd week as Broady and Draper would meet in R3.

There's a chance of 4 Brits making it through to Week 2 with Norrie seeded to progress.

Should Boulter overcome unseeded Harmony Tan, conqueror of Serena Williams, that would be 3 through.

And Heather Watson's got a great chance as she plays an unseeded player in R3, and would face another in R4.

Suffice to say, it's all looking quite promising...

Yup it is looking good. Boulter played very well and it would be great if Heather Watson got into next week. Draper looks like he will become a very good player.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BBC channel hopping to much.just stick to the match

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

It’s almost as irritating as having to continually merge threads when *people* needlessly start new threads when one on the same topic already exists, ffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here