Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William Buckley

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Just remembered Lualua's one against the bar.. can't remember who it was against... point is, we don't do it enough. Especially as Oscar says he wants us to shoot more often..

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
You obviously HEARD it on the radio, that was not my recollection at all. Good cross for Barnes header, another a defender put out, which was a bit aimless but arguably right area. Rest of the time, got the ball in a good position and turned back, to pass to Ward, who was equally hopeless. Too scared to use his left foot, though we did see why when he fell over when through....

Fair enough if that's your opinion. Others on this thread, the players ratings thread and myself seem to have very different ones, though. And Buckley may have been told to come inside more, but it doesn't prevent him from running out to the wing when he's needed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fair enough if that's your opinion. Others on this thread, the players ratings thread and myself seem to have very different ones, though. And Buckley may have been told to come inside more, but it doesn't prevent him from running out to the wing when he's needed.

Yes, fair enough. I accept my view differs from others, but it was poor and not just from Conway. That aside, I agree Buckley should be out wide, but did you not think he looked more dangerous when Conway went off?

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
Good player when firing , but no balls, pussy tackles and in short needs to man up... My kids got more grit than him,

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Yes, fair enough. I accept my view differs from others, but it was poor and not just from Conway. That aside, I agree Buckley should be out wide, but did you not think he looked more dangerous when Conway went off?

Definitely. It was very strange. He was having probably his worst game in a Brighton shirt in my opinion until Conway went off. He then just sprung into life and started using his pace to beat his man. It was almost as if he was trying to prove a point that he needs to be used as a winger.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Definitely. It was very strange. He was having probably his worst game in a Brighton shirt in my opinion until Conway went off. He then just sprung into life and started using his pace to beat his man. It was almost as if he was trying to prove a point that he needs to be used as a winger.

he beat 4-5 players straight down the middle which led to Lita's first chance on goal he looked unstoppable

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
he beat 4-5 players straight down the middle which led to Lita's first chance on goal he looked unstoppable

Couldn't believe it. He looked like a completely different player to the uninterested one we watched for the first 70 minutes.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Err, yes it is true. Correct, Buckley did make a few runs and Bruno failed to make a pass. But this thread is about Will Buckley's performance. Not Bruno's. I was commenting on him showing no effort to make the run when Bruno needed somebody to pass to on the counter attack.

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make.

My point was Buckley was making runs you claimed he wasn't .. U said he was just jogging around and Bruno was making all the effort. That simply wasnt true, until the last 20 mins they were the worst two players on the park. Which was when Buckley was moved to the opposite wing and started exchanging some passes with Ward.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
My point was Buckley was making runs you claimed he wasn't .. U said he was just jogging around and Bruno was making all the effort. That simply wasnt true, until the last 20 mins they were the worst two players on the park. Which was when Buckley was moved to the opposite wing and started exchanging some passes with Ward.

I claimed he wasn't making runs when needed on the counter attack. He looked disinterested. He did make runs, but when there was no run to make.

Buckley was the worst player on the pitch for the first 70 minutes. Bruno was the worst for the last 20 but the best for the first 20 in my opinion.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bruno was awful all game... He gave the ball away several times in key positions and almost cost us two goals in the second half.

If Buckley actually got he ball when he made a run he might look more interested, right now he looks lost and out of form.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
He was more dangerous when he went to Conway's wing, after he had been substituted. Buckley created more by taking on the full-back than Conway had the entire game.

I thought conways crossing in the first half was of outstanding quality he put a couple of absolutely beauties in - I would suggest the best crosser of a ball I have seen at the albion for ages.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Agree with this. Was is disbelief that it wasn't on target. And on the topic of not using his pace by playing him through, the amount of times Bruno charged down the wing looking for somebody infront of him where Buckley should have been was unbelievable. Bruno was putting all the effort in on the counter attack, and Buckley just casually jogged over without a care in the world. Very disappointing.

Bruno was dreadful - how he is being picked over calderon at the moment I will never know.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can see Buckley retiring at the end of the season. There's no point carrying on if the same problems keep reoccurring.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Is he injured again?

Apparently he was withdrawn on Monday as he was feeling discomfort with his hamstring, great shame as the last two starting appearances from him have been very encouraging, shame he seems as if made of glass at the moment. We need him back fit as his attacking contribution when in confident mode is the best we have.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like we should have cashed in, in Jan. Some Watford fans warned of this and I'm not sure how long the "growing" excuse can be wheeled out for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here