Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Wimbledon 2021

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It really is an amazing comeback though.
He deserves a glass of Scots tonight.

he always seems like he's been through the wars when he's played, Djokovic doesn't look like he's broken sweat after his matches

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You really do have to respect Murray. He could have retired long ago when his hip first gave way, but here he is FOUR years later trying to make a comeback and struggling through games against complete nobodies. Some will ask "why bother?" but it seems he just loves playing and wants to get back to a level as close to where he once was. Federer did this a few years ago. Disappeared off the circuit before roaring back, so it can be done.

And he's a Hibs fan, which of course almost makes him an Albion fan too. :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who knows how many more times we'll get to see Andy Murray at Wimbledon, but last night was really very, very special. Almost vintage Murray. Raging against the dying of the light.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You really do have to respect Murray. He could have retired long ago when his hip first gave way, but here he is FOUR years later trying to make a comeback and struggling through games against complete nobodies. Some will ask "why bother?" but it seems he just loves playing and wants to get back to a level as close to where he once was. Federer did this a few years ago. Disappeared off the circuit before roaring back, so it can be done.

And he's a Hibs fan, which of course almost makes him an Albion fan too. :thumbsup:

Remember when the Australian Open just decided he had retired a few years back (just before his first surgery) and did that whole presentation thing for him? That seems mad now.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
:d
IMG-20210622-WA0007.jpg

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Strange how Murray was being battered in the period directly before the enforced 15 minutes in the changing rooms as they close the roof and then as if by magic he comes out refreshed to take the remaining sets...on both matches. It's as if it had been planned that way. Momentum changer - Bit like England playing all their games at Wembley. FIX

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fair play to Murray, he hooked me in last night. I said on Crodo's thread that I wasn't fussed about watching tennis, but switched on just before Muzza won the fourth set and saw it through to the end.

He really is a fantastic sportsman and a fascinating character. I totally admire his determination to get back to Wimbledon, after such horrendous injury troubles.

I also love the fact he can be like two different people on and off the court!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Federer up now, enjoy him while you can

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Just curious about what they do with all the (nearly-new) balls? They seem to get through a lot of them.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just curious about what they do with all the (nearly-new) balls? They seem to get through a lot of them.

I'm pretty sure they sell them.

Emma Radukanu is through to the third round! Only 18...Could that hill where the Sloane Rangers sit be renamed Radukanu's Ridge?

It would be brilliant if we had a top female player.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I thought she was brilliant. Did really well to not let it get to her 3-0 down in the 2nd set, and come back against a top player.

She isn't going to go all the way obviously, but she has incredible potential to be a top player based on this Wimbledon performance so far!

Exactly. Utterly unknown before this tournament, and I wouldn't want to burden her with the sort of pressure that did for Laura Robson...but she really looks as if she's got something about her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here