Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Wimbledon 2021

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some great tennis being played in the Federer vs Sonego game. Rain stops play Sonego break point down at 5-5

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would be amazing if Raducanu became a top ladies player - about time we had one who’s right up there. Konta is good, don’t get me wrong!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Would be amazing if Raducanu became a top ladies player - about time we had one who’s right up there. Konta is good, don’t get me wrong!

It would be good as she has the potential but it will very much depend upon how she is treated by the press and on social media. Both Konta and Laura Robson freaked out at the attention given to them and the weight of expectation. Her back room team may have quite a task on their hands.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One more win and Henman Hill becomes Raducanu Ridge.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It would be good as she has the potential but it will very much depend upon how she is treated by the press and on social media. Both Konta and Laura Robson freaked out at the attention given to them and the weight of expectation. Her back room team may have quite a task on their hands.

She was born in Canada to Romanian and Chinese parents but moved to England at 2 and has chosen us so all good - but she certainly had her pick of nationalities here!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This Aussie looks a bit too strong.
Radacanu is great to watch though. Based on her performances at Wimbledon, she is The best British player I’ve seen. She’d beat Konta.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
She was born in Canada to Romanian and Chinese parents but moved to England at 2 and has chosen us so all good - but she certainly had her pick of nationalities here!

I read that earlier. I guess she's grown up here and feels English, but **** me, after the last 5 years I'd have a Romanian passport please, and a Canadian one.

I'm not big on tennis, but I'm enjoying the view

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

That’d be ‘British’ Konta, born in Sydney to Hungarian parents and who represented Australia until 2012...hmmm.
:lolol:

Next you’ll be telling us Cameron Norrie’s British ffs! :amex:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Emma not 100%, panic attack?

Medical break, so who knows what’s up, real shame she has been brilliant. 18 years old, awesome debut

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I read that earlier. I guess she's grown up here and feels English, but **** me, after the last 5 years I'd have a Romanian passport please, and a Canadian one.

I'm not big on tennis, but I'm enjoying the view

Yes, so would I.

I would imagine that she can still get one of each, even if she plays tennis as a British player. Lucky sod.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
That’d be ‘British’ Konta, born in Sydney to Hungarian parents and who represented Australia until 2012...hmmm.
:lolol:

Next you’ll be telling us Cameron Norrie’s British ffs! :amex:

Lennox Lewis claiming to be British was the biggest farce

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like it’s all over :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here